Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: No wonder GE doesn't pay federal income tax

Quote Originally Posted by hard4janira View Post
    Good luck with that. We have a government by and for themselves. If you feel differently please keep drinking the Kool-Aid.
    People dont always pay attention, or remember when the government does something. But the Financial Reform Law, curbed many of the fees that banks were charging, such as overdrafts, or at least let people opt out of the system. My family used to get a lot of fees, periodically. We were told by the bank, that we could not 'qualify' for an overdraft protection program, that would have limited the amount of fees, prior to the law being instituted. I read a few months back where a major cell phone service provider was overcharging, and had to refund about 25 million to customers. In our state we have a public utilities commission, where utilities have to get approval get rate hikes, etc.

And speaking of drinking, it was the government that made it legal for me to drink at all public water fountains in the nation, when I was a youth. The government does have the power to address situations of people whose rights have been violated. There is an extensive list of things done on behalf of the public. I suspect some of the impetus behind, hating the government comes from sources, who know they could get more profits it they did not have to take into account, the 'public good', such as pollution, safety, and other such things.

Banned - Long overdue. Junior Poster

Default Re: No wonder GE doesn't pay federal income tax

Look at what you goodly, benevolent government is doing now. With friends like these, the taxpayer doesn't need any enemies.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/con...teid=rss&rss=1