Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned - Long overdue. Junior Poster

Default Re: Bollocks or top bollocks

Ok, i dont think very many people have seen that movie (or care to).

Moving on...Bollocks or the dogs bollocks: 1st growth Bordeaux....

Discuss.....

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I have never been a fan of Ernest Heminway who didn't like to use commas because only pansies use them. I think he never got over being dressed in pink and chiffon by his mother as if he were really a little girl. I think he thereafter had to emphasise what a butch guy he was even if he maybe he liked to see some matador ass. Maybe it was the smell of bull's blood that enriched his loins. Maybe we should re-title three of his books in honour of the wooden prose and one-dimensional layer of narrative and feeling that Cormac McCarthy thinks is cool.

A Farewell to Bollocks
    The Old Man and the Bollocks
    Across the River and Into the Bollocks

Its al bollocks, basically.

And keep your hands off Premier Cru!

I've never had a Premier Cru. Can't afford it and nobody has offered. On the other hand, I've had some terrific 4th and 5th growth's (and they can get quite expenstive themselves). So is it worth it to pay more for a Premier Cru?

Edit: I read 'The Old Man and the Sea' about a year ago and I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

The problem with Premier Cru is that it is becoming more an investment than a purchase -the demand in China has inflated prices, and two good years -2007 and 2009 have added to this, but these are wines for laying down. But also means buying to drink is exorbitant -the best are still the best, but at those prices if you want something full-bodied, packed with flavour and a perfect compliment to beef or lamb, Ribera del Durro, close to Rioja is a bargain by comparison -but make sure you buy a Riserva as the other stuff is just plonk.

That makes sense. If you have someplace to store it I could imagine wine being a pretty terrific investment. Most of the Premier Cru stuff is proably sold at auction anyways. For me personally, I'm not willing to wait - I prefer the ready to drink stuff myself (or at most a couple of years). California is producing top shelf stuff and a lot of it is drinkable immediately.

I haven't tasted the wines of Zimbabwe, if they still make it; India is improving its wine production, I am told; and Canada even has wine in the Niagara area and its drinkable; but where is the bollocks in all this?

Sake -disgusting stuff, tastes like semen with too much salt -almost anatomically top bollocks!!