Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Modern Warfare 3!

Quote Originally Posted by dafame View Post
    Again (in the words of a famous sexual harasser) "you're talking apples and oranges". The graphics not being as good on console goes without saying. But this applies to both MW3 and Battlefield3 so the statement would have made a little more sense if you had applied it to both but you didn't. That's gonna be the same for any game offered on both console and PC right?

If you wanna call it "watered down" as apposed to "scaled down" that's fine but again "apples and oranges". The comparison was between two different games not console vs. PC. If the goal was simply to state that you're a mature PC player..lol. I get it. But if you were comparing the two games it doesn't make sense because both of these games can be found on PC and console and Battlefield on console still have more player than MW3 on either console or PC so I really can't see your point.

Oh wait, it was that you're a "mature" PC player. Never mind.
    Again...

I separated the reason he (Anubis) might not like Battlefield 3 as being pc vs console experience issue. then I hit 'enter' to separate the comments.

Then I went on to state that since cod4 , the Call of Duty series has been basically the same game on every release, on console and PC. Not just my opinion, it's quite obvious this is the case. Console players AND PC players BOTH should feel slightly let down by the annual quota of reskinned/rehashed call of duty titles.

Later, you went on to state that you owned both versions, and I replied to that, and the 'watered down' vs 'scaled down' thing came up. I thought it was perfectly clear that i was talking about Battlefield 3 was I not? Never once mentioning Mw3 in the 'scaled down' reply.

I prefer first person shooters on PC, as i feel many concessions have been made to please an adolescent demographic (If you argue that it's not, then our discussion is over, I have no desire to go back and forth with someone that does not understand marketing and catering to a certain buyer group). Removal of features that WERE standard in pc exclusive first person shooters (before it became popular to release games on ALL/most platforms), to make it easier for a teen to play with his friends, and for his console to be able to handle, player counts, high resolution graphics.

You , as an Adult, might/might not, prefer consoles. Do I care? No.

I just thought Anubis might be missing out on the BF3 experience if He (not you) has ONLY played the console (watered/scaled down) version. It's his choice and he's welcome to it. But someone saying all 'dodge' cars suck, and never having tried a 'viper' is quite general and very quick to come to conclusion about something they don't know about.

Now...

so, what part of that did you not understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Norma View Post
    Again...

I separated the reason he (Anubis) might not like Battlefield 3 as being pc vs console experience issue. then I hit 'enter' to separate the comments.

Then I went on to state that since cod4 , the Call of Duty series has been basically the same game on every release, on console and PC. Not just my opinion, it's quite obvious this is the case. Console players AND PC players BOTH should feel slightly let down by the annual quota of reskinned/rehashed call of duty titles.

Later, you went on to state that you owned both versions, and I replied to that, and the 'watered down' vs 'scaled down' thing came up. I thought it was perfectly clear that i was talking about Battlefield 3 was I not? Never once mentioning Mw3 in the 'scaled down' reply.

I prefer first person shooters on PC, as i feel many concessions have been made to please an adolescent demographic (If you argue that it's not, then our discussion is over, I have no desire to go back and forth with someone that does not understand marketing and catering to a certain buyer group). Removal of features that WERE standard in pc exclusive first person shooters (before it became popular to release games on ALL/most platforms), to make it easier for a teen to play with his friends, and for his console to be able to handle, player counts, high resolution graphics.

You , as an Adult, might/might not, prefer consoles. Do I care? No.

I just thought Anubis might be missing out on the BF3 experience if He (not you) has ONLY played the console (watered/scaled down) version. It's his choice and he's welcome to it. But someone saying all 'dodge' cars suck, and never having tried a 'viper' is quite general and very quick to come to conclusion about something they don't know about.

Now...

so, what part of that did you not understand?
    Thank you for clarifying

"Give them nothing, but take from them, everything".. Spartan King Leonidas

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip

Professional Poster
    NY for now(upstate area) but trying to move to LA!

mw3 suck ass. Battlefield 3 shits on mw3

I Can Suck You Dry!!!

:jerkoff:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirCumsAlot View Post
    mw3 suck ass. Battlefield 3 shits on mw3
    Would it be good to get both? I have PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by urBIGGESTfan View Post
    this is a bit random for these forums but is anyone a fan?
    I bought it not liking the game playonline black ops was better imho. but imma give it some time toget used to it.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

I find it very frustrating. Hit detection sucks. It's taking way to much to bring someone down. The Sniper rifles are over powered for the game. The maps are nice sized, but way to cluttered and you get flanked way to easy because of all of the ways around the map. I think I have been shot from behind more in the three days I've played this game than all of the COD games combined. It needs some work.

Too busy playing Skyrim to play soldiers. kthx.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyHarkness View Post
    yeah i am on it on xbox360 still not sure of it ,, seems less personal than blackops and bit more clinical
    Working on getting it at some point. From what I gather it feels like mw2 however the big draw is the Elite service.

Senior Member Junior Poster RainMan's Avatar

I loved black ops, love battlefield 3 and the online is amazing but MW3 feels dissapointed it felt VERY short and the online feels like a step down from black ops and yeah i know their made by two diffrent teams, overal BF3s online blows both black ops and MW3s online out of the water nothing more fun than crashing a jet into a tank (in game of course) im waiting for assassins creed revelations

Last edited by RainMan; 11-11-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Senior Member Junior Poster RainMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Would it be good to get both? I have PS3.
    Mw3 a rent for campaign (cause the online doesn't feel as smooth or fun as black ops) and I know I'm not the only one who thought it was short
    BF3 is a buy campaign is good somewhat short but online is good for days of fun tanks, jets helicopters, and the different modes. Bf3 is overall better than mw3 (and I'm a huge fan of the call of duty series) if you play the online in bf3 it will be hard at first but that's cause the kills are more realistic but you'll get used to it