Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    5 Star Poster

Default Re: "I can't stand him… he’s a liar!"

Yeah and but to have Obama making threats and putting a base in Darwin is upsetting our biggest trading partner and those 2 idiots accepted it

live with honour

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Can't call Kissinger an anti-semite unless he's self-loathing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1e5ln2yGX

Nixon adviser Henry Kissinger branded Jewish as self-serving 'bastards', new documents reveal

American Jewish groups, lobbying the Nixon administration on behalf of their Soviet brethren, got under White House adviser Henry Kissinger's skin so much that he denounced them as self-serving 'bastards', newly released documents reveal.

The comments were made in August 1972, when appeals were flooding the White House over the Kremlin's levying of fees for exit permits.

One such letter was from the Israeli prime minister, Golda Meir, appealing to the White House to end its strategy of 'quiet diplomacy', and for Mr Nixon to take up the issue with Soviet leaders directly.

A White House official, Leonard Garment, himself flooded with letters and phone calls with Jewish appeals, asked Mr Kissinger for help and guidance.

According to transcripts released by the State Department, Mr Kissinger - deputy national security adviser at the time - said to Mr Garment: 'Is there a more self-serving group of people than the Jewish community?'

Mr Garment replied: 'None in the world.'

The exchange was all the more remarkable because both Mr Kissinger and Mr Garment were Jewish.

But Mr Kissinger continued, saying: 'What the hell do they think they are accomplishing? You can't even tell bastards anything in confidence because they'll leak it.'

Despite his outburst, Mr Kissinger said he would take up the issue with Soviet Ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin and also meet again with Jewish leaders.

But he finished with: 'They ought to remember what this administration has done.'

The remarks were contained in documents dealing with U.S.-Soviet relations released by the State Department.

Mr Kissinger, 88, was not available for comment over the released transcript.

Nobel Peace Prize winner Mr Kissinger played a dominant role in U.S. foreign policy between 1969 and 1977.

During this period, he pioneered the policy of detente with the Soviet Union, orchestrated the opening of relations with the People's Republic of China, and negotiated the Paris Peace Accords, ending American involvement in the Vietnam War.

Even after his term with presidents Nixon and Gerald Ford, he has been approached for advice by successive presidents - including Ronald Reagan and George W Bush.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

There is an old story that when Kissinger, under pressure from Golda Meir to prioritise Israel's interests because of his Jewish background, wrote to her and said Madam, first of all I am an American, secondly I am Secretary of State, and thirdly I am a Jew she replied, That's ok, sonny, over here we read from right to left.

Both Kissinger and Nixon were notorious for their bad language, and it didn't matter who it was if they got in the way. According to Bob Woodward, Nixon went to Africa once, for less than a day, and casually referred to Africans as jiggies, but I guess if contempt for non-white people is your issue, you could not get worse than Theodore Roosevelt, a truly vile individual. The UK equivalent was a Prime Minister called Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    Yeah and but to have Obama making threats and putting a base in Darwin is upsetting our biggest trading partner and those 2 idiots accepted it
    Threats? Even the Daily Mail said:

Obama avoided a confrontational tone with China in his speech to the Australian parliament, praising Beijing as a partner in reducing tensions on the Korean Peninsula and preventing proliferation.

5 Star Poster

threats if you read between the lines and that is how China perceived it

live with honour

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7AI0UF20111119

Israel: time running out to stop a nuclear Iran

WASHINGTON | Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:46pm EST

(Reuters) - Iran is less than a year away from being unstoppable in its goal of producing a nuclear weapon, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said in an interview with CNN released on Saturday.
    In an advance transcript of an interview to air on CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS" program on Sunday, Barak said Israel was focused on the prospect of a nuclear Iran and what "should and could be done about it on time."
    "It's true that it won't take three years, probably three quarters before no one can do anything practically about it because the Iranians are gradually, deliberately entering into what I call a zone of immunity, by widening the redundancy of their plan, making it spread over many more sites with many more hidden elements," he said.
    Barak, a former Israeli prime minister, said a report earlier this month by the U.N. nuclear watchdog that Tehran appeared to have worked on designing an atomic bomb and may still be conducting secret research had had a sobering effect on world leaders and was driving urgent, intensive diplomacy.
    The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report confirmed long-standing concerns that Iran aims to build a nuclear weapon, which Israel sees as a threat to its existence. Tehran has said its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.
    The United States and Israel have not ruled out possible air strikes on Iran's nuclear sites.
    "I don't think that that is a subject for public discussion," Barak said when asked whether Israel was prepared to attack Iran to stop its nuclear ambitions.
    He said a nuclear Iran would have deep repercussions for the Middle East, prompting countries like Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Egypt to "turn nuclear" and starting a countdown to putting nuclear materials in the hands of terrorists.
    Barak declined to comment on widespread speculation an explosion at an Iranian military base last week that killed 17 troops including an officer regarded as the architect of Iran's missile defense systems was the work of Mossad, Israel's intelligence agency.
    "No. I don't know anything that I can contribute to this conversation," he said.
    Iran has said the explosion took place during research on weapons that could strike Israel but has denied speculation of possible sabotage by Israel or the United States.
    (Writing by Sandra Maler; Editing by Paul Simao)

There is no doubt that the Israeli's, for good reason, are raising the pressure on Iran and its nuclear ambitions, but Barak's concern that a proliferation of nuclear development could start a 'countdown to putting nuclear materials in the hands of terrorists' is old hat. Anthony Cordesmann, the erudite American military analyst was warning of terrorists using a 'dirty bomb' in the 1980s; there was concern after the break-up of the USSR that corruption and incompetence could allow fissile materials and other hardware capable of producing a dity bomb to be bought by 'terrorists' at the same time as Abdul Qader the nuclear scientist of Pakistan was selling his knowledge to anyone who wanted it. And yet so far the closest anyone has come to this kind of warfare was the Sarin attack on the Tokyo underground railway system, which was deemed, in military terms, to be an inefficient operation, notwithstanding the damage that it did cause. In addition to which Israel itself has used phosphorous bombs in Lebanon and the Gaza District and Saddam Hussein used nerve gases on the Kurds of northern Iraq and Iranian troops during the 1980s war. I am not saying it cannot happen, but the costs and logistics seem to be beyond the capacity of most terrorist groups. But not of governments.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpffthrp... Huh?
    Oh, we're still in "everybody worry about Iran some more" mode?
    Wake me up if anybody manages to find a clue.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~