Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: Moving to New York...NEED SOME ADVICE!!!

Fred's correct. Almost everyone I know that has moved into the city recently has landed in Queens. Still some nice neighborhoods and reasonable rents compared to Manhattan. ( I didn't say reasonable, but reasonable compared to manhattan!) And Queens has always had lots of good looking ladies... Don't know what you're into for entertainment, but there's some real good bars in Queens, and you're only a train ride for mid town.

Rookie Poster

Queens is definitely the place to go for the most reasonable rates and a decent distance from Manhattan. I am in Jackson Heights and while people think it's dangerous, I have never had a problem. You just got to use common sense as is the case with anywhere you go.

I have been to Sunnyside section of Queens and I thought that was pretty nice.

Professional Poster
    NY for now(upstate area) but trying to move to LA!

buy a heavy ass coat

I Can Suck You Dry!!!

:jerkoff:

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Alright so I've pretty much lived in Chicago my whole life (something I don't @ all regret) and after all these years and consideration have decided to move to New York after many visits. My friend suggested New Jersey since it's more affordable but I feel if I'm gonna move outta state I wanna stay in New York, so my question is what areas would be affordable based on $800-1,500 price range, good living conditions and a somewhat active neighborhood (meaning stores, good nightlife, etc.) Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
    $1,500 a month will get you a small studio if you want to live on Manhattan's Upper West Side. That's how much my parents charged when they owned a studio in that area.

Junior Poster

Stay far away from Staten Island it requires either a car, ferry or bus to escape the island as its not connected via subway. Verazanno bridge will cost you I believe $15 now although if u live there they do give u some kind of discount.
    Queens or somewhere in NJ is your best bang for your buck. Some good places in NJ where u can take a Path train which runs 24/7 are Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Fred's correct. Almost everyone I know that has moved into the city recently has landed in Queens. Still some nice neighborhoods and reasonable rents compared to Manhattan. ( I didn't say reasonable, but reasonable compared to manhattan!) And Queens has always had lots of good looking ladies... Don't know what you're into for entertainment, but there's some real good bars in Queens, and you're only a train ride for mid town.
    WHich bars in Queens? I live in Queens and it is difficult to tell which bars are worth the trip and whic ones are just hang outs for some of nasiest women I ever met, lol

Bushwick, transitional areas perhaps but good people mostly.

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels... but don't think for one second that I am one of them. (Sherlock Holmes)

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Take a marker and write "99%" on a tshirt. They have free housing in Zuccotti Park