Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Moving to New York...NEED SOME ADVICE!!!

Alright so I've pretty much lived in Chicago my whole life (something I don't @ all regret) and after all these years and consideration have decided to move to New York after many visits. My friend suggested New Jersey since it's more affordable but I feel if I'm gonna move outta state I wanna stay in New York, so my question is what areas would be affordable based on $800-1,500 price range, good living conditions and a somewhat active neighborhood (meaning stores, good nightlife, etc.) Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

They didn't give us 40 acres and a mule, so we took 50 states and the White House

Junior Poster

Default Re: Moving to New York...NEED SOME ADVICE!!!

Forgot to mention, I'm not ruling out Jersey, if anyone has suggestions about Jersey also I'm open for insight

They didn't give us 40 acres and a mule, so we took 50 states and the White House

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Forgot to mention, I'm not ruling out Jersey, if anyone has suggestions about Jersey also I'm open for insight
    Hoboken

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Alright so I've pretty much lived in Chicago my whole life (something I don't @ all regret) and after all these years and consideration have decided to move to New York after many visits. My friend suggested New Jersey since it's more affordable but I feel if I'm gonna move outta state I wanna stay in New York, so my question is what areas would be affordable based on $800-1,500 price range, good living conditions and a somewhat active neighborhood (meaning stores, good nightlife, etc.) Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
    There is nothing in NY under those price ranges. Not in nice neighborhoods anyway. Tripple those figures and you are much closer. Don't move to NYC. It's a dirty fucking jungle-hell. Chi-town is kids play compared to NYC.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

Putting the "F-U" in fun! Professional Poster Bobby Domino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    There is nothing in NY under those price ranges. Not in nice neighborhoods anyway. Tripple those figures and you are much closer. Don't move to NYC. It's a dirty fucking jungle-hell. Chi-town is kids play compared to NYC.

You'd probably have to settle for Queens....but you could still live in a decent neighborhood.

Forget Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    Almost all of Chicago's crime stats are higher.

Junior Poster

Hmmmm....ok, mixed responses which is cool. So by judging from the replies, possibly queens but if I do decide on brooklyn i'll be paying shit loads for rent...i'll look into jersey, what about staten island?

Rookie Poster

Look into Harlem for alot of Brooklyn is just as expensive as most of Manhattan but alot of people are just starting to move to upper Manhattan so some good deals are around

Junior Poster

Let me give you some good advice party in NYC live in the Burbs You can find a place to live in Yonkers and you can take the subway to the city 30min ride.