Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: One of the saddest headlines I've read

Sure it's profoundly sad...but I'm curious as to why this particular story got to you ? Every day, all day shit like this happens. I heard today in NYC 2 dudes clubbed an old man to death for 15 bucks. GH is correct....don't read the newspapers...it will consume you with despair.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bighicknyc View Post
    So we should have this three year old go to Africa and show them how to open a fridge
    No,I was pointing out how tens of thousands of people die horrible deaths everyday. Whats one life compared to thousands.

Nice joke about the misery of others.It takes a real tough guy to do that,lol.

Respond at your own risk...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Putting the "F-U" in fun! Professional Poster Bobby Domino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Sure it's profoundly sad...but I'm curious as to why this particular story got to you ? Every day, all day shit like this happens. I heard today in NYC 2 dudes clubbed an old man to death for 15 bucks. GH is correct....don't read the newspapers...it will consume you with despair.

I agree with you & Dr. Screw that stuff like this happens all the time and I scoff at 99% of what I read. I guess you could chalk it up to a combination of timing, vulnerability, and the particular circumstances of the story.

I replayed the scenario in my head: little girl tries to wake up mommie but confused why she can't; after 5-10 hours of crying & soiling her frock, disoriented, she has the resolve to remember that sustenance is kept in the fridge and commands the physical strength to open it. Poor girl was probably trying feed her dead mother left-over lasagna.

It's not your typical "junkie mom ODs while children torture pet hamster" story. Anyone can respond the way they want to the post; I know how this place works. Nonetheless, I was simply expressing my immediate & raw emotions to the forum and took the occasion to acknowledge the contributions of its members, which includes you, onmyknees. It's something I haven't done and thought it was about time. It's all good in the neighborhood!!!

I DID make a joke about it a few posts later (now, if you'll please return my "man card" )

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Domino View Post
    I think someone spiked my coffee with estrogen this morning, lol
    (shit, that was probably really inappropriate )

Last edited by Bobby Domino; 11-05-2011 at 12:37 AM.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Domino View Post
    I agree with you & Dr. Screw that stuff like this happens all the time and I scoff at 99% of what I read. I guess you could chalk it up to a combination of timing, vulnerability, and the particular circumstances of the story.

I replayed the scenario in my head: little girl tries to wake up mommie but confused why she can't; after 5-10 hours of crying & soiling her frock, disoriented, she has the resolve to remember that sustenance is kept in the fridge and commands the physical strength to open it. Poor girl was probably trying feed her dead mother left-over lasagna.

It's not your typical "junkie mom ODs while children her bake cookies" story. Anyone can respond the way they want to the post; I know how this place works. Nonetheless, I was simply expressing my immediate & raw emotions to the forum and took the occasion to acknowledge the contributions of its members, which includes you, onmyknees. It's something I haven't done and thought it was about time. It's all good in the neighborhood!!!

I DID make a joke about it a few posts later (now, if you'll please return my "man card" )
    Dude...I'm in no way questioning your compassion. It's probably a healthy thing. When you lose that...you lose your humanity. Different things hit us in the gut.
    Your post was cool with me.

Putting the "F-U" in fun! Professional Poster Bobby Domino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Dude...I'm in no way questioning your compassion. It's probably a healthy thing. When you lose that...you lose your humanity. Different things hit us in the gut.
    Your post was cool with me.
    I'd close down a bar with most of the members here; I appreciate your posts and enjoy your comments