Platinum Poster

Default Abused Teen On Trial for Killing Family...Acquittal?

I remember hearing about these murders, due to the the media coverage about them happening on famous newsanchor Sam Donaldson's ranch...

While defragging PC and doing other boring stuff about the house today, I saw part of the live coverage of the trial on COURT TV.

This sexually and physically abused teen (14 at the time) killed his father, stepmother, and stepsister...

Riveting testimony about his horrible family life...even the biological father of the stepsister he killed, said he can't blame him for what he did...

And talk about being dealt a shitty hand, when he was finally getting away from his abusive father, driving to a new life with his biological mother and her fiance, she was killed in a car accident when they were enroute...

Even the court tv anchors seem to favor acquittal...

A really disturbing, yet fascinating case...here is the court tv coverage-

http://www.courttv.com/trials/posey/

I can only barely imagine what goes on in stuff like this.

Some years back I dated a woman who went on to kill her mother and was likened to the Meneendez brothers in their hatred for their parents.

Scary shit.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Professional Poster

If they throw the book at him for this, I will loose ALL of what little respect for the joke of a justice system we have already.

Cause since cops are never around to help you, apart from showing up to nail you for not wearing a seatbelt, this kid had to do something before things got worse.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Platinum Poster

Yup... this was also a very isolated kid. There was a quote from a local today who said that this community of app 20,000 was spread out over an area roughly twice the size of the state of Delaware, mostly ranches and farms. There was testimony that his stepsister was paid to spy and snitch on him, to ensure that he didn't socialize at school and spill the beans re the sick shit at home. I haven't watched court tv in a long time, but I'm gonna keep an eye on this when I get the chance.

Anyone who was raised in an abusive household can testify to the utter desperation it creates. He did the right thing, and his family received exactly what they deserved. In fact, they got off light.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Veteran Poster

How can you doubt what "Slim" Britain testified to in the kids defense? What a believable witness. This kid is either the saddest, loneliest, most pitiful defendant, or a psychopathic young genius. I hope he gets off with probation. In 10 years, I hope he's not the biggest mass murderer in New Mexico history.

Platinum Poster

The jury has spoken... I'm surprised at the verdict...the legal "experts" and a great deal of the public (including myself) expected a different outcome...

Teen Cody Posey convicted of murder, manslaughter for killing his family

ALAMOGORDO, N.M. — A New Mexico jury found a 16-year-old boy guilty of two murder counts and one count of voluntary manslaughter Tuesday for the shooting deaths of his parents and stepsister on a ranch owned by newsman Sam Donaldson.

Cody Posey was convicted of first-degree murder for the death of stepsister Marilea, who was 13 when Cody shot her twice in the head in July 2004, after deciding his world would "be better off" without his family.

He was convicted of second-degree murder for killing his stepmother, Tryone.

The jury found him guilty of a lesser count, voluntary manslaughter, for killing his father, Paul Posey, who Cody claimed abused him physically and emotionally from the time he was a baby up until minutes before the shootings.

the rest of story here-

http://www.courttv.com/trials/posey/...rdict_ctv.html

Platinum Poster

Cody Posey's attorney is complaining about the change of venue. It's interesting that in this case, it was the prosecution who requested, and received, a change of venue...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe