5 Star Poster

Default Re: Lemmy Was Right About Venom

Cosmic psycho's and the legendary Rose Tattoo

live with honour

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    Cosmic psycho's and the legendary Rose Tattoo
    Mine's AC/DC especially the Bon Scott era. Did you listen to Destroyer 666, the other band I told you about from your country?

Banned - Long overdue. Junior Poster

Mortal Sin was a respectable 80's thrash band from down unda

5 Star Poster

no sorry mate my computer is fucked for down loading

live with honour

5 Star Poster

but please listen to Cosmic Psychos i used to go to their gigs they used to gig with L7

live with honour

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    but please listen to Cosmic Psychos i used to go to their gigs they used to gig with L7
    Good stuff. Thanks buddy.

5 Star Poster

thanks for that dino that brings back the good times.they used to drink at the Esplanard Hotel in St Kilda public bar .great guys, i used to stage dive and every one down below would get frightened lol

live with honour

5 Star Poster

Real Aussie lads

live with honour

5 Star Poster

Cosmic Psycho's= Neighbours is a great song

live with honour

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I totally respect and appreciate your opinion but what about the songs? Motorhead has endless good stuff to play and listen to.

To be perfectly honest, I am more familiar with the Welcome To Hell/Black Metal Venom. I will give the newer material a listen. Can you recommend me some newer Venom to listen to? Don't hold back as I want a good look so I can judge fairly.
    Yes Dino , try and give a listen to their 1996 release "Cast In Stone" notable tracks: "the evil one" and "swarm", and to their 2000 release "Resurrection" specifically the title track and the whole cd is good imo .
    From the 80's listen to the At War With Satan 25 minute track, listen to the studio or 12" version of "7 Gates of Hell" , "Manitou" . Don't listen to anything of them live or watch videos of them live. because admittedly, that's where the musicianship suffers or is recorded with a crappy cell phone camera. .

They released 2 more cd's called Metal Black and "Hell" during the mid to late 2000's. Cronos admitted that they PURPOSEFULLY made the production sound to give them the feel of their underproduced early release i.e. Welcome to Hell and Black Metal. If you compare Resurrection to "Metal Black" you'll notice the drop in production quality, purposefully done so. Crono's reasoning was that alot of old fans were "upset" with the crystal clear production of cast in stone and resurrection. If you own all the cds or dl them, you DEFINITELY notice the difference.

Alot of Welcome to Hell and Black Metal songs were re-recorded for the Cast In Stone 2nd cd, and I must tell you , with modern clean production, you can tell Venom could actually write good songs and were good musicians. Those re-recorded songs sound really really good. They suffered from bad production/beer-cocaine-weed in the stuido/and being relatively young, they were 18 when they recorded welcome to hell, give or take a year or 2.

Hope this helps