Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: NYC silicone Pumping

Quote Originally Posted by NYTSJulie View Post
    Medical grade silicone is not just based on the grade of silicone being used. If the grade is pure but the container is open to the air then it is not medical grade anymore. Real medical grade silicone comes in a closed container similar to a bottle of hormones and is air tight. Also if you price a bottle of “real” silicone, it’s very very very expensive.

No one is getting pumped with medical grade silicone by a pumper, you might get a very high grade of silicone but it’s not medical grade. Silicone is silicone, if its caulk at home depot or in a doctor’s office….what makes certain silicone medical grade is that it’s pure and all impurities were removed. Like I said above, if you go to a pumper and there is a jug in the open AIR, just by the air hitting the substance makes it no longer medical grade.

Some pumpers purify the silicone themselves, it can be done. Research Dr. Norman Orentreich, he is dead now but was a pioneer of injectable silicone. He was a dermatologist and back in the 60’s he used to buy and purify the silicone himself. His office is run by his son in NYC and they still do silicone injections.

I have silicone in my hips and butt and love the ‘results’. I stress the word ‘results’ because the ‘results’ are a gamble, it all depends on how your body will react to the foreign substance, complications can happen and your body can reject the substance,. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t of gotten pumped, only because the risk is too high. If you hit a vein and inject silicone into the blood stream you’re done dead bye-bye lol, when I think of that I can’t believe I took that chance, today I find my life far too valuable to chance it. I was LUCKY and love my body, but with the possibility of complications or death it’s not worth taking the chance and I would not recommend anyone getting pumped.
    That was a well thought out response...thanks!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Exclamation Re: NYC silicone Pumping

Under Pressure, Doctor Stops Silicone Injections

By PHILIP J. HILTS
    Published: February 06, 1992
    Dr. Norman Orentreich, the New York doctor who was a prominent advocate of using injected silicone to smooth wrinkles, halted the practice on Monday because of pressure from a Federal investigation, his lawyer said today.
    The investigators are looking into doctors who have continued to inject silicone despite reports over the years of occasional catastrophic results like permanent sores and lumps. In rare cases, large amounts were injected and death resulted when the silicone migrated to the lungs.
    Dr. David A. Kessler, Commissioner of Food and Drugs, has barred the interstate shipment of silicone for injection; Dr. Orentreich says he obtains silicone in New York and purifies it himself.

Peter Safir, a lawyer for Dr. Orentreich, said the doctor stopped injecting silicone on Monday. On Sunday, The New York Times reported details of the investigation in an article about the potential hazards of silicone injection.
    Mr. Safir said that Dr. Orentreich maintains "absolutely that these injections are safe."
    Dr. Orentreich leads the Orentreich Medical Group, a practice on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan that includes several physicians and carries out a variety of cosmetic surgery procedures. The practice became well known over the years because of the celebrities who came to Dr. Orentreich for silicone injections. He was an outspoken advocate of the injections, which had been outlawed in California and Nevada.
    The Food and Drug Administration is also investigating other doctors who have used silicone injections and has sent warning letters to Dr. Richard Aronsohn in Los Angeles, Dr. Ricardo Samitier-Cardet in Miami and Dr. James E. Fulton Jr. in Orange County, Calif..
    Representative Ted Weiss, a Manhattan Democrat who has investigated both injections and gel implants for more than a year, said today: "I applaud Dr. Kessler's decision to finally halt the illegal use of silicone, but it is sad that previous commissioners allowed this dangerous practice to continue for more than 25 years. It was not until Congress and the media focused attention on the risks of silicone that the F.D.A. finally acted to halt the practice of some of the most outspoken advocates of silicone injections."
    The F.D.A. and Dr. Orentreich's lawyers are negotiating over a consent agreement under which Dr. Orentreich would halt his use of silicone injections to avoid an immediate injunction and a seizure of the liquid silicone at his offices.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/06/us...njections.html

Quote Originally Posted by NYTSJulie View Post
    Medical grade silicone is not just based on the grade of silicone being used. If the grade is pure but the container is open to the air then it is not medical grade anymore. Real medical grade silicone comes in a closed container similar to a bottle of hormones and is air tight. Also if you price a bottle of “real” silicone, it’s very very very expensive.

No one is getting pumped with medical grade silicone by a pumper, you might get a very high grade of silicone but it’s not medical grade. Silicone is silicone, if its caulk at home depot or in a doctor’s office….what makes certain silicone medical grade is that it’s pure and all impurities were removed. Like I said above, if you go to a pumper and there is a jug in the open AIR, just by the air hitting the substance makes it no longer medical grade.

Some pumpers purify the silicone themselves, it can be done. Research Dr. Norman Orentreich, he is dead now but was a pioneer of injectable silicone. He was a dermatologist and back in the 60’s he used to buy and purify the silicone himself. His office is run by his son in NYC and they still do silicone injections.

I have silicone in my hips and butt and love the ‘results’. I stress the word ‘results’ because the ‘results’ are a gamble, it all depends on how your body will react to the foreign substance, complications can happen and your body can reject the substance,. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t of gotten pumped, only because the risk is too high. If you hit a vein and inject silicone into the blood stream you’re done dead bye-bye lol, when I think of that I can’t believe I took that chance, today I find my life far too valuable to chance it. I was LUCKY and love my body, but with the possibility of complications or death it’s not worth taking the chance and I would not recommend anyone getting pumped.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    Under Pressure, Doctor Stops Silicone Injections

By PHILIP J. HILTS
    Published: February 06, 1992
    Dr. Norman Orentreich, the New York doctor who was a prominent advocate of using injected silicone to smooth wrinkles, halted the practice on Monday because of pressure from a Federal investigation, his lawyer said today.
    The investigators are looking into doctors who have continued to inject silicone despite reports over the years of occasional catastrophic results like permanent sores and lumps. In rare cases, large amounts were injected and death resulted when the silicone migrated to the lungs.
    Dr. David A. Kessler, Commissioner of Food and Drugs, has barred the interstate shipment of silicone for injection; Dr. Orentreich says he obtains silicone in New York and purifies it himself.

Peter Safir, a lawyer for Dr. Orentreich, said the doctor stopped injecting silicone on Monday. On Sunday, The New York Times reported details of the investigation in an article about the potential hazards of silicone injection.
    Mr. Safir said that Dr. Orentreich maintains "absolutely that these injections are safe."
    Dr. Orentreich leads the Orentreich Medical Group, a practice on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan that includes several physicians and carries out a variety of cosmetic surgery procedures. The practice became well known over the years because of the celebrities who came to Dr. Orentreich for silicone injections. He was an outspoken advocate of the injections, which had been outlawed in California and Nevada.
    The Food and Drug Administration is also investigating other doctors who have used silicone injections and has sent warning letters to Dr. Richard Aronsohn in Los Angeles, Dr. Ricardo Samitier-Cardet in Miami and Dr. James E. Fulton Jr. in Orange County, Calif..
    Representative Ted Weiss, a Manhattan Democrat who has investigated both injections and gel implants for more than a year, said today: "I applaud Dr. Kessler's decision to finally halt the illegal use of silicone, but it is sad that previous commissioners allowed this dangerous practice to continue for more than 25 years. It was not until Congress and the media focused attention on the risks of silicone that the F.D.A. finally acted to halt the practice of some of the most outspoken advocates of silicone injections."
    The F.D.A. and Dr. Orentreich's lawyers are negotiating over a consent agreement under which Dr. Orentreich would halt his use of silicone injections to avoid an immediate injunction and a seizure of the liquid silicone at his offices.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/06/us...njections.html
    He may have stopped doing injections during that period, but they still do them to date. If anyone were ever thinking pumping their face I would say dont do it, but if they are 100 percent set on the idea then I would say go to a cosmetic doctor and have them done, dont pump your face from a pumper. I remember seeing a queen years ago when I first started my transition, her once high cheek bones had fallen and were sitting on her mid-face, they were lumpy and stained badly. GIRLS DONT PUMP YOUR FACE.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

I've posted this before, but I guess it was on old board and all those messages got wiped out, so I will post it again.

I actually work for a company that makes silicones. No, it is not the company most famous for silicone implants. Anyway silicone pumping is dangerous. The term "medical grade silicone" is not meant to imply that these products can or should be injected subcutaneously. Medical grade or USP grade silicones are products that can be used in over the counter oral medications as anti gas agents. The should not be injected.

While these products are sterile, silicones are not safe because they are inert and migratory. The volumes that are used in pumping for hips especially are unbeleivable and were never envisioned even by the folks that experimented with them in the 90's for AIDs wasting and wrinkle reduction. Do not use them!

Thumbs up Re: NYC silicone Pumping

WELL SAID

BRAVO!

I've posted this before, but I guess it was on old board and all those messages got wiped out, so I will post it again.

I actually work for a company that makes silicones. No, it is not the company most famous for silicone implants. Anyway silicone pumping is dangerous. The term "medical grade silicone" is not meant to imply that these products can or should be injected subcutaneously. Medical grade or USP grade silicones are products that can be used in over the counter oral medications as anti gas agents. The should not be injected.

While these products are sterile, silicones are not safe because they are inert and migratory. The volumes that are used in pumping for hips especially are unbeleivable and were never envisioned even by the folks that experimented with them in the 90's for AIDs wasting and wrinkle reduction. Do not use them!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie222 View Post

Last edited by natina; 11-12-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Junior Poster

VERY, very, very, very, VERY BAD IDEA..

That's a medical opinion from a resident in plastic and cosmetic surgery. Don't do it.

Vidi, Veni ... Atque

Smile Re: NYC silicone Pumping

Quote Originally Posted by trannyfan80 View Post
    VERY, very, very, very, VERY BAD IDEA..

That's a medical opinion from a resident in plastic and cosmetic surgery. Don't do it.

Exclamation Re: NYC silicone Pumping

http://www.body1.com/News/index.cfm/2/9965/61

Death Shows Danger of Silicone Injections

April 01, 2004

ALBANY, Ga. (AP) - The death of a transgendered person who received injections of industrial-grade silicone illustrates the dangers of "pumping," a thriving underground practice in motel rooms or apartments among men living as women.
    Authorities say 23-year-old Andre D. Jeter suffered convulsions and fell unconscious Dec. 10 after receiving injections in her hips and buttocks during a "pumping party" here. She died a month later.
    Stephen Oneal Thomas, 31, was charged last week with murder and other offenses for allegedly administering the injections. Thomas' lawyer refused on Tuesday to comment.
    One of Thomas' roommates, Nikkia Scott, and other drag queens have been getting illegal, back-room injections of silicone to give themselves some of the things nature denied them when they were born male - breasts, wider hips, more prominent cheekbones.
    They know the risks are extreme, and still they do it.
    "Anything you put in your body that don't belong there will hurt you in the long run," Scott said of her $6,000 worth of injections. "But believe me, it has been worth it. It has been worth it."
    Scott and three others were also arrested in the case and charged with conspiracy and practicing medicine without a license. They were accused, among other things, of helping Thomas by recruiting patients at drag-queen beauty pageants.
    The victim was a man living as a woman, as are all four defendants.
    While medical-grade silicone is implanted under the skin in sealed sacs to keep it from leaking, pumping involves injecting silicone straight into the body.
    And the silicone used is the stuff sold in hardware stores as a sealant. It is not sterile and can cause infections, particularly in the lungs.
    The silicone is often mixed with paraffin, oil, even peanut butter, said Dallas Denny of the transgender support group Gender Education & Advocacy. In Jeter's case, it was probably mixed with baby oil, based on how it smelled to others who received the injections, said James Paulk, an investigator for the district attorney.
    There was so much silicone in Jeter's body that when incisions were made during the autopsy, a clear, brownish liquid flowed out, Paulk said.
    The scope of the phenomenon is unclear. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration and transgender groups said they do not keep track of the problem. But Paulk said a "slew" of people have been injured, including three or four in Montgomery, Ala., six or seven in Columbus, Ga., and a few in Jacksonville, Fla.
    "The transgender society is a very tight-knit society. They don't like to give each other up because if you do, you get barred from the pageants," Paulk said. "If they're not hurting and they're not experiencing medical problems, they aren't calling me."
    A day after his arrest, a stubble-faced Scott, wearing large hoop earrings, was back to gluing weaves to heads at a beauty parlor in Albany, a town 150 miles south of Atlanta. His roommate Jazz, also arrested in the case, was at home, wearing pajamas and pink flowered flip-flops.
    Jazz and Scott compete in drag shows during "black society" nights at a bar called Queens in Albany. They dress in gowns and rhinestones and perform songs for tips.
    They both strongly denied any involvement in giving silicone injections and said they did not know their roommate Thomas was "pumping."
    Scott, identified as Freddie Clyde in court documents, said her silicone injections have not caused any serious health problems. But Jazz, whose legal name is Mark Edwards, said she has had three procedures - face, bust and lower body - that cost her about $3,300, and has suffered severe side effects.
    Last year, she said, she started coughing heavily and discovered that the silicone had gotten into her lungs, giving her chemical pneumonia. She spent two months in the hospital and several more months on bed rest, and her weight dropped from 270 to 150.
    She also lifted up her T-shirt to show the scar under one of her breasts where doctors went in to remove a hardened clump of silicone.
    As for Jeter, Jazz said, she had taken the injections too far. Jeter had complained that her head itched and that her hair had stopped growing, according to Jazz. "Jeter was making herself look like a monster," Jazz said.
    Despite her own health problems, Jazz said she has nothing against the woman who gave her the injections.
    "I don't want to prosecute her, I want to thank her," she said. "I'm the one who wanted the work. She did nothing wrong but what I wanted."
    ---=
    Associated Press correspondent Elliott Minor in Albany, Ga., contributed to this report.
    ---=
    On the Net:
    Gender Education & Advocacy: http://www.gender.org
    La Gender: www.geocities.com/lagenderinc

http://www.body1.com/News/index.cfm/2/9965/61