Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Default Re: is Bailey Jay Jewish?

Quote Originally Posted by african1 View Post
    nobody asked for ur gay opinion.
    drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    An 'ethnic background' to what, exactly? If you meet someone who is a Muslim, is that their 'ethnic background'? Don't understand the concept, being Jewish, Muslim, Christian or Atheist is not ethnic, which as a word is derived from the Greek for nation -in fact there are two words I would happily abolish -Ethnic (+ ethnicity) and Race.
    Errrrrrr wrong! YOu can't put being Jewish in the same as Muslim or Christian. To be a Muslim means "ONE OF PEACE" Christian is one who follows Christ, and to be Jewish is a blood line, not a religion or faith even though they have lied and screwed it up to make people think that. If you study you will seen they were Israelites and Jew came later which there are no J letters in Hebrew nor Aramaic. So to be a Jew is a bloodline ethnicity. Though I acknowledge the people living in Israel today are not the original jews/Israelites!

Bald Headed Old Fart Professional Poster BigDF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I dated a Jewish girl once who called coupons Jewpons. She called tampons that too.
    I could see that becoming confusing at the grocery store.

I want to make you gasp and sigh!

Live to Love, Love to Live

http://brittanystjordan.com/

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jamesedwards View Post
    Errrrrrr wrong! YOu can't put being Jewish in the same as Muslim or Christian. To be a Muslim means "ONE OF PEACE" Christian is one who follows Christ, and to be Jewish is a blood line, not a religion or faith even though they have lied and screwed it up to make people think that. If you study you will seen they were Israelites and Jew came later which there are no J letters in Hebrew nor Aramaic. So to be a Jew is a bloodline ethnicity. Though I acknowledge the people living in Israel today are not the original jews/Israelites!
    Islam means 'submission to God'. It's a complete fallacy that Muslim = 'one of peace'.

And Judaism is a religion. But you are right about the Jewish bloodline, which is why it can be considered an ethnicity...

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jamesedwards View Post
    We use the letter 'J' in English to replace the 'Y' -thus 'Yahweh' becomes 'Jehova', in written Hebrew and Arabic there are no vowels, so the exact transliteration of Yahweh is actually 'YWH'. The lack of written vowels assumes the context of sentence will explain its meaning, and this is often where translations have had to guess, if the precise context was not obvious -there is a now a substantial amount of literature which challenges the meaning of the Dead Sea Scrolls on just this one issue of interprtation. As for 'bloodline' -what is that? We seem to have gone from 'ethnic background' to 'bloodline' and none of it has anything to to with the person named in the title of this thread, which has lasted longer than I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I dated a Jewish girl once who called coupons Jewpons. She called tampons that too.
    You dated a Jewish girl, Dino?

Wow, did that result in angry nightmare visitations from your cossack forebears?

I played in a band with a Jewish lass some years ago. Her circle was entirely secular, mostly, by definition, Ashkenazi and they disapproved unanimously of Israel's policies towards Palestine. Lovely people, and inclusive, not exclusive.

And Lucy could belt out blues better than anyone else I've ever heard before or since. Oh, and she lost all four grandparents at Auschwitz, gassed as soon as the trains arrived. It was a common experience amongst her friends too. So much for the outright deniers and those who would play with statistics in attempts to diminish the scale of the horror.

Last edited by robertlouis; 10-23-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    You dated a Jewish girl, Dino?

Wow, did that result in angry nightmare visitations from your cossack forebears?
    I was in a rebellious experimental stage.

Junior Poster

She definately has the eye of the Jew

TSNTX's greatest trick is convincing the world she doesn't have a Penis.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by PSL4u View Post
    She definately has the eye of the Jew
    Is that like the eye of the tiger?

Putting the "F-U" in fun! Professional Poster Bobby Domino's Avatar

I don't see it. What's Jewish about her?