Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: A beatdown at a NYC Mcdonald, was this right or wrong?

Of course he over-reacted. But, then again, you "don't poke the bear".

Senior Member Platinum Poster

That's got to be the McDonald's on 6th Ave & 4th. I've probably walked past it thousands of times and never stepped inside of it once. I basically hate fast food.

Professional Poster

They got what they deserved. Swing away Merrill. Swing away!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dskreet2 View Post
    Trish, I disagree. Why should he try to measure the level of assault when he clearly doesn`t have a lot of time to do nothing but defend himself from further attack. After he was slapped, he backed off and realized the two big girls were going to hurt him. The smaller of the big girls jumped the counter.
    I didn't say he needed to measure the level of assault. I said there was more to it than a slap.
    He didn`t know if she had a weapon or not. Then he went to the back to find a weapon. As he returned to the front, the girl who jumped the counter was right in his face, the other rounded the counter. Those two women acted with mob mentality.
    You don't know what he knew, so stop pretending. Yes he can defend himself. But when the two apparent assailants are on the floor whimpering and it's obvious they have no weapons, then you're not in danger and its time to back off or be willing to suffer some time behind bars.
    Those two women acted with mob mentality.
    I don't know what that means. There were two of them. Not a mob. They were out of line and threatening.
    He should sue McDonald`s for not protecting him. Security should have stepped-up and intervened before they got close to him the second time.
    Really? Now it's McDonald's fault?! You want Ronald McDonald to pay this violent crazy animal money for beating up two women?! Ronald's lucky if he doesn't have to pay their hospital bills.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

The way it looks they started, he backed down, they came after him, he hit them with the pipe and did NOT continue to do it just for fun, but only when they tried to get up.

Too much? Yes.
    Understandable? Yes again.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    But when the two apparent assailants are on the floor whimpering and it's obvious they have no weapons, then you're not in danger and its time to back off
    He stopped beating them when they were on the floor. He kept them down when they tried to get up. Big difference to savagely beating them without reason.

Last edited by Teydyn; 10-16-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    Build a man a fire, he's warm for a day.
    Light a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

I'm not saying the women were justified either obviously they deserve to get hit for self defense, but there were other men there, that's why the bigger woman didn't get over the table because the other man was stopping her from doing so. But for the people who say it was also justified on the guys part are violent! sorry but one or two hit with a pipe is enough to have brought her down. But no he literally beat her nearly to death while she gave him a petty slap. It is not an equal society and it never will!! A man is physically stronger than the the majority of women so hitting a woman full force with a metal pipe is not as equal as a woman slapping you there's a huge difference the result is broken arm and several head injuries, to me it seems like the man is just a woman beater this had been dealt in better fashion before....

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

he hit them with the pipe and did NOT continue to do it just for fun, but only when they tried to get up.
    So you were behind the counter then, right? You saw the victim with a broken skull try to get up? I didn't. The women, once down, were not in view of the camera.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Jump a retail counter and threaten a business and its employees.. I say you get what you deserve. I doubt these two will ever do that again.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

You push a woman back or hold her down maybe even a submission hold but as a man You never punch a woman,and certainly you never beat them with a pipe. I'm not saying there aren't some tough ladies out there but I pretty sure you could throw in a third woman and I would be just fine without a weapon. Plus its so slippery behind a McDonalds counter he could have easily pushed the hefty broads down and removed himself from harms way. Of course he has a right to defend himself but he is most definitely a bitch for the way he handled it.

Dunno, if someone jumps the counter and comes after me, they're on my turf and are done! It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope he gets a medal.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell