Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default Colorado: Sex-Change Doctor Dies Dies at 82

Newsday : http://tinyurl.com/cxcyz

TRINIDAD, Colo. -- Dr. Stanley Biber, a small-town physician who said he performed more than 4,500 sex-change operations, has died, a funeral home owner said Tuesday. He was 82.

The cause of Biber's death on Monday was not announced, but he had been hospitalized for complications from pneumonia.

Word of Biber's death came from Mary Winter, a friend and owner of the Cormi Funeral Home in Trinidad, a town of 9,300 near the Colorado-New Mexico border.

Biber, an Iowa native, moved to Trinidad in 1954 and became the town's only general surgeon. He told The Associated Press in a 2000 interview that he performed his first sex-change operation in 1969.

He said a social worker he had met asked for the surgery, and he agreed after talking to a New York doctor who had done some sex reassignment operations and after getting sketches from Johns Hopkins University.

At one point he was performing 150 transsexual operations a year, Biber said.

He stopped doing surgery in 2003 and closed his practice in 2004, at age 81.

Copyright 2006 Newsday Inc.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Professional Poster

Pat Robertson suggested God smote Stanley. Pat, like me, always preferred the pre-ops.

RIP

Junior Poster

DAMN! He was doing sex changes in his late 70's.
    No wonder some of these post-ops look like mutilations.

I heard the funeral was complicated because the gravediggers didn't get enough depth LOL

sorry, gallows humor

FK