Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: If the U.S. goes to hell, what's your weapon of choice??

You're the one who says he's worried about oxygen wasters. I'm not, but I do know the larger cause of oxygen depletion...and it's not breathing.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    he Blacks, would, of course, be slaughtered en masse in the USA but then this is a disgusting thread that I didn't think I would contribute to, as it assumes as a given that chaos is the only consequence of economic decline, accompanied by wholesale violence, a complete rejection of Steven Pinker's thesis that, historically, human societies are less violent than ever before.
    Pinker doesn't say we won't ever again return to wholesale violence and his evidence that foraging societies were/are hyper-violent was sketchy at best.

My weapon of choice would be a trident, of course.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

My suppressed MP5 will do just fine, but I imagine we will wipe each other out pretty quick and be under military rule in short order.

For one I doubt that chaos will ensue but if it did the major problems would be in the cities ( where the gun control is) out in the country; however, there would be minimal violence if any and yes most of us do own firearms, I live in state that is very nice to us gun owners, so if I had to choose just one weapon it would be a AR10 or G3 clone, twenty rounds, semiautomatic, with a 16 inch barrel.
    To Trish for one I will admit that some hunters are less than careful but the majority are more aware of what is going on around them then others and very careful and follow the four rules of firearm safety. Although while you are on your high horse, I will go out on limp and guess you drive a car well the number of people who die from car accidents each year are far more than firearms.
    The problem in the cities would be that if chaos ensued only the criminals would have guns because they do not care about magazine limits or anything else most of their weapons are got from outside the country and are smuggled in, and of course because of wonderful gun control the law abiding citizens will be without a way of defending themselves. Remember if someone has the right to live than someone has the right to self defense if someone has the right to self defense than someone has the right to the most effective means of self defense.

Last edited by loth17; 11-30-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loth17 View Post
    For one I doubt that chaos will ensue but if it did the major problems would be in the cities ( where the gun control is) out in the country; however, there would be minimal violence if any and yes most of us do own firearms, I live in state that is very nice to us gun owners, so if I had to choose just one weapon it would be a AR10 or G3 clone, twenty rounds, semiautomatic, with a 16 inch barrel.
    To Trish for one I will admit that some hunters are less than careful but the majority are more aware of what is going on around them then others and very careful and follow the four rules of firearm safety. Although while you are on your high horse, I will go out on limp and guess you drive a car well the number of people who die from car accidents each year than firearms.
    The problem in the cities would be that if chaos ensued only the criminals would have guns because they do not care about magazine limits or anything else most of their weapons are got from outside the country and are smuggled in, and of course because of wonderful gun control the law abiding citizens will be without a way of defending themselves. Remember if someone has the right to live than someone has the right to self defense if someone has the right to self defense than someone has the right to the most effective means of self defense.
    A new voice.. welcome to the jungle

5 Star Poster

In Australia gun control is very strictly enforced by the government .the only people allowed to carry firearms are criminals and police and the only people allowed to commit a murder with a fire arm is a full time criminal lol

live with honour

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    In Australia gun control is very strictly enforced by the government .the only people allowed to carry firearms are criminals and police and the only people allowed to commit a murder with a fire arm is a full time criminal lol
    Are you trying to say that a cold-blooded murderer doesn't worry about a small gun charge?

Just goes to show that even with the strictest gun control, criminals find a way because they don't care about laws. AT least you have a lot of Lee Enfields that the British left being sold. Over here in America those things are going for like 500 hundred each. Where Mosin Nagants are more like a hundred.