Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Occupy Wall Street protest

Who is renting the crowd? Can you prove they're bought? How are they being paid? Do you know at all what you're talking about? Prove it.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

As someone who has been politically active who has volunteered for our local LGBT health clinic, as well as been at Tea Party rallies there is only one thing I can say to OWS.

We told you so.

We opposed the bailouts and said let the banks fail.

You said, we can't let the banks fail we need stimulus and TARP.

Well the banks got bailed out, then everyone got sold out, and we wonder who's to blame.

BOTH THE RHINO BUSH AND THE CONSERVADEM OBAMA ARE IN THE POCKETS OF THEIR MONEY'D MASTERS. AS LONG AS BIG MEDIA, BIG CORPS, BIG UNIONS, ETC...CAN CONTROL WHAT WE SEE AND HEAR THIS WILL BE THE CASE.

The only honest politicians I know are ironically here in the state of Illinois, our Democratic governor Pat Quinn, and our Republican Senator Mark Kirk (Who unlike our democrat senator Durbin helped me with getting a correctly marked passport inspite of an obstinate bureaucrat).

The bottom line is... sit back and enjoy the show. At the core most of it is media managed, media imagined BS. Most people I know are either working, or looking for work. While the majority of OWS protesters are white yuppie spawn who have no money issues themselves. (The tea party had as it's core also people who had the money and time to devote themselves to activism. Some of them are even the same exact people. )

Senior Member Platinum Poster

More people join threads when they are in General Discussion than in Politics & Religion, perhaps they are intimidated by the title. The problem is that the quality of argument is desperately poor. We all live in capitalist societies, yet few seem to understand how what is all around us works; there is an obsession with taxes, and particularly corporations when small to medium-sized firms are everywhere and all around us and are just as much a part of the economy, and even then what people say about corporations is incoherent, bizarre, resentful -as someone at least acknowledged- and unhelpful. Western Europe and North America no longer dominate global capitalist production, are unlikely to do so for decades to come, and we have to adjust, just as we have to adjust to a global decline in oil and cycles of extreme weather. While I understand the frustrations of OWS and even the Tea Party, its not my scene, its noise, and in any case, OWS also stands for One Way Street, protests going nowhere. But then I don't expect to read any stimulating solutions to our problems in this thread anyway.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    there is an obsession with taxes, and particularly corporations when small to medium-sized firms are everywhere and all around us and are just as much a part of the economy, and even then what people say about corporations is incoherent, bizarre, resentful -as someone at least acknowledged- and unhelpful.
    How do most of us know about OWS, Who told us? The mainstream broadcast, TV radio or internet media. Who owns that? Corporations. Why would the corporate media ever report on small enterprise as if it were a real viable part of the economy.

Instead of begging big corps for a job, allot of people I know are hiring themselves (not always legally). I almost have more respect for a drug pusher hustling for his bread than for some of the glorified beggars that are these protestors. ("Oh what will we do when we graduate from our college")

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Who is renting the crowd? Can you prove they're bought? How are they being paid? Do you know at all what you're talking about? Prove it.
    paid by the communist party and al Queda and woodstock neo hippie theatre

live with honour

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    paid by the communist party and al Queda and woodstock neo hippie theatre
    Do the Al Qaeda and Hezbollah guys in the crowd get along or are they catty about their Sunni and Shiite differences?

Last edited by Dino Velvet; 10-13-2011 at 09:06 PM.

5 Star Poster

no once to sunny and the other's to shitt

live with honour

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Do they Al Qaeda and Hezbollah guys in the crowd get along or are they catty about their Sunni and Shiite differences?
    lol, good one dino

5 Star Poster

do you reckon these young protesting blokes ever belonged to any gangs or bad outfits Dino?

live with honour

Bald Headed Old Fart Professional Poster BigDF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    there is now talk of this neo hippie rent a crowd protesting out side of our stock exchange in Sydney.i would love to see these wankers try to piss off the hells angels or rebels they piss off the general public
    Perhaps in Australia, but not over here. For the most part they are the general public and they are already pissed off. That is why this movement is spreading around the country.

Stavros, you're correct in your assumption that no real solutions will be offered on here. These demonstrations are a peaceful(so far) release of pent up frustration with the way our country is changing. Since this change has been taking place over the last twenty years, reversing it will take at least that long, if reversal is possible at all.

I want to make you gasp and sigh!

Live to Love, Love to Live

http://brittanystjordan.com/