Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The 420 post

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Default Re: The 420 post

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Fuck the Feds. The experiment is over and no roaming bands of pothead Manson Families have come about. Too late to close down. Might peel off a few dispensaries but most will remain. I'd like to see the enforcement then the response and all the "real patients" with AIDS and Cancer showing up to protest.
    That's the catch: the most 'real' patients aren't as able to protest. The next tier of patients, those who have a legitimate medical reason to smoke but are not dying (those with anorexia, depression, glaucoma, etc. - most medical smokers probably belong in this group) need to separate themselves from the recreational smokers, whose presence is providing justification to the Feds, and protest hard, both socially and legally, for the right of all to choose their medicine.

Unfortunately that means smokers like you and me are going to bear the brunt of this and it's wrong on so many levels. My gut instinct is that big pharma has something to do with this. The initial DOJ announcement that it would not be targeting medicinal marijuana came before the passage of Obamacare and Obama stands to gain nothing by alienating his own constituency. So coincidence? I think not.

~BB~

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    That's the catch: the most 'real' patients aren't as able to protest. The next tier of patients, those who have a legitimate medical reason to smoke but are not dying (those with anorexia, depression, glaucoma, etc. - most medical smokers probably belong in this group) need to separate themselves from the recreational smokers, whose presence is providing justification to the Feds, and protest hard, both socially and legally, for the right of all to choose their medicine.

Unfortunately that means smokers like you and me are going to bear the brunt of this and it's wrong on so many levels. My gut instinct is that big pharma has something to do with this. The initial DOJ announcement that it would not be targeting medicinal marijuana came before the passage of Obamacare and Obama stands to gain nothing by alienating his own constituency. So coincidence? I think not.

~BB~
    Big Pharma and Big Beer companies are the ones that get their panties in a bunch over this.

I've heard plenty of sabre-rattling from DC and none of it has affected my ability to get Marijuana in a very civilized and peaceful manner.

Eventually Marijuana will be completely legal and people will just have to accept it and deal with it.

What are your thoughts on this, Dino? Or Bella?

http://news.yahoo.com/la-city-counci...224107084.html

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post

That's why we have Long Beach, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Glendale, Culver City, etc...

I think they'll move to another city withing the metropolitan area...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    That's why we have Long Beach, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Glendale, Culver City, etc...

I think they'll move to another city withing the metropolitan area...
    Willie pretty much answered it. There's always a way. I'll be buying in Culver City or Santa Monica giving them my money instead. If my nice dispensary in Brentwood(still a part of LA) closes down I'll miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Willie pretty much answered it. There's always a way. I'll be buying in Culver City or Santa Monica giving them my money instead. If my nice dispensary in Brentwood(still a part of LA) closes down I'll miss it.

OK, I see...the ban is just for the city of L.A. When I visited friends out there a few years ago, they went to a place called The Farmacy in West Hollywood...would that be subject to the ban? If this court ruling that's being waited on ends up being unfavorable, could that affect or set a precedent for shops in other areas?

Do you think it hurts the cause when often times people who speak out for legalization look like this guy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b50084d7bd0d4d14160f6a706700baf2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	487427  

OK, I see...the ban is just for the city of L.A. When I visited friends out there a few years ago, they went to a place called The Farmacy in West Hollywood...would that be subject to the ban? If this court ruling that's being waited on ends up being unfavorable, could that affect or set a precedent for shops in other areas?

Do you think it hurts the cause when often times people who speak out for legalization look like this guy?
    West Hollywood might not be affected. Willie might know more about that area as I usually stay west of there.

The Farmacy charges too much. Dispensaries always advertising things like $50 cap(eighth) only to also offer some Private Reserve for $60.

The place I go in Brentwood says $45 cap and means it too. Get $300 special on full ounce of serious fire. On Wilshire right next to where Odyssey Video used to be. You'll know you're there when you see the Comrades with tattoos on their necks and the cute 22 year old budtender gals behind the counter.

Last edited by Dino Velvet; 07-25-2012 at 06:57 PM.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

West Hollywood is an independent city; it never was a part of the city of Los Angeles.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

I think there will be legal challenges to the ban, but since they're not closing all of the dispensaries, only those opened after 2007, there are still, by one article's count, about 177 left. That minimizes the city's legal exposure, as they're using legitimate reasoning. What they ought to do is have a lottery, like they have with liquor licenses, and as they did in Long Beach.

The only problem is that after Long Beach held the lottery, they immediately rescinded the ordinance, effectively re-criminalizing the operations. It reminds me of the tax stamp brouhaha in 1937.

http://hightimes.com/legal/mmiller/6614

~BB~

I've been going to my dispensary for almost 2 years. Only one time have I ever been approached by someone on the street to buy for him. Many more people camped out in front of liquor stores creating much more neighborhood disturbance.

Screw Villaraigosa and his pet monkey Charlie Beck too.