Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Amanda Knox and the Murder Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    I'm not disputing anything you say in this post, but it doesn't address my central point which is that as far as the US media and public are concerned, this is all about Amanda Knox and the original victim of the crime can go to hell.

Am I angry about this? You bet I am.
    I hear ya mate.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm personally disgusted by the 100% media attention focused on Amanda Knox to the almost complete exclusion of any sympathy or consideration for the real victim.

Remember, the girl who actually died? Her name was Meredith Kercher, and since the tragedy of her loss her family have conducted themselves consistently with dignity and restraint, unlike Ms Knox.

Innocent or guilty, her conduct and that of the fucked-up circus that surrounds her is utterly shameful.
    You are right to be angry, but the simple fact is that nothing for Meredith Kercher can now be done, other than reach a conclusive verdict. Amanda Knox, however, is still alive; as indeed is Raffaele Sollecito -the media coverage doesn't seem that interested in him, perhaps because he doesn't wear a dress.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

As most of you will have read, the Court of Cassation in Italy has annulled the murder verdicts on both Amanda Knox and Raffaelle Sellicito, bringing an end to the legal proceedings, but probably not the story of this horrible murder, not least as another film about the murder is about to be released. The full analysis of their decision will be released by the judges of the Court in 90 days or so, but this does appear to be an indictment of the shoddy way in which this case was handled, though it is unlikely to change anything of substance in the procedures of the legal system in Italy.

Gold Poster

I am pleased with the verdict. I had followed the case and at one point was very interested in trying to understand what happened. It won't end speculation or bring closure, but it's always a good thing when someone is not convicted where the best evidence you have is some peculiar behavior, a coercive interrogation, and dna results that defy common sense.

Anyhow, I think Rudy Guede committed the crime without assistance and since he is in prison, the crime has not gone unpunished either.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Good to see an end to this legal farce, but bet she'll find it difficult to get a room mate

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ