Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Another liberal Judge, creating his own interpretation of the law. And the progressives want these guys EVERYWHERE, mostly on the Suprememe Court.

As far as liberals wanting these judges everywhere.that is complete nonsense. 60 days for multiple molestation on a 5-6 y.o. is absolutely sick and the penal system should come down with full intensity on this person.

In reading some other posts here im hearing some quasi-Buddhist philosophies coming from some members here.

Personally if somebody harmed my daughter(if I had one) that person would beg for the death penalty when I was through with him.

DJ Asia

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy
    Another liberal Judge, creating his own interpretation of the law. And the progressives want these guys EVERYWHERE, mostly on the Suprememe Court.
    Here's a reality check for yourdaddygump and vonkramer:

Judge Cashman was appointed in 1982 by Governor Richard Snelling (R).

Yes, we progressives are all for legalizing rape, which should be good news for you two dimwits. It might save you when your sister or some other relative presses charges....

Professional Poster

LOL...... There sisters would never press charges...word is, they like it like that out there.

Wow. When I went to sleep, no one had posted much of anything on this thread.

For me, this topic isn’t about liberal, conservative, or moderate politics. It’s about a clear cut way to protect society from an obviouis danger. Reliable studies documenting the recidivism rate among child molesters show ranges from 52%, on the very low end, to 77%, on the slightly high end. Keep in mind, that’s just the number actually caught and convicted a second time, not the number believed to actually engage in recidivist activity - which has been stated to be far higher.

So far as chemical castration is concerned, Depo-Provera (the drug used in the US) has shown promising results with respect to recidivism, but some of the associated pitfalls are quite worrisome. They include, diabetes, the formation of blood clots, allergic reactions, hypertension, and higher suicide rates. The many side effects associated with chemical castration have caused the ACLU to come out against both surgical and chemical castration as “cruel and unusual punishment.”

Once again, for me, it comes down to life in prison. Why castrate child molesters? By doing so, we are only giving them the opportunity to sue the government at some point in the future. They have taken enough from society. Why give them the opportunity to take more?

Last but not least, I am not particualarly concerned about the danger that child molesters face in prison/jail. It is a danger they face because of a decision they have made: to pray upon society’s most innocent and defenseless. If anyone here knows someone who was molested as child, then they know what it does them. Most of them grow up to become pale reflections of what they might have otherwise been. Most are beset by lifelong demons they can never exercise, no matter how much counseling they recieve. Their inability to engage in "normal" relationships casues a disproportionately high number to become alcoholics, drug addicts, and criminals themselves.

-Quinn

Platinum Poster

J wrote (re legend):

i realy dont know how to break it down to a simpler argument..ok lets try this, if ur parents ground u and u have to go to ur room for 3 hours when u were 11 because again u made peepee on the carpet in front of the guests, i dont think that ur dad should sneak into ur room while ur grounded and poke u with a stick...i dont know, i think im becoming dumber just by engaging u, shit..that was a terrible analogy...here we go, tell me how crazy i am for comparing carpet pee to the terrible rape of little crippled kids...

lmao...I almost made peepee reading that...

I need to pay better attention; I compleley missed that when glancing over this thread. LMAO @ "i dont think that ur dad should sneak into ur room while ur grounded and poke u with a stick."

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Gold Poster

States are driving for congress to pass what is called Jessica's law to make it tougher for sex offenders, This require sex offenders to live at least 2,000 feet from schools and parks. The law would also require released sex offenders to wear a GPS monitoring system.

When you see children who have suffered horrible crimes and we care more about trying to rehabilitate the offenders there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy
    Before throwing the book at someone, you might want to try reading one. or at least a newspaper or two.
    http://dsdsdemo2.ap.org/aponline/us_...s_2328746.html
    http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu183_1
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/ver...n_controversy/

Judge Edward Cashman, 62, is described as a strait-laced ex-military man. He was appointed to the Vermont District Court bench in 1982 by a Republican governor.

Sen. Vincent Illuzzi, a Republican who is also a prosecutor, said the criticism that Cashman is a lenient judge and should be thrown out of office is "contrary to his judicial philosophy and career."

"Over the years, if there's been criticism of Judge Cashman, it has been he has been overly harsh on offenders when it comes to sentences and conditions of probation," Illuzzi said.

Former Chief Justice Jeffrey Amestoy, who is also a Republican has praised Judge Cashman as a "competent, caring and conservative trial judge."

In the case in issue, at the sentencing hearing, the judge said state Corrections Department officials had told him that Hulett would not receive sex-offender treatment while in prison because he was deemed a low risk to re-offend. Vermont does not provide sex-offender treatment to such inmates until they reach the end of their jail time

The judge said he worried that without treatment, Hulett would emerge from prison more likely to commit new crimes. Judge Cashman felt "The solution to these concerns requires quick and effective treatment," He also noted that Huett tested at a borderline intelligence level, has the emotional maturity of a 12- to 14-year-old and did not understand why others were so upset by his actions. In sentencing him to 60 days, The Judge imposed a long list of stringent conditions on when and how Hulett could be released, including that he get sex-offender treatment. Cashman warned the defendant would get life behind bars if he failed to undergo treatment or comply with other conditions, including a prohibition against alcohol or living in an apartment complex that allows children.

Cashman said he would have imposed more jail time - a three-year minimum - if the state promised treatment while he was jailed.

The media coverage has been criticized by some who have studied the case. Republican Representative Michael Kainen, a lawyer and the ranking member of the Judiciary Committee in the Vermont House, said Friday, ''If it were accurately reported, I think there would have been a little less furor."

“`I'll be judge, I'll be jury,' said cunning old Fury: / `I'll try the whole cause, and condemn you to death.'”
    Lewis Carroll

FK

Gold Poster

Oh, Felicia. You and your facts again. This guy is a Liberal. Only a Liberal can dispense such lenient sentences according to a couple of our Conservative clowns in here such as Dumbfuck Yourdaddy and reactionary dipshit Kramer. Read back. It must be a Liberal. It has to be a Liberal.

(Psssst, you see, Felicia, ideologues such as Bill O'Reilly pumping this story for their ratings sake are conveniently not mentioning the Judge's party afiliation. Dipshit and Dumbfuck were simply left to their own warped devices and automatically assumed that it was a Liberal judge at the helm. Nevermind about the complexities of this case, or that the judge is a Republican, they did what they only knew how -- they assumed it was a Liberal judge, and then attacked him.)