Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: frac mining

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: frac mining

Gee, perhaps people should have more empathy with each other and look after each other's interests, regardless of race, origin, religion or lifestyle be it urban or rural. Perhaps they should show more sympathy with your cause than you are inclined to show toward others.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

i show lots of empathy to Australia not much to the rest of the world.quite truthfully the rest of the world can get fucked

live with honour

That's what I'm saying, you want sympathy from the rest of us all the time, and yet in your honest opinion we can all get fucked. Sorry I can't say "get fucked" in return. I can only say that once again you disappoint.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

i am only interested in the problem not sympathy.fuck sympathy does fuck all like the UN

live with honour

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    i am only interested in the problem not sympathy.fuck sympathy ...
    Too late to take that line, you already admitted
    i show lots of empathy to Australia

Last edited by trish; 09-26-2011 at 06:14 AM.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Too late to take that line, you already admitted
    i wanted to know if other countries had this problem not bloody sympathy and i love Australia i it all ways comes first for and any other place in the world comes a good third and any way i am the most hated guy on this site for expressing my views and not pretending i am Jesus Christ most of these wankers pretend they can walk on water

live with honour

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Russtafa I don't think you will find many people energised by the issue of hydraulic fracturing -it doesn't show up on their radar: there is a major project under way near the holiday resort of Blackpool, but while there was a 'For and Against' article in The Guardian, most people in the UK do not read that paper. If the project creates jobs, people are so desperate they will overlook any potential issues and, in any and every case, it remains to be proven if the fracking process has caused pollution. More people will continue to be killed and injured in road traffic accidents, but the car has not yet been banned.
    Mining has always had a higher and more controversial profile in Australia, be it coal or uranium. The Four Mile mine is owned by an American firm General Atomics which makes the drones that are used in Pakistan and Afghanistan and most recently in Libya. Anyway, like many people on this board, you complain a lot about political issues and politicians, which is your right, but its obvious also you are not going to do anything else about it -its probably too much to ask you and the others on HA with political gripes to protest, join a party -at least we all have the vote; and often it doesn't go our way; and one side always thinks the other side when in power is destroying the country, I have heard it for decades but for all their faults, neither the UK nor Australia have disintegrated, collapsed, and disappeared from the map.

5 Star Poster

i still go to protest marches and you are right i should join a political party. i was going to join Bob Katter's party but he is anti gay so no way.i am still looking for a good one maybe One Nation

live with honour

Awww... Russ cares. Such an empathic softy. Next we know, he'll become a pillar of philanthropy & start volunteering at the soup kitchens.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Russtafa, the real question is, if you become politically involved, but fail -what do you do then? So many people have dropped out of politics because a) it was too much like hard work, and b) they didn't get the result they wanted.