Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: RIP To Troy Davis

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Buds, there weren't 34 eyewitnesses to the shooting. There were 34 prosecution witnesses who testified against Davis.

There was no firearm recovered, and the claims that shell casings found at the scene matched those discovered at other crime scenes allegedly committed by Davis was later found not be true. The ballistics testing later showed all the shell casing didn't come from the same weapon.

Anne Coulter is pro killing Black men. She's even in favor of the death penalty when DNA exonerates the convicted defendant.

Davis wasn't a church deacon and he had a prior record, but I don't believe ANY witnesses were able to distinguish which among two Black men shot a cop in the middle of the night.

A defense attorney billing $500/hour would have won this case in a walk.
    GH....you have lost all sense of proportionality the last several months, when you used to be one of the most thoughtful, reserved posters on here. You and Silcc now drop the race card so frequently it's become humorous .Things don't go quite the way you like and there's a dark skinned person involved? Deal the R card from the bottom of the deck...that'll make things all better. You've lost your individualism dude...and can no longer be taken as a serious, pragmatic poster, but rather a race baiter. Sorry...but that's the way I see it. .

It's perfectly understandable to oppose the DP, both in this specific case, and as a part of our judicial system, but some of the statements regarding the innocence of this person on here are absurd. I don't know, you don't know, and Kelly Shore sure don't know...There's only two people who know what happened here....Troy Davis and he's no longer with us, and the man upstairs, and since most of y'all on here are atheists, I guess that leaves you with nothing but your opinions. lol ....It's one thing to say they shouldn't have killed him...it's entirely another matter to blindly profess his innocence. Remember how sure so many of you were sure the Frenchman DSK raped that poor chamber maid....or that those privledged white punks raped the party girl at Duke ??

Last edited by onmyknees; 09-23-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    And you'll never see us put in an application for it either. We are The United States Of America. Not perfect but I'll take us warts and all even with Obama. Enjoy being civilized. I feel it's overrated.

My condolences to the family of the slain police officer. Thought they deserve a mention too.
    totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    And you'll never see us put in an application for it either. We are The United States Of America. Not perfect but I'll take us warts and all even with Obama. Enjoy being civilized. I feel it's overrated.

My condolences to the family of the slain police officer. Thought they deserve a mention too.
    Well said.

Rookie Poster

I guess the primary root cause of all the outrage is there is without question reasonable doubt.

The parole board in GA made in my opinion a terrible decision. I won't repeat what others have said, but there was easily doubt in this case.

Our society as an evolved society with supposed fail-safes to protect and or right judiciary injustice supposedly should have at least changed Troy Davis's sentence to Life in prison rather than the death penalty.

No one with a shred of intelligence can argue there was not reasonable doubt.

There was doubt, inconsistencies in his conviction, evidence that was proven faulty etc.

The fact that there was doubt even a shred, has to result in something other than death.

Execution is final, it cannot be reversed. Judicial over site however can.

There is a chance Troy is/was innocent, and there is certainly compelling evidence to suggest so.

The possibility that Ga intentionally and willfully committed murder is an actual possibility.
    The fact that wouldn't even let him take a polygraph speaks volumes regarding the political aspect of the situation. What's the worst that could have happened? He passes and casts even more doubt on an already shoddy conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    GH....you have lost all sense of proportionality the last several months, when you used to be one of the most thoughtful, reserved posters on here. You and Silcc now drop the race card so frequently it's become humorous .Things don't go quite the way you like and there's a dark skinned person involved? Deal the R card from the bottom of the deck...that'll make things all better. You've lost your individualism dude...and can no longer be taken as a serious, pragmatic poster, but rather a race baiter. Sorry...but that's the way I see it. .

It's perfectly understandable to oppose the DP, both in this specific case, and as a part of our judicial system, but some of the statements regarding the innocence of this person on here are absurd. I don't know, you don't know, and Kelly Shore sure don't know...There's only two people who know what happened here....Troy Davis and he's no longer with us, and the man upstairs, and since most of y'all on here are atheists, I guess that leaves you with nothing but your opinions. lol ....It's one thing to say they shouldn't have killed him...it's entirely another matter to blindly profess his innocence. Remember how sure so many of you were sure the Frenchman DSK raped that poor chamber maid....or that those privledged white punks raped the party girl at Duke ??
    I guess the evidence goes out the window then but your reply is pretty much what I expected anyways. But you do know a black guy got off Death Row in Texas(Hello Rick "Captain DP" Perry) who did kill his girl, the guy she cheated on him with and he injured his sister

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...-Supreme-Court

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

President Obama talks about human rights.
    Well, the death penalty is a complete violation of one's human rights. And civilized societies don't carry out capital punishment.
    We're the only Western country that still has the death penalty. And there have been prisoners who've been executed where it's later revealed that they didn't do it.
    I mean, Troy Davis wasn't going anywhere. He's in a cage. I mean, we need to find out the truth. I mean, say the truth does finally come out. And he's innocent.
    It's understandable that people support the death penalty. Because they want vengeance.
    But Noam Chomsky said it best: "The death penalty can be tolerated only by extreme statist reactionaries who demand a state that is so powerful that it has the right to kill."
    This was the State committing murder.

Rookie Poster

wow, all this Faux grief over something nobody has heard of until 9/21/2011. All this crap about a case nobody knows a damn thing about or cared about 72 hours ago. Read a few articles - and bam its like you slept at a holiday inn express last night - yall know everything about the case. Good grief. what a bunch of morons.

And all the jackwads railing about the lawyers, judges, republicans and teabaggers and whatever else you are ranting about? You are just as ugly and twisted as they are. Get a grip.

Banned Rookie Poster

I live in savannah, everyone know he did.... if it was a white guy who did it, he would have been dead for over 20years now..... If he was not guilty with the tech we have this day and age he would have been let free.. Just think if it was ur father that got killed, would you really want him NOT DEAD...
    I know lawyers in savannah that know underhanded shit has been going aon and its all leads back votes... HE DID IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SP27 View Post
    wow, all this Faux grief over something nobody has heard of until 9/21/2011. All this crap about a case nobody knows a damn thing about or cared about 72 hours ago. Read a few articles - and bam its like you slept at a holiday inn express last night - yall know everything about the case. Good grief. what a bunch of morons.

And all the jackwads railing about the lawyers, judges, republicans and teabaggers and whatever else you are ranting about? You are just as ugly and twisted as they are. Get a grip.
    It really has to do with the death penalty, I think -- And the entire justice system. I mean, there is one system of justice for the rich and powerful and another for everyone else.
    And, too, the issue is: whether you're against it or for it. I mean, it's a wedge issue. A lot like abortion. Abortion is a tricky issue. I mean, no one is for abortion. No one wants a woman to abort. It's tragic. But on the death penalty, well, people are either staunchly for it or against it. I'm against it. (I don't know what exact percentage of Americans are for it. But I know it's a majority.)
    The Troy Davis case has got a lot of attention. And there were just too many doubts, as it were...