Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Killing Near Transgender Bar in Chicago

Default Re: Killing Near Transgender Bar in Chicago

Updated: September 20, 2011 6:11PM

Three men and two women have been charged with murder in the death of a 28-year-old man who was beaten and robbed after leaving a transgender bar in the Southwest Side’s Little Village neighborhood early Saturday.
    Crystal Cruz, 28, of the 2200 bock of Dunmore Street in Joliet; Ramiro Carrillo, 21, of Cicero; Victor Redding, 21, of the 4800 block of South Winchester Avenue in Chicago; Jesus Cabrales, 25, of the 2800 block of South Kedvale Avenue; and Yessenia Torres, 25, of the 4100 block of West 26th Street, are charged with two counts each of first-degree murder for the death of Gumaro Chavez, Cook County State’s Attorney’s office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton said.
    Torres was ordered held on $750,000 bond on Tuesday while the others were denied bond, Simonton said. All five will appear for a preliminary hearing on Oct. 7.
    Chavez left La Cueva, a transgender bar, about 2:15 a.m. Saturday with the two women, and went to his car in the 2600 block of South Kedvale. Chavez got into the driver’s side; Cruz got into the front passenger seat; and Torres got into the back seat, court records indicated.
    That’s when Cabrales and Redding approached. Cabrales opened the door and began striking Chavez, pulling him out of the car, prosecutors allege. They repeatedly struck Chavez in the head and tried to take money from him. Cruz told the others Chavez had money and began hitting him, prosecutors allege.
    Cabrales, armed with a knife, allegedly stabbed Chavez multiple time, while Carillo approached from across the street and kicked him. During the beating, Torres left the car, returning shortly after to take a bag of beer from the back seat, according to court records.
    Torres, Cruz and Carrillo left to go to Torres’ apartment, while Cabrales and Redding searched Chavez’s car, including the trunk. Cabrales then took off Chavez’s pants and fled with Redding to meet the others at Torres’ apartment with both the pants and the murder weapon, a knife, prosecutors allege.
    A witness told police they saw Redding take the knife and Cabrales toss it off the back of an apartment balcony. It was later recovered by police on a nearby rooftop.
    Cabrales and Redding then shred and bleached their clothes inside Torres’ apartment. Torres and Cruz returned to Chavez’s car minutes after the beating and drove away, court records said.
    Chavez, left lying on the parkway, was dead when police arrived.
    After the murder, Cruz and Torres went to another club, Mad Anthony’s, and then a McDonald’s later in the morning.
    Prosecutors said Cabrales, Redding and Cruz told a witness about the beating and robbery. That witness described each defendant’s role in the beating and stabbing, which were also caught on video surveillance.
    Chavez died of multiple blunt force trauma and multiple stab wounds, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office said following an autopsy.
    Cabrales, Redding and Carrillo admitted to their participation in the beating and Cruz admitted to being at the scene and taking the car. Torres admitted taking beer from the car during the beating and being with Cruz as they drove off after the beating, prosecutors allege.
    Prosecutors did not detail whether Chavez was targeted or whether his attendance at a transgender bar played a role in the crime.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/7...e-village.html

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

What a motley crew that is.

Sounds as if the location was pretty coincidental and the motive robbery.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

I wonder if the attackers were republicans?

I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne183 View Post
    I suspect that these 5 don't know the meaning of the word

Thugs.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

5 Star Poster

Republicans in Chicago, almost non existent. What I would like to know is more about the "man" who was killed. Were they a man or a transwoman being called a man by an ignorant @$$ reporter?

Way to bring politics in a this thread. I'm actually shocked that they didn't get tg. It could be that they had "issues" with this guy and knew were he liked to hang out. The guy probably had a routine of going to a trans bar alone so it was probably the time to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america

It could be a transgender man or a man who is trans-attracted or had transgender friends. IDK?