The Sabrina Black thread got me thinking whether I could use HA to track down two girls I knew. They were both very close friends who used to hang out at Edelweiss before it became totally a whorehouse/crack den. This was back in the mid 1990s.

One girl was named Tuana. She was Vietnamese and a student in fashion. Wow, did she have it together! She got a scholarship to study fashion in Milan, Italy. I remember helping her get out of NYC somehow (I don't remember the particular emergency) in the last couple of hectic days. When she came back after about a year and we had lunch and she told me all about her travels and adventures in Europe. She got a designing job in the south and we stayed in touch by phone for a while. I heard she got married.

The other was Moonica Rivera. She was very pretty Puerto Rican, really well put together and friendly with some of the other hispanic girls. One thing really wonderful about her was that her family accepted her, and she lived with them, so she was more balanced and self-accepting than most, and led a more stable, healthy life.

Believe it or not, but to date her, like a regular girl, I had to meet her Mom and Dad! That was so nice, even though I think Dad wasn't totally accepting, but you could tell she was from a very loving family.

Her only vice was that by the end of the evening, she could get pretty drunk (her friend, Eva used to tease her by repeating, "Amaretto on the rocks!" which was her favorite drink).

Unfortunately, we lost touch because she and her parents moved at about the same time, and I heard she eventually moved to Florida.

If anyone is in touch or remembers either girl please post here or PM me.

PS -- I had to spell "Moonica's" name weirdly, because this forum automatically deletes the proper spelling. Some drama between the mods and the other "moonica" perhaps?