Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: black people are cool

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections View Post
    Many cossacks did have guns so I doubt everyone just had a sword. And if they were killing villagers then im sure the villagers had little knowledge of how to properly use a gun of that time period especially compared to a Cossack raiding party. Im guessing your grandfather was born in the late 1800's.
    My grandfather's group carried no guns. They gained their reputation through fear and brutality and didn't need them. Hatred for enemies and the joy of killing kept them sharp. My grandfather was born before 1890 but I forget the exact year. He was old when my dad was born and my dad was older also when I was born.

The villagers were frightened and defeated before the Cossacks showed up. Any guns they had were useless because they couldn't hold them steady and feared the bullets might not work on them. Lots of superstition back then.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    My grandfather was a Cossack who only used a sword. They raided villages that had guns and still killed everyone. Fuck Zulus.
    Cool beans

My grandfather's group carried no guns. They gained their reputation through fear and brutality and didn't need them. Hatred for enemies and the joy of killing kept them sharp. My grandfather was born before 1890 but I forget the exact year. He was old when my dad was born and my dad was older also when I was born.

The villagers were frightened and defeated before the Cossacks showed up. Any guns they had were useless because they couldn't hold them steady and feared the bullets might not work on them. Lots of superstition back then.
    What happened to them in WW2?

I wondered if this was during the civil war that followed the Bolshevik revolution and the anarchy that followed. Was it then or before WW1 Dino?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by OmarZ View Post
    What happened to them in WW2?
    My grandfather's brother stayed behind and died in the snow fighting for money and my grandfather came to America and became a businessman. Today he'd be seen as a war criminal like Radko and sent to the Haig. Instead, he died peacefully at 93 in his own bed with his family around him.

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

I think the Scots were brave, cause they'd send that poor sucker up in the front line playing a bagpipe. At least a Cossack had a sword, this poor Scott had to kill the enemy with his dreadful noise.

I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

My grandfather's brother stayed behind and died in the snow fighting for money and my grandfather came to America and became a businessman. Today he'd be seen as a war criminal like Radko and sent to the Haig. Instead, he died peacefully at 93 in his own bed with his family around him.
    Its quite a story, from the euroasian steppes to the american skyscrapers.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    I wondered if this was during the civil war that followed the Bolshevik revolution and the anarchy that followed. Was it then or before WW1 Dino?
    He got out around the time of the revolution. He was paid with money coming from the Czar so he might have been hunted down too. He was in Serbian territory around WWI and got on a boat and came to America settling in Detroit.

He got out around the time of the revolution. He was paid with money coming from the Czar so he might have been hunted down too. He was in Serbian territory around WWI and got on a boat and came to America settling in Detroit.
    Sounds like quite a story Dino. Ever thought about writing it all down?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne183 View Post
    I think the Scots were brave, cause they'd send that poor sucker up in the front line playing a bagpipe. At least a Cossack had a sword, this poor Scott had to kill the enemy with his dreadful noise.
    Ladies from Hell, that was what the Germans called the Jocks in WW1. Always the shock troops, therefore the worst casualties when you're throwing mere flesh against machine guns, artillery and barbed wire.

And I used to play the bagpipes when I was younger, so I know that pipe bands march fast in order to get away from that bloody racket.

But a solo pibroch, full of gracenotes and longing, is a thing of ethereal beauty. Trust me.