Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS
    Quote Originally Posted by jt money
    Now all you have to do is prove it and when you do, no, I will love him no more. Good luck!

Your admission of love for our current president is very telling. I don't know of ANY politician that I LOVE. At best, I might think they are doing a good or decent job, but never enough where I absolutely love them.

Love is blind. When you have that much blind love for a politician, it's impossible for you to see any of their faults or admit when they have done something wrong.

Therefore, meaningful debate is useless.
    That's unfair of you. He was responding to someone who said "would you still love [bush]" if he was responsible. jt was just responding using their terms.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Johnson
    Sorry folks, but there is no way I can believe any American, holding any office, would let something so awful happen to innocent people.

I don't care what kind of coincidences you can dig up, or what sort of circumstantial evidence you may contrive. I just won't buy it.
    AJ, your initial paragraphs are very telling. You are admitting that even if the evidence was in front of you, you could not believe it. That's cognitive dissonance, which I explained above. What you are saying is that if GWB got on TV and said he had been saved again, and wanted to confess 9/11, "there is no way I can believe any American, holding any office, would let something so awful happen to innocent people." You are dismissing the possibility, even before reading the evidence.

There are at least two kinds of people who don't believe in Bush complicity in 9/11: Those who have reviewed all the evidence, balanced the possibilities and decided that Bush wasn't involved; and the 99% who say no elected official could have done this and therefore I won't even consider the possibility.

You, my friend, are admittedly in the second category.

Did you know that the former German Minister of Defense has publicly stated that 9/11 was an inside job? Or that eminent writer Gore Vidal has also done so? Or that the US Pentagon "father" of the star wars defense shield also says it was an inside job? Reasonable prominent people are coming out to say what is screaming in our faces. Connect the dots.

I admit that when you start reading the mainstream media reports of what actually happened on 9/11, it is like taking the "red pill" in the matrix. Much of what you believed becomes obsolete. But these are facts. Expose yourself to them. If you want to say there was no complicity, at least put yourself in the first category of having examined the facts and come to a different conclusion, rather than the second, cognitive dissonance category of dismissing the possibility -- especially after Iraq and Katrina.

please lets stop the conspiracy theory nonsense

i am as non-supporter of our chimp-in-command and his money/blood sucking gang aka "current US-administration" as it can get. but those conspiracy theories are useless, boring and foolish. most ridiculous is the "no jew went to work" blah blah and

there might be a grain of truth in there in so far that you could say they "let it happen". but much more important are those facts that show bin laden and his comrades were fed by the us-taxpayers for years when they still were useful in the afghan-sovjet war. thats the real agenda running through us-foreign policy. boasting about democracy and using/working together with dictators and terrorists when it "serves" the us-interests. it makes me sick to see the us-governments (virtually ALL) in the last decades kissing the saudis asses, one of the most resentful dictatorships in the world today .

thats double-standard. period.

same with "oh lets bring democracy to iraq" great, but what about all those central asian states where the us built army bases after 9-11? non of them are democracies. if it was the real zeal of that administration to bring democracy to dictatorships and authoritarian regimes why not sdupport opposition groups in those countries too? na, a dictator / authoritarian leadeer serves us better there right now...

ps: i wonder how long will it take this time until one of our "newly found allies" turnes against the US (with of course weapons we provided them with) like it happened so many times in the past.

Junior Poster

Perhaps the most perfect example of the psychologically debilitating condition of cognitive dissonance every displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by mbf
    please lets stop the conspiracy theory nonsense

i am as non-supporter of our chimp-in-command and his money/blood sucking gang aka "current US-administration" as it can get. but those conspiracy theories are useless, boring and foolish. most ridiculous is the "no jew went to work" blah blah and

there might be a grain of truth in there in so far that you could say they "let it happen". but much more important are those facts that show bin laden and his comrades were fed by the us-taxpayers for years when they still were useful in the afghan-sovjet war. thats the real agenda running through us-foreign policy.
    You are willing to admit (1) Bush might have let it happen and (2) the US intelligence establishment was the prime funder of bin Laden.

But of course the big picture is conspiracy theory bullshit.

When you make a post like this, there really isn't much more for me to say. Please Google "cognitive dissonance." Because that's what you have.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS
    Now all you have to do is prove it and when you do, no, I will love him no more. Good luck!

Your admission of love for our current president is very telling. I don't know of ANY politician that I LOVE. At best, I might think they are doing a good or decent job, but never enough where I absolutely love them.

Love is blind. When you have that much blind love for a politician, it's impossible for you to see any of their faults or admit when they have done something wrong.

Therefore, meaningful debate is useless.
    That's unfair of you. He was responding to someone who said "would you still love [bush]" if he was responsible. jt was just responding using their terms.

Not at all. He could have told that person that he did not have love for the President. He could have used his own words.

If he disagreed with that term, he could have easily said so. By going along with it, it shows he agreed.

Platinum Poster

It is certainly interesting stuff, and I wouldn't put anything past the bunch of lying, greedy neocon chickenhawks in office....

But insomuch as the Warren Commission whitewashed the JFK conspiracy, so these events also will continue to be the subject of speculation for many years...

PS...if you're into exploring the JFK assasination, check out James Ellroy's historical fiction series that begins with American Tabloid. He also authored LA Confidential and The Black Dahlia, in addition to many other great novels...

Now all you have to do is prove it and when you do, no, I will love him no more.
    If you love him so much, the why don't you marry him?

That's right, you can't. Cause he's against gay marriage.

I just nailed you.

Professional Poster

I think the most telling evidense from the JFK fiasco was the fact that even a riflery pro couldnt aim and fire that weapon 3 times and hit a small target in a car from that distance......One shot..difficult but not for a pro....

3 shots...impossible.

And dude wasnt a ranked rifleman.

And if something huge like that can be covered up, so can other situations....

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder
    I think the most telling evidense from the JFK fiasco was the fact that even a riflery pro couldnt aim and fire that weapon 3 times and hit a small target in a car from that distance......One shot..difficult but not for a pro....

3 shots...impossible.

And dude wasnt a ranked rifleman.

And if something huge like that can be covered up, so can other situations....
    I'm afraid you're wrong. This has been tested multiple times, by people not even trained by the military.

I saw a documentary about the Kennedy assassination on the Discovery Channel (or the History Channel, can't remember), and it showed that every aspect of the Oswald theory is entirely plausible. In no way does it fall apart on a scientific level.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EdelweissFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Johnson
    Sorry folks, but there is no way I can believe any American, holding any

office, would let something so awful happen to innocent people.

I don't care what kind of coincidences you can dig up, or what sort of circumstantial evidence you may contrive. I

just won't buy it.

AJ, your initial paragraphs are very telling. You are admitting that even if the evidence was in front of you, you could not

believe it. That's cognitive dissonance, which I explained above. What you are saying is that if GWB got on TV and said he

had been saved again, and wanted to confess 9/11, "there is no way I can believe any American, holding any office, would let

something so awful happen to innocent people." You are dismissing the possibility, even before reading the evidence.

I don't think you read me right, but you quoted me. I never said I wouldn't believe it if GWB confessed. I think you put

your own words into my text. Maybe that's an example of "cognitive dissonance".

I admit that when you start reading the mainstream media reports of what actually happened on 9/11, it

is like taking the "red pill" in the matrix. Much of what you believed becomes obsolete. But these are facts. Expose

yourself to them. If you want to say there was no complicity, at least put yourself in the first category...
    I don't consider things to be facts just because someone printed them. I guess, if someone is printing what you want to hear

it's real easy to latch onto it and say, "look at the facts". Look how much crap hits the newstands about celebs. Is all of

it true?

...especially after Iraq and Katrina.
    Oh yeah, I forgot 'ol George summoned the Wrath of GOD and brought it down on all those poor black people. Silly me!