Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: Mitt Romney -- whaddaya think???

If the 2 remaining are Romney and Obama that will be an easy decision.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie666 View Post
    I have become a newt fan, to get things done in washington in the coming years ,you are going to need a totally corrupt psychopathic cunt who can wheel and deal,bit like clinton. I personally think he would wipe the floor with Obama in a debate, I just hope he can bear the lethal hatchet job the media is doing to every republican candidate other than romney (they want mitt vs obama,because they know where romneys support will come from and romneys support while stable hasn't increased in six years ,they have prepped for romney) ,they totally destroyed cain, even went into the gutter with racism ,mscbc was like a klan meeting.

Since newt got to the top,the negative spin machine both from the left leaning networks, his rivals and his enemies in the republican party has gone into overdrive. Thats newts main weakness,he is a long time washington insider and has been in the sewer ,and sadly some of that shit will stick. His other weakness is his looks, a fat old white man, against the hip and jive still quite young looking tanned Obama. In todays politics appearance matters far more.,although the plastic fake looks of romney and perry are taking it too far.
    A, to quote you, "totally corrupt psychopathic cunt who can wheel and deal,bit like clinton..." is quite frightening.
    There was an interesting study done up in Canada. It stated that people in positions of power (and power, from a libertarian perspective, is exceedingly dangerous) come to believe in the justness or goodness and merit or importance of their own elevated status. And with that comes the belief that they're above the law.
    Plus we've been inculcated or taught to think/believe that politicians are above the law.
    Clinton lied under oath. Which is a felony. And carries a 5 year prison sentence. What happened? Well, nothing. Because we have a two-tier justice system. One for the financial and political elite and another for the rest of us. (Think: Nixon. And how he was pardoned by Ford. Think: Casper Weinberger and the whole illicit Iran-Contra affair and how he was pardoned by the first president Bush... and it goes on and on.)
    Government is essentially a lawless institution... as it presently exists.
    And Newt, like all the rest, will serve the top 0.01 percent. He doesn't care about working Americans. Truck Drivers. Nurses. Firefighters. Cops. He's in it for himself and his rich corporate buddies. (I mean, that applies to pretty much every politician. And, too, the political system has been usurped by the powerful business sector. We - all - know - that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I find it interesting that YouTube headlines are almost always wrong. Ron Paul didn't "educate" anyone, and he clearly lost the audience in a back and forth that Gingrich clearly won with a perfect "snapshot" answer.

Mitt Romney: I'm Progressive:

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I heard Christine Connolly turned Gingrich into a newt. He never got better

Mitt believes the Angel Moroni left Joe Smith 200 pounds of gold plates buried in the ground just outside Palmyra, NY. They were inscribed with what Joe, who had no knowledge of ancient languages, said was Egyptian. The plates were placed on a table. Joe put a special divining stone in a hat, buried his face in the hat and dictated the plates to an assistant. When the dictation was lost, Joe went through the procedure again, with somewhat different results! Still the result of that "translation" is called the book of Mormon. It difficult to believe that there were ever any adults who accepted this book as divine truth. Mitt is one of them.

I have no faith in men of faith. Then again, Mitt's not as zany as Newt.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

[QUOTE=trish;1063520]

I have no faith in men of faith. .

I think I understand.....what you're saying is for the 20 years Barry sat in The Rev. Wright's church, ( "He's like an Uncle") you were not the sycophant you are now. It was only after he threw him under the bus because of the political heat, and distanced himself from any church or faith that you became a " true believer"?

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I heard Christine Connolly turned Gingrich into a newt. He never got better

Mitt believes the Angel Moroni left Joe Smith 200 pounds of gold plates buried in the ground just outside Palmyra, NY. They were inscribed with what Joe, who had no knowledge of ancient languages, said was Egyptian. The plates were placed on a table. Joe put a special divining stone in a hat, buried his face in the hat and dictated the plates to an assistant. When the dictation was lost, Joe went through the procedure again, with somewhat different results! Still the result of that "translation" is called the book of Mormon. It difficult to believe that there were ever any adults who accepted this book as divine truth. Mitt is one of them.

I have no faith in men of faith. Then again, Mitt's not as zany as Newt.
    You mean Christine O'Donnell?
    I always thought she was kinda hot, Wouldn't mind checking out the orgies that her coven surely throws.

Anyway: The Angel Macaroni must've used disappearing gold, because the tablets didn't even make it to Missouri. Well that's the story anyway. I always wondered (always since 2 minutes ago) if the Mormon Brigade didn't just haul them down to Tiajuana, & blow it all in the local whorehouse. Mitt could probably go either way on that contentin.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

[quote=onmyknees;1063539]
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post

I have no faith in men of faith. .

I think I understand.....what you're saying is for the 20 years Barry sat in The Rev. Wright's church, ( "He's like an Uncle") you were not the sycophant you are now. It was only after he threw him under the bus because of the political heat, and distanced himself from any church or faith that you became a " true believer"?
    Wha..? Couldn't understand a word you posted. Try fixing some of those pronoun references and punctuate your phrasing. I'm sure it was a zinger and we all hate to miss it.

Last edited by trish; 12-16-2011 at 05:30 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    You mean Christine O'Donnell?
    I always thought she was kinda hot, Wouldn't mind checking out the orgies that her coven surely throws.

Anyway: The Angel Macaroni must've used disappearing gold, because the tablets didn't even make it to Missouri. Well that's the story anyway. I always wondered (always since 2 minutes ago) if the Mormon Brigade didn't just haul them down to Tiajuana, & blow it all in the local whorehouse. Mitt could probably go either way on that contentin.
    Yeah, Christine O'Donnell...the one who's not a witch.

Besides the Book of Mormon there's the Doctrine and Covenants which were revealed by the god of this planet at convenient moments in Joe's life. The god of the earth told him Mormon men should practice polygamy. When it finally became clear the LSD (oops! LDS) was never going to rise in political influence unless they ditched that particular revelation, God's word was expunged from Doctrine and Covenants.

Amazon.com: Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith (9780385509510): Jon Krakauer: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51aTAGmAgYL.@@AMEPARAM@@51aTAGmAgYL

a fascinating read.

Last edited by trish; 12-16-2011 at 05:45 AM.