Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Default A poll for the girls here

I was going through a thread recently and it brought up the subject of family acceptance, and it made me think about on this board among the girls how does your family treat you, as recognizing, accepting being trans?
    I'd like to dispell that stereotype

~I'm that chick you know~

Default Re: A poll for the girls here

Yeah...I got a pole for all the ladies on this forum!

Good luck with your thread, i hope there will be some positive answers from the ladies of acceptance by their families.

The Voluptuous Diva 5 Star Poster TSMichelleAustin's Avatar

My family is very very very supportive. But I didnt transition in front of them. I left to another state and transitioned and lived for 8yrs. I told them early in my transition and it took 3yrs for my father to come around but now I have the best family in the world. I dont get mad when I am called my birth name because I know its hard to change habits but they try and when around my husband they always call me by my girl name. They always refer to me as SHE and never he. They love me for me and I have educated them on the life. They now educate others too!

First Lady Junior Poster Mz.Brownsugah's Avatar

My immediate family accepts me 100%, till got some extended family members who refuse to acknowledge my transition. Doesn't bother me too much. I got a family of my own and thats what really matter to me.

My friends and family support me completly right from the start, the only person who is against it is my brothers and sister their father, and since hes nothing to me, i dont care either (i have a different father who i havent seen since i was 1)

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

My family hates me. I had to run away from home. Last year I went to visit other relatives in another state for the first time and to them I was a curiosity that needed to go back where I came from.

Anyways, I like being alone.

I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

My parents told me it was "ok if I was gay" by the time I was about 12. That's what they thought boys being feminine was all about. I told them I was glad, but I thought it was more complicated than that. I told my dad the thought of two men together, sexually, was NOT appealing to me. That confused him even more I think. lol

Around that time, I admitted to my mom that, yes, I did want to kiss boys and date them. She was more ok than my dad with that. lol My dad was willing to accept being "gay" in a DADT way. By the time I was 20, they could see that I was relentless about dressing as a girl. I mean, i ran away from home in my mid-teens. When I saw them again, they realized that they couldn't do much about it anyway. So they accepted me "dressing" up, but talking about getting tits always freaked my dad out.

When I went F/T and got my name legally changed, that probably fucked with their heads as bad as anything. Getting tits also did. There was about a 9 month period after the name change where we talked only 2 or 3 times. But they finally calmed down, admitted that they knew it was inevitable, and became the most supportive they were ever,and remained that way. My mom is like my best friend at this point. And my dad and I became closer than we ever were until he passed away. Everyone else in my family accepts me too. My one brother tho', who I never had a relationship with anyway, didn't accept it all until about 2 years ago. And it took him a year to explain it to his wife. Now we all get along just fine.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Actually my best friend since I was 15 and my mom are good friends too. My fiend, I'll talk about anything with. But my mom, I censor some things for. lol

Last edited by Nicole Dupre; 08-24-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsnajwa View Post
    I was going through a thread recently and it brought up the subject of family acceptance, and it made me think about on this board among the girls how does your family treat you, as recognizing, accepting being trans?
    I'd like to dispell that stereotype
    well i have 9 other brothers and sisters and im very well accepted as well as raising my two kids while in transition so yes i am one of the select few i quess.

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

i am closer to my family now than before ... proper daddies girl now lol ...i spend alot of time with my floks looking after my mum and stuff .... and watch movies with my dad and build stuff with him ..

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam