Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The bisexual man is no longer a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    Whoever said that the bisexual man was a myth, is an asshole. I agree that these labels are getting way out of hand. I have been bisexual for 40 years, and have known many bisexuals. They/we have never been a myth. I have always had an attraction to men and women alike. I don't recognise new labels like pansexual. Next someone will start calling themselves unisexual. If they like dogs, they will call themselves a K9sexual. If they like sheep, they would be a bahsexual......too many bull shit labels.

Bisexual is the proper word for those who like cock and pussy equally. If you are straight, you like the opposite sex. If you are homosexual, you like the same sex. If you are bisexual, you like both sexes. Like it or not, if you call yourself a pansexual, the truth is you are bisexual. If a bisexual likes men and women, it only stands to reason that a bisexual would really like a transsexual. You get the best of both sexes in one sweet package. You don't need a fourth category label to like TG's.

I am a proud bisexual that likes men, women, and TG's. Just be proud of what ever label you have, and don't worry about it.
    Sorry if I took your name in vain, Ineeda. On the more general point, I agree with you entirely. The obsession with labels drives me nuts too, and on HA it seems to operate like a knee-jerk defence mechanism to obscure an individual's own sexual identity insecurities and instead turn the spotlight on the next guy. Worst of all is the all too frequent and derisory labelling of someone you disagree with as a "faggot" or something similar. On this forum of all places, how can that label be bandied about as an insult? smh.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Sorry if I took your name in vain, Ineeda. On the more general point, I agree with you entirely. The obsession with labels drives me nuts too, and on HA it seems to operate like a knee-jerk defence mechanism to obscure an individual's own sexual identity insecurities and instead turn the spotlight on the next guy. Worst of all is the all too frequent and derisory labelling of someone you disagree with as a "faggot" or something similar. On this forum of all places, how can that label be bandied about as an insult? smh.
    I use the term "faggot" as a synonym for 'closeted coward'.

It's like the word "jerk". People say, "What a jerk!", but it says as much about the person assigning the label as it does about the person they put it on.

If I call someone a "faggot", you can just assume I'm speaking 'Tran-ese'. lol

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre View Post
    A few more labels doesn't hurt. People aren't just attracted to genitals. Accurate terms won't hurt anyone. A sexual act with a particular person is not sexuality. The REAL myth is the sexuality label. Unless you're sexuality aroused, the label is moot anyway. If you want labels, the more the merrier, as long as they make sense. But just having 2 or 3 is problematic. If a man says, ""I love this man. He's my husband." That's a homosexual relationship. But if that guy closes his eyes and gets head from a woman, his dick won't have a sexuality. lol Sexuality is actually fluid, not static, technically. I'm not attracted to women, but my penis will enjoy being in a mouth. That's just reality.
    Yeah I guess so. I am just tired of all the lables, and people finding it necessary to invent new ones to describe themselves. It seems that the only people who find a lable important, are those who are confused and need a lable to remind them of what they are. And if they are still confused, " HEY let's make up a new lable that sounds nicer and that I can live with". Or they are the stupid that don't understand us and use the lable like an insult or curse word. Like the guy who wears a pink tie at the office. His co-workers don't see a pink tie, they see a big sign that says, "I'M A FAG", even though he isn't. We really need to get over the lable hype.

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre View Post
    I use the term "faggot" as a synonym for 'closeted coward'.

It's like the word "jerk". People say, "What a jerk!", but it says as much about the person assigning the label as it does about the person they put it on.

If I call someone a "faggot", you can just assume I'm speaking 'Tran-ese'. lol
    That's fair, Nicole. I was thinking more of the way it's casually thrown about in guy-on-guy (see what I did there? ) disputes, whether it's here in General Discussion or even more irrelevantly over on the Politics section.

Wanker, fine. We all do it, after all.

But faggot? Do me a favour.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Sorry if I took your name in vain, Ineeda.
    No problem at all. I didn't see it that way. You were just dis-spelling the myth that bisexual men are a myth, and I am a perfect example of that.

A TGirl is very special.

The term "homosexual" was only invented in the early 20th century by some German dude. Before that, any sexual thought or act that wasn't in line with Abrahamic procreation dogma ie. "be fruitful and multiply" was being a "sodomite".

It's sorta like Dr Suess' "Star-Belly Sneetches"; some had stars on their bellies but some didn't. 'Divide and conquer' is all it amounts to these days.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

If it was me you were referring to in quotes "who cares" you misunderstood. My point was who cares what the labels are, not who cares what your sexuality is. And the only one that should care about that is you. There's an enormous difference in what I meant, and what you interpreted. Many of you think it's customary to walk around announcing your sexuality, and your sexual preferences, or somehow feel obligated to explain. I suppose I can understand that since many are in the sex industry but for those of us that aren't....it's a private matter. This forum is an anathema, in case you all hadn't noticed.lol My choices both in terms of partners and preferences are mine and mine alone, I don't kiss and tell,, I don't share the details of my encounters and I don't expect anyone else to volunteer that information to me. And I surely don't give a rats ass what anyone on here thinks, because I never discuss it. Or as Seinfeld said....'it's in the vault". I'm neither proud, nor ashamed of it...contrary to your contention. Similarly, I'm not compelled to discuss or disclose the things I saw, or did while overseas.

A secret, as you put it would seem to infer something you're ashamed of....and I'm not. There's a difference between privacy and secrecy. It is what it is...And in the course of friendships, business relationships, and everyday interaction, the subject never comes up....it comes up here because many are dealing with some sort of identity issues. I don't waste a minute thinking about how to identify myself, or what others might think. Maybe that's maturity, maybe it's my I don't give a fuck attitude. And the reflection on one's life in terms of being proud, has nothing to do with sex or sexuality. It has to do with your accomplishments in terms of your humanity, your family, and your friends, your sacrifices, and your contributions to society. And btw ..why should anyone put any credence into what Marcus Bachmann says ? It perplexes me that anyone would take time to not only quote him, but analyze him.... he's no more qualified to judge anyone than the shrinks on here HA. lol
    If you weren't directly referring to my post....then simply consider this a general post.

Senior Member Junior Poster ValerieNelson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ineeda SM View Post
    Yeah I guess so. I am just tired of all the lables, and people finding it necessary to invent new ones to describe themselves. It seems that the only people who find a lable important, are those who are confused and need a lable to remind them of what they are. And if they are still confused, " HEY let's make up a new lable that sounds nicer and that I can live with". Or they are the stupid that don't understand us and use the lable like an insult or curse word. Like the guy who wears a pink tie at the office. His co-workers don't see a pink tie, they see a big sign that says, "I'M A FAG", even though he isn't. We really need to get over the lable hype.
    I identify as Pansexual and feel it describes my orientation better than Bisexuality. Am I confused? No.

Give it time and there will be the "Pansexuality is no longer a myth," thread going.

XoXo
    Valerie

Here's the guy I was referring to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychop...athia_Sexualis

Quote Originally Posted by ValerieNelson View Post
    Give it time and there will be the "Pansexuality is no longer a myth," thread going.
    LMAO. I have no doubt.

BTW, Congrats on the new 34DD's. Looks great Valerie.

A TGirl is very special.