Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

I'm a liberal but this is a bullshit thread.

No war no armor

Junior Poster

Default Re: Pentagon: Better Armor Would Have Saved Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Johnson
    The two of you are political extremists yourself.
    Actually, not at all. I'm pretty much a moderate. I lean to the left on certain social issues and I am fairly conservative on most fiscal issues. I never vote straight down a party line. I try to look at each issue individually.

Since we are usually talking about social issues here on this board, I end up taking the more liberal view on a lot of things just to balance out the extreme right wing view you and a few others have. If a right wing, conservative republican says something outrageous, or just plain wrong you have to speak up and call them on it. You can't remain silent.

It's all about being fair and balanced.

You should try it!
    I thought we established that I was a moderate in an earlier thread. It may have even been you who said I was. I'm not sure.

Actually thanks for this post, it just helped me put my finger on what I find so terribly wrong on this board. The gay and transgender community generally supports the left since socially they are more open to that community's needs. On the other hand on this board there are individuals who tend to vote to the right, and some posters on here say, "What are you republicans doing on a ts board?", instead of saying to themselves, "hey, maybe we are gaining ground since not all conservatives are against us."

Instead, I just see those who fall to the right being called rednecks and pushed away from the social issues at hand faces your community.

PLEASE READ THIS NEXT LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to say all or any of the statements I made above apply to you. Your posts, from what I've seen, tend to make more sense than that. You just helped me put my finger on what I find askew here.

Professional Poster

How is hypocrisy "askew" Wtf are you smokin?

Are you a republican?

Do you support the current administration?

Do you support most if not all of the republican agenda?

If you answer yes to two or more of those questions your a great big fucking two-faced hypocrite to come here and post on a TRANSSEXUAL message board.....I would love to know what the rest of your republican friends would think of you if your passion for Tgirls with big cocks was made common knowledge amongst them....Its not even kindly recieved amongst democrats, but im betting you would be ROASTED.......

Hypocrisy is probably the thing i find most repellant in people. Possibly tying with being a two-faced traitor..

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder
    How is hypocrisy "askew" Wtf are you smokin?

Are you a republican?

Do you support the current administration?

Do you support most if not all of the republican agenda?

If you answer yes to two or more of those questions your a great big fucking two-faced hypocrite to come here and post on a TRANSSEXUAL message board.....I would love to know what the rest of your republican friends would think of you if your passion for Tgirls with big cocks was made common knowledge amongst them....Its not even kindly recieved amongst democrats, but im betting you would be ROASTED.......

Hypocrisy is probably the thing i find most repellant in people. Possibly tying with being a two-faced traitor..
    Yeah, your post is exactly what I'm talking about. Just because some one votes for a particular politician, or supports some of a particular administration's agenda, dosen't mean they subscribe to all of their philosophies.

I'm not being a hypocrite by posting here. People can have alternative ideas about sexuality and still support the right side of the political spectrum. You can bet that when the scale was developed it had nothing to do with being gay. I think, if I'm not mistaken, it came about during the French revolution.

You are close minded based on that post.

Professional Poster

Ahh okay....So you hand me some bullshit sophistry in defence of your hypocrisy??? Did you answer yes to two of those questions???

And YOUR post is exactly what IM talking about....

Go tell your bullshit to some wavering democrat with much less IQ then I have.

Junior Poster

Am I a republican? No, I'm listed as unaffiliated.

Do I support the current administration? Since I voted for the current administration in both elections they won, I'd have to say yes. However, I don't support their stance on everything. I don't agree with their stance on same sex marriage, or their stance on abortion. In general you can say any of their religiously motivated postions I do not support.

Do I support most if not all of the republican agenda? Well, as I stated above concerning same sex marriage, and abortion no I don't support that agenda or any other religiously motivated agenda. Things like prayer in school and all that nonsense are not the types of things I endorse.

I do support the war in Iraq, and all of this administrations foreign policy agenda. Note that this has nothing to do with anyone's sexuality.

I do support the republican agenda concerning all things financial, like welfare, social security, etc... Again I'll point out that this is not an issue of sexual oppression in any way.

I do support the republican parties general stance on my right to keep and bear arms. Last time I checked this had nothing to do with who likes to suck what.....

One last thing I'd like to say, the friends I keep are so diverse that some would have an issue with my interest in transexuals, but most would not. Infact, my wife is quite liberal. The fact that we have very differing views on many issues dosen't stop us from having a wonderful marriage. And yes, she knows about my love of t-girls. I'm just not the kind of person that makes friends based on people's political ideals. I find people a lot more multifaceted than just how they view government in the civilized world.

So, I'd like you to point out to me, based on my answers to your questions how I'm a hypocrite for posting on this board.

Junior Poster

One other thing I'd like to point out. My interest in some of the political threads that take place here has little to do with the point counterpoint of this is what my side says and your side is wrong. My motivation for joining these threads is to dispell the ideas a lot of you have about those of us not as far to the left.

To push people away from your community by calling them hypocrites and rednecks because of the way they vote is really doing your community a disservice. I'd like to say "our" community but many of you refuse to accept me for who I am. Which is quite ironic considering the struggle with acceptance that people with any sort of alternative sexuality face.

As a community you can either embrace people who are different and accept them for who they are, or you can discriminate against them and ostracize them because they don't fit your mold.

It's your choice, but discrimination is discrimination. Just take a look at yourselves and make sure you aren't the pot calling the kettle black.

Don't put all of us who have more conservative views in the same box. Take it on a case by case basis. Generalization is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Johnson
    As a community you can either embrace people who are different and accept them for who they are, or you can discriminate against them and ostracize them because they don't fit your mold
    Does your chosen political community embrace difference? I can't believe you are claiming victim status here LOL Do you really feel discriminated against when people call you on your personal hypocrisy? You can say all the things about the Republicans you like, but it won't change that they are the ones who fully and zealously work to perpetuate discrimination against gays and transgenders.

I'm sorry, but claiming you are being discriminated against here for being a Republican is too much like killing your parents and then expecting leniency because you are an orphan.

FK

Junior Poster

I never said I was a republican.

Let me ask you a question. Do you whole heartedly support the political ideals of everyone or everyparty you place a vote for?

If I don't support their zealous work to perpetuate discrimination against gays and transgenders, how can I be a hypocrite? (I'll also add that this is a generalization, and not true of all members of the republican party.)

By the way, generalizing the way you do is a form of discrimination rather you care to admit that or not.

I can say with out a doubt, I conduct my life in a manner that is accepting of all people. I believe all people have a right to live life however they see fit. Which is all I ask of everyone concerning my own life.

You'll also notice that I never refer to anyone offering differing views than my own with derogatory "buzz words". I find those to be tools of discrimination as well.

Sweetie, of course I don't agree with everything the Democratic party stands for. I'm a free thinker with strong libertarian leanings. The difference is that my supporting Democratic politicians isn't supporting discriminatory policies. Those are built into the Republican agenda. When you support a Republican just for his Second Amendment views, he takes your support and vote as absolute. Do you really think he cares about your nuanced views? No, he claims your vote as a mandate for all his extremist policies. If I support a Democrat for her pro-choice or gay rights views, maybe I might not care for her position on a "guns or butter" type issue. But at least I know my core values are being represented and advanced.

The true meaning of discrimination is to make a distinction. I admit wholeheartedly to that. I'm drawing a distinction between a party that is opposed to individual choice and liberty and one that that supports it. You are conflating my pointing out your inconsistent and hypocritical political viewpoint with invidious discrimination. That is, to make a distinction between people on the basis of class or category without regard to individual merit. Thats wrongful discrimination. I don't know you as a person. Since you are anonymous and only relate to this world on the downlow, I never will.

The old saying is "By his acts, ye shall know him". You are being judged on your admitted actions. If you don't like the verdict here, imagine what it would be if you tried to make this case to a jury of your Repubican party peers.

FK