Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floods

Default Floods

So...

While I was getting my willy wonked by a nice gurl in the city one of the cats was ass-dialing the faucet on the kitchen sink and leaving me with three days of overflowing hot water, steam, and attendant destruction upon my return.

The first contractor has left an industrial sized dehumidifier in my kitchen and the house smells like a paper mill. Estimated damage: About $10k. They left about two hours ago, complaining of flea bites, and will be bombing the house in the morning.

The question to the masses:

What's the most damage that a little pussy has caused you?

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Putting the "F-U" in fun! Professional Poster Bobby Domino's Avatar

Default Re: Floods

Jeez, sorry to hear about that. You've set the bar quite high, good sir. I did mistake crabs for beauty marks. It took a couple months to realize why I was scratching down there; however, I was told this story by a friend of mine a couple years back.

This guy had his leg in a cast and wanted to get a bit randy. Not wanting the call-girl to be inside his residence, he went to a hotel. Never having been with a pro before he was nervous and had some alcohol & swallowed a few extra pain-killers as he waited for her to come to his room. She came, everything went as planned and she left. Before going to sleep he went to the bathroom where he slipped, hit his head on the toilet and passed out. He didn't wake up until the next morning when house-keeping found him naked on the bathroom floor. He couldn't feel the leg that was in the cast so he was rushed to the hospital. The doctors told him that when he hit the floor his leg was twisted in such a way that it lost circulation for many hours. The only option they had was to amputate.

Thousands of Dollars!!!

Senior Member Junior Poster

I was banging my gf at the time in the passenger seat of my car, and she had her feet on the windshield, at one point she pushed out with her feet and busted the windshield....couple hundred bucks, when I heard it go I was like "Damn!"... But it wasn't enough to keep me from finishing.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I had some of my artwork destroyed in a flood almost 2 yrs ago. It sucks. I feel your pain.

My cat occasionally sits on my Crackberry, and accidentally makes calls. He also sits on my keyboard every once in a while, and makes my laptop freeze.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Holy shit!
    If that happened to me, i'm thinking there'd be a new catellite in orbit!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

5 Star Poster

that sucks!!! I had a flood in my basement that was carpeted... Tried to dry it out after a few days smelled like mold and had to rip up 1000 square feet of carpet

Texas Lady Junior Poster Brandi Boots's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Floods

Quote Originally Posted by Devilboy View Post
    I was banging my gf at the time in the passenger seat of my car, and she had her feet on the windshield, at one point she pushed out with her feet and busted the windshield....couple hundred bucks, when I heard it go I was like "Damn!"... But it wasn't enough to keep me from finishing.
    Now thats the kind of dedication we are lookin' for!

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Holy shit!
    If that happened to me, i'm thinking there'd be a new catellite in orbit!
    Heh @ Catellite. The cat has been quite remorseful, especially as we are all homeless today because I had to bomb the house before the contractors would do any more work (The heat and humidity brought the fleas out en masse). They will be back tomorrow afternoon to continue cleanup and start demolition.

Yah, demolition.

They've condemned the cabinets which are made of what they call Wuzwood ("At some point it wuz wood, but now it's something else") and will be pulling up the floor tiles, underfloor, insulation and the basement ceiling. All saturated. When I got up this morning I saw a chunk of the ceiling in the next room sagging from the humidity, so that will be next. Industrial fans and dehumidifiers are running to get the bulk of the moisture down to where they can just finish up with mops.

Tomorrow the phone people come. Assuming that they aren't on a picket line somewhere.

Dinner at Hooters. I guess there really is a silver lining.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Square peg, round hole Professional Poster iamdrgonzo's Avatar

Will insurance cover the damages?

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson