Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default Re: what went wrong in the UK and how do they fix it

i "think"the guy that was shot was very well known to the plods and i think he was armed and the operation went pear shaped and all the wankers went rioting as they do.correct me if i'm wrong?

live with honour

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Okay, I think I see what's happening now. Until today, I had no idea what started all this. Apparently, the catalyst was a police shooting? Nobody bothered to mention it because ... What? It's not relevant? The barrage of socio-psycho-babble has it's place in explaining the buildup of pressure, but the perception of violent police misconduct is the trigger for riots most of the time.

As RobertLouis has pointed out, a man called Mark Duggan had been arrested in Tottenham, and then shot dead. At the time we told lies in the same way that we were lied to by the police when Jean Charles de Menezes, an innocent Brazilian was shot dead on the London underground shortly after the bombings in 2007.

Mark Duggan left home with a gun in a sock, in other words he had it on him, and if he was arrested soon after leaving home, it suggests there had been a tip-off, or he was under surveillance. But the gun was concealed, and there is now no evidence that in the police car he managed to get it out, release the safety catch and fire. However -or so we are told- in a verbal altercation with one of the coppers he did click his fingers together in a mock trigger action, whereupon he was shot dead. His wife claims her ex-husband is a 'good man', a 'good father' and so on.

So far I think only one paper has pointed out Duggan's ('White') mother is the sister of the late head of a notorious Manchester crime family called Desmond Noonan -Duggan's uncle was shot dead in a gangland feud over drugs in the 1990s. Mark Duggan used to travel to Manchester to baby-sit for his uncle. When the looting was filmed in Manchester, Desmond's younger brother was filmed chatting to looters holding stolen goods and appearing to wave them in a certain direction. The shooting raises the most obvious question: why shoot a man dead when he is already in custody? Why was Duggan in possession of a gun? The man himself, Duggan, may not have been a saint, and the links to the Noonans and the looting in Manchester is probably concidental (Dessie Noonan claimed they ran Manchester, that they were bigger there than the police), but as we are all innocent until proven guilty Duggan also had rights.

It is actually more depressing than most people think -Tottenham was in a bad state in the 1980s when Broadwater Farm exploded following the death of a middle-aged black woman after her home was raided by the police on mistaken information. Tremendous efforts were made to repair police-community relations, and over the years most people thought that the worst of it was over. If Duggan was a petty crook or drug dealer or just a nice dad without a job, it suggests that the fundamental problem remains: what to do with young men who don't have a job or don't fit into 'boring', 'normal' jobs? Welfare can only go so far to bandage a wound; the fundamentals have not changed.

5 Star Poster

back in the late eighties the cops used to wait for the crims to rob banks,7 elevens and shoot them this dropped the crime rate by 70 per cent but it was found that the cops were shooting the crims without them drawing their guns.this squad was disbanded= business as usual and crime went back to normal levels

live with honour

Senior Member Platinum Poster

But then of course the Melbourne police have never, as it were, found themselves on the other side of the line taking dollars from the Morans or whoever else is runnign the show down there...

5 Star Poster

i don't know but the squad that killed so many bank robbers was disbanded

live with honour

5 Star Poster

it's all a game police and thieves and courts to make money at the expense of ordinary people

live with honour

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    i don't know but the squad that killed so many bank robbers was disbanded
    You told us why. They killed suspects before there was a threat of violence. Disbanded=fewer murders committed in your name.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

bank robberies back to higher levels and the ordinary people suffer

live with honour

If there's so many bank robberies in one city that quantitative changes are immediately noticable by the general public, then there's a much bigger problem than bank robberies.

Maybe it's time to take a closer look at caste segregation in the eurocentric world.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    If there's so many bank robberies in one city that quantitative changes are immediately noticable by the general public, then there's a much bigger problem than bank robberies.

Maybe it's time to take a closer look at caste segregation in the eurocentric world.
    wow stone the crows sport, that's so deep and meaning full ,it's got me fucked what you said

live with honour