Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: what went wrong in the UK and how do they fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I'm sure they have their own personal story that provides some explanation of why they are where they are. But, do you forgive them and send them back to live off the decent or separate them from society and incarcerate them?

For me Dino makes this is absolutely key point, because with the worst individuals, the ones who rammed a car against three young men and killed them; the person or persons who killed a man remonstrating with them for setting a dustbin alight; and the youths who first stole a bicycle from a Malaysian student, then broke his jaw, and then the others who robbed him while 'helping' him to his feet -with people like this for whom life and property has no value, do you use some kind of state-sponsored, ie welfare programme to help them adjust, or do you lock them up and throw the key away?

The hardest thing about it, if you dig deep into the most severe cases but which probably applies to many others, is that what is most absent in their lives, since they were babies, is love. Rehabilitation, it seems, must begin with the heart, many of these people need to love themselves before they can relate to anyone else and understand how beautiful it can be to be alive. It is not a lot to ask, but probably too much to ask, that people realise that it is love that is absent from these lives that were wrecked before they were 7 years old; and then find a way of bringing them to it. Either it is worth something to society to make an effort to reach them; or, as I say, you throw them away. Some will never change, and I guess they die young or spend most of their adult life in prison; but if you can save a few, show them a different way of living, isn't that worth something morally, as well as being a better way of spending tax-payer's money?
    I'll save those whom I can once I've protected you. I'm familiar with your way of thinking. It's very commendable. In this country we have babies making babies. I'm one Conservative that is definitely pro-Choice. You get generation after generation of crap and no one or anything is sacred anymore. I'd love to rehabilitate people but those that are complete losses must be punished and separated from polite society. You have rights too. I'll fight for you even if you fight me while I'm doing it. Neither one of us is bad here.

5 Star Poster

next time the plod's should not be such a bunch p.c wimps and this sort of thing wont happen .i know it's not the plod's fault it's their political do gooding masters

live with honour

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    next time the plod's should not be such a bunch p.c wimps and this sort of thing wont happen .i know it's not the plod's fault it's their political do gooding masters
    Russ, these guys are our friends too. I might be disappointed with the system but I'd spill blood for the people. They would do it for me. The Israelis might be our allies but Great Britain is our best friend.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    I've admired your intellect and your principles since I first joined HA, Trish. This post makes me admire you all the more as a person too.
    Nice of you to say so. I must confess that since you, Stavros and Prospero have joined up I've been dissatisfied with my inability at times to maintain my cool and with my tendency to respond to trolls. But thanks for the morale boost and the good example.

And thanks Dino for insisting I'm a good woman, whatever good means. I'm only trying to live up to your expectations.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Nice of you to say so. I must confess that since you, Stavros and Prospero have joined up I've been dissatisfied with my inability at times to maintain my cool and with my tendency to respond to trolls. But thanks for the morale boost and the good example.

And thanks Dino for insisting I'm a good woman, whatever good means. I'm only trying to live up to your expectations.
    We'd better put a rapid stop to this being nice to each other schtick, Trish. I mean, this is the Politics and Religion section after all!

I try to ignore the trolls, but I will call anyone out for being crass, discourteous or just plain nasty.

And sincere congratulations for everything that you've come through - I have good friends here in the UK that I've known before, through and since transition, and my respect and admiration for you and your sisters knows no bounds.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Geez Louise, lady. Take a compliment why don't 'ya. That's the way it was intended. I might sexually harass you but I've never been mean to you.

Now it's time to bend you over your soapbox.

5 Star Poster

the political masters of Britain either left or right need to be bent over for a very hard shafting with a fucking machine with chilli on the end

live with honour

the political masters of Britain either left or right need to be bent over for a very hard shafting with a fucking machine with chilli on the end
    What exactly brings you to that conclusion Russ?

5 Star Poster

because they have rooted the UK with their self serving politics just like the ones in Aussie

live with honour

because they have rooted the UK with their self serving politics just like the ones in Aussie
    If you mean they've benefited from the expenses scandal and therefore lost any right to preach to the rest of us about criminality, you're spot on mate!

I guess that's more or less exactly the point that the blogger was making in Ben's David Cameron thread.