Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Default Re: Thoughts about trans support groups?

Quote Originally Posted by rileyk View Post
    I've had mixed experiences at transsupport groups. I generally find the *more* exclusive they are, the better. Here in NYC there's a FtM group, a MtF group, groups for S.O.'s of both, and even genderqueer groups, of course you need a serious populace for that to make sense. When you have a wide gender spectrum, nothing really gets accomplished and most of the meeting is spent clarifying things and trying not to offend eachother, diversity works better for things like leadership conferences, not for support.

I've had similar experiences coming out as a sex-worker in groups, I've gotten dissed by half the room, and curious excitement from the other half. In my hometown we had smaller MtF groups, filled with pre-everything and medically transitioning middle aged men, it was kinda sad there were felons and some broken people who would talk forever, most of the girls constantly fawned over how they wished they would have transitioned at my age, you're so pretty etc, i didn't feel comfortable, safe or supported.

I think now I would be more prone to reaching out and trying to help, but when I was younger i just turned tail and ran. I generally like the meetings after transgroups, where all the folks goto a diner or something, a relaxed environment.

I wouldnt get too discouraged, sometimes groups are very different week to week, and not all groups suck, i've been to some great discussions and met really cool girls. Good luck!
    ^ This.

~BB~

I stopped going to my trans group in nyc when a transvestite sat across from me. Spread their legs open wearing a skirt with no underwear.

Being in NYC we get everybody coming to our group and that includes the people we wouldn't be caught dead with.

oh and some gals don't even shave before walking outside in a dress and a wig.

Senior Member Professional Poster

[quote=Nicole Dupre;985887]
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    You have a track record for being less than forthcoming. And you have your face plastered all over the internet, yet you bitch about this supposedly important job you have. You made videos for "other TS", but you're not even F/T. And you fucking blamed ME for catching on. So get a fucking life. You throw up red flags constantly.

And maybe it was an accusation. But you have a habit of peeing on peoples' backs and blaming Obama for everything that's wrong with the world. Your political "views" are filled with pure bullshit. Just admit that you don't like black people, and be honest for two seconds. Because when it comes to analyzing politics and world events, you're no fucking scholar. You just talk a lot of shit.
    Again you are on record that your hate and rage for me revlove around my politics. Look I work for several African Americans in my own party and have no ill will towards any race. I do however a healthy disrespect for liberal B.S

Quote Originally Posted by TempestTS View Post
    Trans support groups are not for me... after being prodded by a number of people to at least go and see what it was like I went to one... wow...

A bunch of TG wannabe's with a few TV's, assorted confused gay men and cross dressers thrown in all sitting around a room conversing about how hard and challenging everything is and how they cant do this and they cant do that... Ive never seen so much self limiting in my life...

I tried to be supportive, I tried to be nice... I had over 2 hours to go before the thing was over with.

Then somebody got up and sang a "song" about what it means to be feminine, next I was assaulted with some of the worst poetry reading I can recall since Junior High, followed by someone telling the story of their journey that seemed for one reason or another was really focused on what her Cat thought of her... No Im not kidding.

Then came the first break... coffee, smokes... and me slipping quietly out the side door feeling slightly bad but much more relieved that I had won my freedom without walking out in of everyone and managed to spare their feelings.

Honestly I dont see how any of that could do anything positive for anyone, I recognize there may be a need for support groups but I would say this one and many like it were clearly Not It, I felt mentally scarred just from the first hour surrounded by that much dysfunction...

Your mileage may vary.
    Kind of how I felt the other day, just out of place.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I don't hate anyone, you lying sack of sissy shit.

"On record"... *smfh

You're "on record" for looking like a fat hippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre View Post
    I don't hate anyone, you lying sack of sissy shit.

UGGG...I took that 2 1/2 years ago before hormones and when I was just corssdressing.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissBStar View Post
    I stopped going to my trans group in nyc when a transvestite sat across from me. Spread their legs open wearing a skirt with no underwear.

Being in NYC we get everybody coming to our group and that includes the people we wouldn't be caught dead with.

oh and some gals don't even shave before walking outside in a dress and a wig.

Ummmm Miss Star...that part about the TV spreading her legs with nothing holding him back...can you get more specific ? I'm sure there's a few dudes on here that might find it helpful to show up at the next meeting ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre View Post
    "On record"... *smfh

You're "on record" for looking like a fat hippy.
    Two can play this game babe.

What the hell did you do to your face between your prolie pic and this??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nicole.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	413797  

You can "play" any game you want, and post as many of them as you want. I love what I've accomplished. lol

Let's face it. I looked better than you 5 yrs ago just sitting around my bedroom when a friend snapped a random pic, and I look better than you now. I'll always look better than you. You'll never pass.