Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by speck
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS
    Let me ask you, if you don't support any political parties, do you vote?
    I don't think you read his post....or at least you ignored parts of it.
    Opps... sorry. I did read his post, a few times, but when I was writing my reply I must have forgotten that part. I didn't ignore it.

Sorry.

Junior Poster

When I said I don't support any particular political parties, I meant exclusively. In other words I don't endorse the republican party even though I vote for a lot of them. I just don't put my stock in a party, but rather individuals instead.

“Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.”

Winston Churchill

Voting for the individual is the same as voting for the party. Even if they don't hold the party's view, they are still beholden to them, and will more often than not, prove Mr Churchill true.

FK

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Voting for the individual is the same as voting for the party. Even if they don't hold the party's view, they are still beholden to them, and will more often than not, prove Mr Churchill true.

FK
    It's not the same as voting for the party if you don't vote straight across party lines. Remeber checks and balances?

Opposite opinions can help people arrive somewhere in the middle. Instead of sliding to far to one side or the other.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt

FK
    It's not the same as voting for the party if you don't vote straight across party lines. Remeber checks and balances?

Opposite opinions can help people arrive somewhere in the middle. Instead of sliding to far to one side or the other.

So why don't you just say you're a Moderate. That would have saved a lot of time.

Junior Poster

It's not even that cut and dry for me, and I don't really think it is for most. I've seen soooooooo many threads on here saying the left is so blah blah blah, and others saying the right is so blah blah blah.

I just felt like throwing a different perspective out there.