Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Bad things happening in London

Sorry to joke. It's actually pretty nauseating.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Humour is crucial sometimes. No probs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre View Post
    Doesn't this stuff happen all the time at soccer games in all of those areas anyway? You guys should just have a few quick football games, and see if you can trap them all in a few stadiums.
    Nicole the football season (premiership) is due to kick of this weekend in UK plus England have got a friendly game due. They are now talking about postponing a lot of the games due in part because the police can do without the extra hassle as they are already stretched.

One big issue here is lack of respect. When I was a kid, and even today you feared a copper. When I was a kid at our local football ground there was a copper, a big old guy and he would parade amongst the terraces and if anyone was out for trouble he would take them out the back and have a quiet word with them, so to speak. I'm not saying that police brutality is to be encouraged but sometimes a clip around the year does gain respect.

The youth now blatantly stick their fingers up at the police and shout abuse in the safety that they know they can get away with it. When I was a kid I knew who my parents were and I would respect them and the family unit. The problem in Britain and worldwide I believe is that there are so many ferral kids from unknown backgrounds who have never been bought up in a safe family haven that this is where the contempt starts.

The other underlying thing with these riots is that there are so many kids out there involved with this who are quite frankly not very bright. I heard one of them shouting at a reporter that it was there way of getting some of their taxes back. Fuck off I don't suppose for one minute this individual had even paid any tax other than a bit of VAT on drink & fags.

A lot of these thugs just want an excuse for a night out and a good old tear up to get some free trainers & TV's and just make a nuisance of themselves for the sake of it. Ignorant fucks!!

I heard a kid being interviewed. He boasted about stealing stuff and the reporter asked him how he'd feel if his own home was trashed and he said he'd be outraged. No joining up of any dots here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    I heard a kid being interviewed. He boasted about stealing stuff and the reporter asked him how he'd feel if his own home was trashed and he said he'd be outraged. No joining up of any dots here.
    Any inquest has to look into underlying causes, including social deprivation etc, and the appropriate action taken. But it is really hard right now to feel anything but anger and contempt for these little fuckers.

Punish now, rehabilitate later.

Fuck, I sound like David Cameron. Without the accent, obviously.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Amusing to see the spluttering Ed sec last night on Newsnight sounding like Colonel Blimp though. Its all sturm und drang to the Tories - hit em with a bigger stick and it'll all be over It's got to be put down hard - but afterwards, later, there HAS to be some deep thinking about why it happened. Or it will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Amusing to see the spluttering Ed sec last night on Newsnight sounding like Colonel Blimp though. Its all sturm und drang to the Tories - hit em with a bigger stick and it'll all be over It's got to be put down hard - but afterwards, later, there HAS to be some deep thinking about why it happened. Or it will happen again.
    Yep, and probably in the already overcrowded prisons - another powder keg.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

5 Star Poster

or let this thing go on happening until society snaps and their are some very very harsh punishments for the offenders actions .these riots if not checked could mean the reshaping of society's laws and what is tolerated

live with honour

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Sorry Yvonne - adding guns to the riots would have helped somehow? SMH.
    If you would have read my other post on this thread there you will see I gave an example on how guns would have helped. if you don't want to go back and read it I will say it again.

When I lived in the Bronx there was a blackout and looting in 1977. Many stores were destroyed by the thugs. But some store owners, especially those owners along Westchester Ave, Arthur Ave, Took shotguns and stood or sat in chairs in front of their stores. The shotguns were never used but these stores were not attacked by the thugs

You English have every right to run your country the way you want, if that means no one can own guns, so be it. But I just gave you an example on how guns do protect. You can give many examples of the horrors of guns but guns do protect people.

You have just witnessed how helpless your police are when an emergency arises, it takes days before they can react. It is very similar here in the US in some places like Baltimore, the police aren't always able to answer a call for help and that is not under a riot condition. Here in the US the police are an "after the fact" force. they are no way able to protect anyone in an emergency, the people have to do it themselves or they will be harmed or die.

So, all you English, get out your brooms and clean the mess that the thugs created,, that'll show the thugs that you guys mean business, ha ha ha

Last edited by Yvonne183; 08-10-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

5 Star Poster

Yvonne for general of the tgirl army

live with honour