Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Australia should pull out of Afghanistan

Those are quite different sentiments than "should of cleaned the place with naipon." If hatred is the reason you use to end a war, it can just as easily be used to start one. I happen to agree that the Afghan war is a waste of lives and money. Australia would do well to step out it. But why assume Afghans are all filthy, why refuse to help the immigrants from a war that you helped start and why for God's sake napalm them all???

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

THESE PEOPLE ARE SCUM WE DON'T NEED IN aUSTRALIA

live with honour

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    THESE PEOPLE ARE SCUM WE DON'T NEED IN aUSTRALIA
    I just remember I haven't seen Romper Stomper for almost 2 weeks. Thanks Russ.

5 Star Poster

the guy used to drink at a pub i went to when i was a younger

live with honour

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    the guy used to drink at a pub i went to when i was a younger
    I've jerked off to the epileptic chick a few times. She has a full seizure in my fantasy.

2 can play that game Dino

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

russtafa -there is no doubt that Afghanistan was being used by some Jihadis to train them in suicide missions; but it was happening in Pakistan as well; just as years ago members of the Provisional IRA used to get training in Lebanon, as did many other 'guerrillas'. Australia also has its 'special forces' who presumably train in a wilderness near you, so location is a slippery issue -there were elements of the Taliban and a lot of Afghans in 2001 who were fed up with the 'Mujahideen' -locally referred to as Arabi and loathed because they were had more money to play with guns and pretend to be heroes than most local people had, and treated them like peasants -at some point these camps and the Arabi would have been thrown out, but it was pre-empted by the Anglo-American bombing raids in late 2001/early 2002 after which Tony Blair crowed about how successful drastic military action had been. The core issue anyway is the belief by a fringe element of Muslims that Jihad is violence against the Kaffir, there are nutters all over the world who think killing is an achievement (some of them in government), Australia has, relatively speaking, been spared the worst of it; blind prejudice against Muslims in Australia, most of whom want to live a quiet life and not blow themselves up in pizza parlours or bars, is more likely to create a Jihadist, on that basis cooperation rather than confrontation is likely to be more successful.

5 Star Poster

we have our share of mussie dickheads in Auss

live with honour

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    With the greatest of respect, Russtafa, I don't think it will make much difference to Afghanistan if Australian troops go home; you will at least save lives and money; and there are other ways of tackling extemist politics, whether or not its threat to Australia is at home or targeted at Australians abroad.
    Yea, there are other ways of tackling extremist politics,, just bomb them from the air like the UK and France are doing to Libya. Hypocrites.

I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Hmmm, Yvonne -the point I was trying to make, without writing an essay on it, is that it is possible to prevent extremism from taking root in the first place -setting an alternative agenda, rather than allowing extremists to set it -because when you are dealing with people whose primary discourse is in violence, it is tempting to use violence against them: but that is to descend to their level, and as we have seen for centuries, it doesn't work. We were told in 2002 that Afghanistan was a success -Tony Blair crowed about it in the House of Commons: the Taliban were out of government, al-Qaeda on the run, and so on. Here we are, 10 years later, fighting the same war. People have options, but if those options shrink and violence is encouraged it can have devastating conseqences, Somalia being an obvious one. It is not an easy option and takes time, but if people, particularly young people, are given a stake in their society, a feeling of belonging and necessity, asking them to smash it up will not appeal. What, after all, have riots in Watts or Detroit or Chicago achieved? Nothing really, after the smoke cleared, people had to find ways to live from one day to the next. Be positive, because there are positive solutions to every situation.