Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428287888990919293 LastLast
    Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Default Re: Bloody Football!

I'd be happy to let Chelsea have Brendan Rodgers. Ol Bodgers may have had a decent win record, but he can't manage players, and can't manage a game when he gets down. He will let his squad get down by 2 goals, and wait until the 75th minute to do something. It was very strange.

I shouldn't make predictions either. I'll just say, as long as my Liverpool make the Top 5 this year, I'll be happy. Half the year was wasted on Rodgers. We're not too far back right now, but January is going to be a rough month for my Reds.

I was surprised as well by it. There were a lot of injuries, and let's be honest, I think Costa is a bit of a cancer to a locker room. He's a new model Mario Balotelli, with his issues staying on the field. I would have thought keeping the manager that got you the title, and getting rid of the attitude problems would have been the better option. Especially this close to the transfer window. it didn't make a lot of sense. Real Madrid would be funny, it would the second time in 3 years he will be replacing Rafa. LOL. I know he'd never come the USA, but I'd really love Jose to manage the American Outlaws. It would be a great thing for the USA. never happen though.

Pep, in the short term, I'd worry about him at Manchester (either) as he could rebuild them. But he never stays anywhere for the long term. (The Daily Fail just said he was a shock candidate to replace Wenger at Arsenal too.) 4 years at Barca, not including the B team, and only a couple at Bayern. If you were a Manchester Fan, you'd just get used to him being there, and then he'd be ready to move on. Klopp will at least give you 7 years. And by then he'd have moved them over to a style of play which isn't really the English style. I used to like watching Bayern. It's so boring now. I can't imagine that sitting well long term with fans who are used to the English game. But, he wins, and when he leaves, the teams tend to keep doing well. so I guess there's that. if he goes to ManU, he's got a lot of things to fix. Arsenal just needs some additional pieces and a few upgrades, but holy smokes United is looking old. (Except maybe Martial). I think I'd go the City route if I were Pep, but then again, that's why he's a manager and I'm an unemployed lawyer.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Jus wookin puh nub.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Candidates to replace Mourinho.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35125699

Where he might go next.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35125720

Your points about Pep are interesting as I hadn't thought about him in that way before. Annoyingly I can't now find the article (also from the bbc) which claimed his preference was for Man U. It also outlined his plan to manage Brazil in the 2022 World cup (and presumably the qualifiers prior to that).

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Brendan Rodgers is like a woman...... he's very good at spending all your money!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Brendan Rodgers is like a woman...... he's very good at spending all your money!
    And not giving you anything that makes you happy, in return for spending it.
    YNWA

Jus wookin puh nub.

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    Candidates to replace Mourinho.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35125699

Where he might go next.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35125720

Your points about Pep are interesting as I hadn't thought about him in that way before. Annoyingly I can't now find the article (also from the bbc) which claimed his preference was for Man U. It also outlined his plan to manage Brazil in the 2022 World cup (and presumably the qualifiers prior to that).
    Forgot about Ramos still being out there. Now that would be a good fit, and a really interesting choice. He built a really good defensive unit at Madrid. In any other league he would have won consistently with that team, if not for Barcelona's spending and owning most of the top level strikers in football. Simeone, I was hoping either him or Klopp would go to Anfield. Now that we have Klopp, I am really hopeful Simeone stays in Spain. Another excellent manager, and I really don't want to see him there. He can build a team out of nothing, and do it cheaply. I'd hate to see what he could do with Russian cash.

I saw the Pep article, no worries. As we approach the winter silly season, I spend a lot of time on NewsNow looking at Liverpool Transfer rumors, and a lot of our targets would seem to prefer a move to U, if Pep decides to go there.

Brazil would be a good move for Jose, and Brazil. I think he'd improve Coutinho and Firmino, and after the past year, Brazil could use a lot of improvement.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Veteran Poster

Speaking of bloody football, it's great to have a team back in Los Angeles for the first time in 21 years. The Rams are LA's team. Hopefully the Chargers stay in San Diego because they are SD's team.

Holy Smokes! How about that England win over Germany! That Vardy goal was one for the ages.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Scored against Holland as well, Hodgson has to take Vardy, along with Kane to the Euro's now. Rooney will be there as well, which leaves Hodson choosing between Sturridge, Wellbeck, Sterling and Walcott for the other forwards place in the squad. Though a couple of those could take midfield places instead.

You've got to feel sorry for Butland though, superb all season and a fractured ankle ruins both his game against Germany and his oppertunity to go to the Euro's.

ps. I still think Vardy's volley against Liverpool was better. You may not want to watch this (again)...

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    You may not want to watch this (again)...
    Yeah..... I really didn't want to see that again.

On the good side, Roy can stop breaking Daniel Sturridge now!

Jus wookin puh nub.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferParisHusband View Post
    Yeah..... I really didn't want to see that again.

On the good side, Roy can stop breaking Daniel Sturridge now!
    I don't know if you heard the rumour that PSG are considering a £50 million bid for Sturridge to replace Ibrahimovic. Probably no more than newspaper gossip, although PSG will be looking for a big name striker over the summer, I'm not sure that Sturridge fits the bill though.