Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
    Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Default Re: Bloody Football!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    It has been an unpredictable season, even if one of the top four clubs won in the end. I don't think anyone expected Manchester United to perform so badly, and at one time it looked as if Arsenal were going to contest the title. Indeed, had they maintained a full first team with players like Wilshere, Ramsay, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott, they might even be champions, but their harsh training regime and injuries also means England are without an influential player, and Wenger takes his side to the FA Cup when in theory he could be on the way out, and next season I think will be his last.

Liverpool were the outstanding team, playing some of the finest attacking football we have seen in years, but as everyone knows, and as Skrtel's own goal exposed, their defence is not good enough. Suarez redeemed himself in the best possible way, but may only stay for one more season, hard to know.

Yaya Toure is the best player in the league, I think that is beyond doubt. The question over City is whether or not they will fall foul of the Fair Play rules, but as most of the players who won today have now been there for some years, I think it shows they are developing a tight unit that will be in the top four next year, while Pellegrini is a softly-spoken, non-controversial manager who gets things done. I don't know what it is, but I always feel there is something lacking in City which Manchester United, Arsenal, and Liverpool have -perhaps charisma?

On now to the World Cup, with a young side that might surprise everyone...
    Liverpool lacked defense. It's why they can score an almost record number of goals, but still be lacking on goal differential. If they had a solid back 4 they would have won that last draw instead of giving up three goals, and there would have been someone behind Gerrard to back him up when he slipped against Chelski. We would have won the league if we had a decent back 4.

And I would argue that Suarez is better than Yaya Toure on any given day. Just on goals scored alone I could win that argument.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Something happened to Suarez before the start of the season. Perhaps that biting incident and the punishment made him focus on what really matters, because before he needed at least 10 shots on goal to score 3, whereas this season his striking was lethal, but also seemed to be informed by a more focused intelligence. If I rate Toure higher it is because he is an all-round better player than Suarez.

Nine managers in twelve years?

Maybe the problem is you, Daniel Levy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sherwood.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	719312  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Inevitability crushes romance.

Arsenal 3, Hull City 2.

More like a crushing bore. If Arsenal don't buy a striker how will they fare next season?

So Yaya Toure may be on his way out of the Etihad. Shame, because he is a truly great player who can change games. Like Vieira, but without the destructive aggression.

But if he does go, even City will miss him. Next, where should the disgruntled Milner go to get more first-team games?

I blame David Cameron for not declaring Yaya Toure's birthday a national holiday. I wonder, would he cross the city and join a proper football club? (I mean Toure, not Cameron...)

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

I blame David Cameron for not declaring Yaya Toure's birthday a national holiday. I wonder, would he cross the city and join a proper football club? (I mean Toure, not Cameron...)
    You might have a better shot with Cameron.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferParisHusband View Post
    You might have a better shot with Cameron.
    Hmmm...is he about to ask for a transfer? In the meantime there are worrying reports that United may make a move for one-foot-wonder Arjen Robben. And we were told things were going to improve under van Gaal....

Member Rookie Poster

Hmmm...is he about to ask for a transfer? In the meantime there are worrying reports that United may make a move for one-foot-wonder Arjen Robben. And we were told things were going to improve under van Gaal....
    Yesterday player for a yesterday club