Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33737879808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bloody Football!

Well, trust those toffee eating bastards

Don't worry,we'll beat Palace ten-nil on Monday and wipe the goal difference out.

Senior Member Professional Poster beaufont's Avatar

Have to say that I can't see City losing either of their remaining 2 games, Everton was their potential stumbling block & they managed to get the result which was needed. All Liverpool can do now is keep the pressure on City by winning their remaining games & hope City slip up.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

That is all.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Platinum Poster

With only a few days left to go, this is still one of the most astonishing seasons in recent memory. It would be a brave, or foolish person who predicts what will happen next....

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

That is all.

X2..

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    With only a few days left to go, this is still one of the most astonishing seasons in recent memory. It would be a brave, or foolish person who predicts what will happen next....
    Come on Villa......

More in hope than expectation.

So,City aren't about to lose at home to West Ham on Saturday,only a major shock can stop them.
    The dream is over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    So,City aren't about to lose at home to West Ham on Saturday,only a major shock can stop them.
    The dream is over.
    Yes, but till next season. Don't be despondent. At the start of the season if anyone had offered you second place you'd have taken the bet and smiled. We've had a great season with a falter at the wrong time

And we have the Champions' League to look forward to with hopefully some astute strengthening of the squad. I'd be tempted to do some vulture picking from the relegated sides. Caulker as a centre back for one, from Cardiff, maybe Marshall as a keeper, arguably the best in the league this season, and Whittaker, Snodgrass and Redmond from Norwich. Bring Borini back from Sunderland and search all over Europe for someone to do the dirty work that Mascherano excelled at. Gerrard and Lucas are good, but neither can do that job.

And if Southampton want to sell, Lallana would fit better into Liverpool than any of the other big clubs.

Anyone got Mr Henry's email address?

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Yes, but till next season. Don't be despondent. At the start of the season if anyone had offered you second place you'd have taken the bet and smiled. We've had a great season with a falter at the wrong time

And we have the Champions' League to look forward to with hopefully some astute strengthening of the squad. I'd be tempted to do some vulture picking from the relegated sides. Caulker as a centre back for one, from Cardiff, maybe Marshall as a keeper, arguably the best in the league this season, and Whittaker, Snodgrass and Redmond from Norwich. Bring Borini back from Sunderland and search all over Europe for someone to do the dirty work that Mascherano excelled at. Gerrard and Lucas are good, but neither can do that job.

And if Southampton want to sell, Lallana would fit better into Liverpool than any of the other big clubs.

Anyone got Mr Henry's email address?

That defense needs to get sorted, and soon. I keep hearing talk of another striker coming in. Some La Liga guy who scored 64 goals. Don't need him. If you're going to lay out the cash on a top striker, bring in Costa and tell Chelski to f-off! But that ain't happening either. Mascherano types are needed, agreed. I'd bring in Marshall as well, but not sure what would happen with Mingolet after that. Both want to be starters, but both need a solid line in front. Usually, to me it seems, a side facing relegation is there because of their defense. I wouldn't poach any of them. But I'd be looking all over Europe and South America for some gamers.

Met John Henry once at the LFC match in Boston. Nice guy, doesn't know dick about football though. Relies heavily on his "guys."

Jus wookin puh nub.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferParisHusband View Post
    That defense needs to get sorted, and soon. I keep hearing talk of another striker coming in. Some La Liga guy who scored 64 goals. Don't need him. If you're going to lay out the cash on a top striker, bring in Costa and tell Chelski to f-off! But that ain't happening either. Mascherano types are needed, agreed. I'd bring in Marshall as well, but not sure what would happen with Mingolet after that. Both want to be starters, but both need a solid line in front. Usually, to me it seems, a side facing relegation is there because of their defense. I wouldn't poach any of them. But I'd be looking all over Europe and South America for some gamers.

Met John Henry once at the LFC match in Boston. Nice guy, doesn't know dick about football though. Relies heavily on his "guys."
    Well, Fulham and Cardiff have gone and Norwich are 99% certain to join them. Marshall is a more commanding presence than Mignolet. They're both great shot stoppers but Marshall has a far better football brain.

We shouldn't forget that there's a lot more academy talent behind Flanagan too - Wisdom, Ibe etc.

I think we'll have to fight hard to retain our Champions League spot next year. Man U will come roaring back and Everton are a very different prospect under Martinez. I agree we need consistency in defence, but it starts with depth. And that midfield hard man role is absolutely key.