Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 922
  1. #21
    Senior Member Platinum Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,341

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Are you glad to see the back of Joey Barton? I seem to recall seeing too much of his arse once on tv...small point: the journalist who annoyed Sir Alexander Ferguson at the press conference after the Benfica match with the question about De Gea, was none other than Kelly Cates, (nee Dalgleish)....



  2. #22
    Platinum Poster robertlouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    York UK
    Posts
    11,838

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Are you glad to see the back of Joey Barton? I seem to recall seeing too much of his arse once on tv...small point: the journalist who annoyed Sir Alexander Ferguson at the press conference after the Benfica match with the question about De Gea, was none other than Kelly Cates, (nee Dalgleish)....
    I think Barton is an excellent player, and it will be very interesting to see how Neil Warnock handles him. I reckon the chances are good, given Warnock's record as a man manager.

    As for Newcastle, those fans deserve a lot better than they've had over the last fifteen years. Without proper investment in January, a top half finish will be a creditable result for them.

    Is Carroll Liverpool's Torres? Discuss. Juicy irony there. A successful return by Stevie G will be key to Liverpool's season, but right now it's hard to argue against Manchester as the capital of the Premiership for the foreseeable future. And that hurts, because I'd love to see Liverpool back at the top of the pile.


    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

  3. #23
    Rookie Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Are you glad to see the back of Joey Barton? I seem to recall seeing too much of his arse once on tv...small point: the journalist who annoyed Sir Alexander Ferguson at the press conference after the Benfica match with the question about De Gea, was none other than Kelly Cates, (nee Dalgleish)....
    Not at all - he was our best player and every fan was sad to see him go. But ego vs ego meant he had to go. His career is a shame as he is one of Englands best players!



  4. #24
    Rookie Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    I think Barton is an excellent player, and it will be very interesting to see how Neil Warnock handles him. I reckon the chances are good, given Warnock's record as a man manager.

    As for Newcastle, those fans deserve a lot better than they've had over the last fifteen years. Without proper investment in January, a top half finish will be a creditable result for them.

    Is Carroll Liverpool's Torres? Discuss. Juicy irony there. A successful return by Stevie G will be key to Liverpool's season, but right now it's hard to argue against Manchester as the capital of the Premiership for the foreseeable future. And that hurts, because I'd love to see Liverpool back at the top of the pile.
    If Caroll is fit and gets the games he will be a sucess - suarez needs to play behind and support him for it to work.

    If Torres can get a few games scoring he will be fine!

    Liverpool have one of the best keepers in the world in Reina - they just need to be more ruthless going forward and trust the defence



  5. #25
    Senior Member Platinum Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,341

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Liverpool have one of the best keepers in the world in Reina

    Are you serious? In the World?? I thought Ferguson should have moved heaven and earth to get Akinfeev; although Lindegard looked ok the other night.

    I have been advised to put £10 on Torres to score against Man U next weekend, currently 4-1 I believe; I prefer MU to Beat Chelsea 6-2, 500-1...gotta be worth a £2 bet if only to clear the overdraft...

    PS, I thought Scots always got on with each other when they were abroad, the Ferguson -vs- Dalgleish thing seems to have been going on for years. Ferguson has also been rude about Gordon Strachan -is there a sub-text to this? Wrong side of Glasgow?



  6. #26
    Shiny Disco Balls Gold Poster SammiValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Liverpool-ish
    Posts
    4,102

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Reina is pretty much #2 in the world yes,behind the Spanish number #1


    The Englsih T'Rose - My Independant Porn Site
    Meet Me - My Independant Escort Information
    Twitter - Free Pics, chat shit.
    Adultwork - My Webcam of choice,pics,vids

  7. #27
    Platinum Poster robertlouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    York UK
    Posts
    11,838

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Liverpool have one of the best keepers in the world in Reina

    Are you serious? In the World?? I thought Ferguson should have moved heaven and earth to get Akinfeev; although Lindegard looked ok the other night.

    I have been advised to put £10 on Torres to score against Man U next weekend, currently 4-1 I believe; I prefer MU to Beat Chelsea 6-2, 500-1...gotta be worth a £2 bet if only to clear the overdraft...

    PS, I thought Scots always got on with each other when they were abroad, the Ferguson -vs- Dalgleish thing seems to have been going on for years. Ferguson has also been rude about Gordon Strachan -is there a sub-text to this? Wrong side of Glasgow?
    Dalglish, Ferguson and Strachan are all protestants. It's well-known that when Jock Stein (another proddie) turned up to sign him for Celtic, the young Kenny was busily stripping the Rangers posters off his walls!

    Fergie was bundled out of Ibrox when he married a catholic girl, so there's certainly no religious dimension. Wee Gordie got up his nose after remarks made when he left Old Trafford for Leeds. Not sure of the origins of the feud with Dalglish, may go back to Kenny's first tenure at Anfield.

    And Fergie's had hundreds of feuds and vendettas. Just as well he's not Italian lol.

    And I agree with Sammi about Reina - if he played in La Liga he would be the Spanish number one. Aside from his shot stopping abilities, he has the finest tactical distribution of any keeper since the best of all, Schmeichel.


    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

  8. #28
    Senior Member Professional Poster mikelpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    1,423

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Quote Originally Posted by SammiValentine View Post
    Reina is pretty much #2 in the world yes,behind the Spanish number #1
    Sammi I think reina is a far better keeper than cassilas it's just he's real madrid through and through, a poster boy if you like! X



  9. #29
    Senior Member Platinum Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,341

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Some weird results coming in from the Premier League -we started with Man U putting 8 past Arsenal, now City have put 6 past Man U -I don't think anyone could have predicted scorelines like that, its on a par with fanatics from, say QPR saying Yeah, We'll beat Chelsea 25-0. But the way things are going, we could be in for more weird score lines, and teams ending up with only 7 or 8 players on the field -I can't recall what the limit is. In the meantime, someone needs to fill that gaping hole in Manchester United's midfield....City are not that good.



  10. #30
    Platinum Poster robertlouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    York UK
    Posts
    11,838

    Default Re: Bloody Football!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Some weird results coming in from the Premier League -we started with Man U putting 8 past Arsenal, now City have put 6 past Man U -I don't think anyone could have predicted scorelines like that, its on a par with fanatics from, say QPR saying Yeah, We'll beat Chelsea 25-0. But the way things are going, we could be in for more weird score lines, and teams ending up with only 7 or 8 players on the field -I can't recall what the limit is. In the meantime, someone needs to fill that gaping hole in Manchester United's midfield....City are not that good.
    Yes, it's interesting this season, and high-scoring isn't just a phenomenon at the top, with Fulham stuffing QPR 6 - 0 a couple of weeks ago, for example. Pat Nevin said of the Manchester derby on Sunday that perhaps it could be the changing of the guard. Too early in the season for that to be definitive, but he could be right. That said, 3 - 1 would have been a more accurate reflection of the play, and you'd expect Man U to bounce back. But you're right - they desperately need that authority in midfield.

    In the meantime I'm hoping that Liverpool under Dalglish can finally gel together all of their old and new components and fulfil the potential that is definitely in that club.


    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Similar Threads

  1. The clown“s got a bloody nose
    By Coroner in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 11:08 PM
  2. Football/Soccer
    By Libertine in forum Sports Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 12:33 AM
  3. Bloody Xmas
    By Nikka in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 07:55 PM
  4. Bloody Numeracy tests! (rant)
    By Tomfurbs in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:31 PM
  5. Fantasy Football
    By zerrrr in forum Sports Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 02:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •