Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
    GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

Default Re: Bloody Football!

god you lot are sad with your football .. why dont you get into a real sport like Warhammer 40k Tabletop gaming hehe

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SammiValentine View Post
    haha behave!!!!!

Let me guess you also think the "Game 39" plan is good for the premier league???
    I don't have a rigid view about that, but I do think the overall management of the game is poor and has always been that way -Alf Ramsay after all was not given an opportunity to resign with dignity after the England-Poland game in 1974, he was sacked. That kind of disgraceful attitude to people has not changed, but in addition there is this complete inability to be flexible, although the clubs themselves should be more imaginative.

For example, 2012 is both Euro and Olympic year, but no amendment was made to the schedules to give players playing for their national squads time after the leage season to prepare for the Euros, and its clear the Olympics has not been thought about over the 5 years we have had to plan for it.

There is the question too of having a winter break -there are various ways of improving the game but they would involve changes and apart from tv schedules, there doesn't seem to be an appetite for change.

My main changes would be:
    1) goal-line technology
    2) flexible scheduling to take account of major international tournaments
    3) abolishing international friendy matches which are a waste of time
    4) abolishing the Carling Cup -why does the UK have 2 cup competitions?
    5) Making it an automatic red card if a player removes his shirt
    6) A winter break in the season
    7) Fewer games so the season can begin October and end in July except in Euro/World Cup years.

And so on. I am sure other BMs have good ideas too.

Jimbo-Hats off to Martin O'Neill, he obviously has skills that other managers do not; compare Sunderlands recent form to Aston Villa's....

Just another net knob Junior Poster jimbo1974's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Jimbo-Hats off to Martin O'Neill, he obviously has skills that other managers do not; compare Sunderlands recent form to Aston Villa's....
    Yeah - we are lucky to have him.

I hope Darren "im a mercenary c**t" Bent is glad of his extra 10k a week now.

I don't have a rigid view about that, but I do think the overall management of the game is poor and has always been that way -Alf Ramsay after all was not given an opportunity to resign with dignity after the England-Poland game in 1974, he was sacked. That kind of disgraceful attitude to people has not changed, but in addition there is this complete inability to be flexible, although the clubs themselves should be more imaginative.

For example, 2012 is both Euro and Olympic year, but no amendment was made to the schedules to give players playing for their national squads time after the leage season to prepare for the Euros, and its clear the Olympics has not been thought about over the 5 years we have had to plan for it.

There is the question too of having a winter break -there are various ways of improving the game but they would involve changes and apart from tv schedules, there doesn't seem to be an appetite for change.

My main changes would be:
    1) goal-line technology
    2) flexible scheduling to take account of major international tournaments
    3) abolishing international friendy matches which are a waste of time
    4) abolishing the Carling Cup -why does the UK have 2 cup competitions?
    5) Making it an automatic red card if a player removes his shirt
    6) A winter break in the season
    7) Fewer games so the season can begin October and end in July except in Euro/World Cup years.

And so on. I am sure other BMs have good ideas too.

Some good ideas there, Stavros. I'd also make yellow cards mandatory for diving or other forms of simulation - it's simply cheating, nothing else.

Not sure about total abolition of international friendlies without something put in their place which allows international team bosses the opportunity to assess their players' capabilities between tournaments - but they are largely a waste of time, yes.

Oh, and the UK has two cups? Last time I looked, Scotland was still part of the UK. You mean England.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post

Oh, and the UK has two cups? Last time I looked, Scotland was still part of the UK. You mean England.
    Oops!

Oops!
    AND you described my esteemed Band as "The Bland".

Wodehouse said that it wasn't difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grudge and a ray of sunshine. Yiz are oan borrowed time, pal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	highlander.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	466953  

Whatever next, the myth that Paul Simon can write songs? The Band were Bland, that was their appeal, nothing threatening, radical, or challenging. But however hard you try, you won't get me in a kilt. And isn't the guy in your photo French? Anyway I do like Scotland, I also saw Hugh MacDiarmid before he died when he was in London, which is something I have over you. Irascible, indomitable, cheeky -and occasionally profound (when he let the poetry out).

Meanwhile, there is speculation that Pep Guardiola is on his way out at Barcelona -apparently the club is $400m in debt, failed to beat Chelsea -and who knows what happens this weekend?

Whatever next, the myth that Paul Simon can write songs? The Band were Bland, that was their appeal, nothing threatening, radical, or challenging. But however hard you try, you won't get me in a kilt. And isn't the guy in your photo French? Anyway I do like Scotland, I also saw Hugh MacDiarmid before he died when he was in London, which is something I have over you. Irascible, indomitable, cheeky -and occasionally profound (when he let the poetry out).

Meanwhile, there is speculation that Pep Guardiola is on his way out at Barcelona -apparently the club is $400m in debt, failed to beat Chelsea -and who knows what happens this weekend?
    I met MacDiarmid too - my English tutor was the late, much-loved and greatly lamented makar Edwin Morgan, through whom I met, talked to and got drunk with MacDiarmid, Norman McCaig, George McKay Brown and others.

Pep for Man City regardless of whether Mancini leads them to the championship.

Fascinating, I didn't think you were old enough given that HM died in 1978. Saw him at The Mermaid in London. Not sure about Guardiola, but anything is possible these days in football, esp as I expect Newcastle to beat City. I also think United will beat City or draw, but it will be close.

Just another net knob Junior Poster jimbo1974's Avatar

Im no Chelsea fan, but gotta say :

fuckin get in

I thought Torres was gonna shit himself at the end !

Brilliant entertainment