Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Re: What Is The Next Gun You Plan On Buying?

I just bought an M14! Next is an AR or a 1911, not sure yet... Canadians can own guns too

Needsum, I guess I am somewhere very much in the middle of this debate.

Of course I fully appreciate that 99.9% of all legal gun owners in USA and for that matter the rest of the world are responsible and law abiding citizens like yourself. I also understand that 99.9% of gun crime is committed by illegal weapons.

The fact of the matter is that if you want to obtain a weapon legally you have to jump throught hoops and declare your inner soul and wait months and they may allow it. But if you have a wad of cash and know the right people then weapons can be obtained.

Its a simple equation in that the higher volume of guns and open gun culture means that there is more hardware within the system and problems with border crossings have exasperated the problem. I do agree with what you say though that there must be so many illegal weapons that re-enter the network via corruption at a higher level, whether it be police forces or military.

I do however agree with Prospero in that why do people need to hold assult rifles and vast stocks of ammo, one previous poster quoted he always holds a couple of thousand rounds of ammo for each weapon. That is enough to start a small war on your own. OK if he runs a gun club but as an individual I can't understand the need for such consumption.

I don't know the answer and as someone pointed out it is in your constitution to bare arms to protect yourself and has been around hundreds of years and will not change.

I like to put my shooting gear on and wellies and get out in the country but a 12 bore does the job, no need for an assult rifle in the UK and lets keep it that way.

Good debate though Needsum and great to hear all sides, looks like I need to book a trip to your place for a week to have a go with some of your hardware. Ed.

Anytime Ed, we'd have a blast (no pun intended...lol) I guess when it comes down to it, one of the reasons why I compare the guns to the sports cars, is that nobody NEEDS either of them; in a practical world, for the average Joe citizen, they are impractical. I will stand by the fact that there are more deaths from car accidents, due to drunk driving, speeding, and recless driving than due to gun violence. I have all these weapons yet I cannot honestly tell you how many years it has been since I shot any one of them. So it is for certain that I do not need any of them. But I enjoy them, I cherish the right to own them, and feel a little better knowing that, should someone break into my house, I can defend my family to the fullest extent possible. I certainly understand the point of view of Prospero and yourself, where you wonder why someone needs so muh ammunition, or even the "assault weapon" itself. I liken it to those people who drive the porches, Ferrarri's etc... they drive them because they can.... (oh, and on a side note, as far as ammunition stockpiles go, the stuff can be pretty expensive. So when you find an advertisement for it on sale, sometimes it makes sense to buy a lot of it knowing you will be storing it, rather than 1) spending more to buy less, and 2) taking the chance that you will be regulated someday to only being allowed a certian amount to purchase should someone get into power who thinks all things are bad)

We are the middle children of history . . . we have no great war, we have no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives . . .

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

"Why do they sell sports cars that can drive to well in excess of 100 MPH when speed limits are at max 75 MPH, but mostly 55 MPH? because people want them, and the assumption is that they will be responsible when they operate them. "

It is surely because you get a better performance from these cars at a lower speed. The quintessence of the argument remains that guns are designed to kill - nothing else, cars, kitchen knives etc have that primary purpose. Yes guns should be controlled. the magic bullet though is how to get all the guns that are out there - especially among the criminal fraternity - back. That's rather like getting the genii back into the bottle. But the sort of hugely aggressive remarks made earlier by some posters here - way beyond the mildness of the arguments I'd been offering - is what worries me. Match that level of aggression with a hot temper and a hand gun and you get dead people instead of black eyes.

Anyway i really am not going to post here any more. I recognise that nothing i say will change the minds of anyone here and nor will you change mine - unless you corner me with a gun.

Square peg, round hole Professional Poster iamdrgonzo's Avatar

I'm going to get me a water gun that squirts jelly:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WaterGunThatSquirtsJelly.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	412933

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson

5 Star Poster

i bet the cops wish they could use guns in London.London's burning.London's burning down.i think i was told London had some of the highest knife crime in Europe and no law and order

live with honour

Professional Poster
    NY for now(upstate area) but trying to move to LA!

im putting a gallon of cum in my water gun and squirting it at everybody

I Can Suck You Dry!!!

:jerkoff:

I'm a pacifist, a quiet person and I don't believe in violence.

Just for fun, I like revolvers, .22, small and with concealed hammer.

I saw the Smith & Wessons:

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Go B1
    Fukker, whatever the topic, it'd nice to see you posting again!
    Cheer us all up, tell us about *your* miseries!
    Yah, been a stressful and tiring year and I haven't been posting much. My list of miseries is pretty long, but not quite as bad as it was a year ago. Still causes me to lose sleep though. I hope to have a 'date night' next week, so I'll be in a better frame of mind after that.

On topic: I really have been thinking of taking up re-loading as a 'hobby'. Lord knows that most of my neighbors are armed to the teeth and could use such a service. I've become a bit of a fan of Larry Potterfield of Midway USA and think that PBS should sign him on as the new generation's 'Mr. Rogers'. Talk about 'separated at birth'. Re-loading is a basic, assembly line activity that would satisfy my OCD and keep me on a friendly level with the local militia.

My next-door neighbor sez that as long as the blowout wall on the shed faces away from his property he's all for my new hobby.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirCumsAlot View Post
    im putting a gallon of cum in my water gun and squirting it at everybody
    tjinla2001's custard hose would cause more suffering than The Black Death. The first ones to die would be the lucky ones.