Veteran Poster

Default Question about the Pageants?

Just wondering whats the deal with all the TS beauty pageants?

Seems to be alot in Cali, whats in it for the contestants? Does the winner actually win anything? and Who's Judging these things, a celebrity TS panel?

Just wondering

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Default Re: Question about the Pageants?

I can't answer that; I just love attending them and seeing the gals in gowns (and some of them like seeing me in a suit)...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Veteran Poster

noone else with an answer?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I don't know about the USA where some pageants like Miss Continental have been going for years (I assume it is still in the Chicago area around September), but my impression is that pageants of all kinds are still popular in the US whereas in the UK they declined in the 1970s to almost nothing. The TS pageants here have been sporadic and dominated by either Filipinos or Latin Americans as these two countries/regions continue to take pageants seriously. In the Philippines and Thailand where they take place all the time, it is a small but possibly vital money-earner for beauty queens; Miss International Queen in Pattaya is one of the biggest and has international contestants and quite good prize money too. If the Asian girls manage to get to Europe or North America, I am afraid they take part in competitions for reasons of either vanity, or just because its part of what they do -I don't know what the proportion is, but I guess maybe a third of TS are into pageants, the majority are either too shy, or think they are not glamorous enough, or are just not interested. For that matter, although some of the beauty queens are absolutely stunning, many guys are not interested in pageants either.

There used to be a Miss TS International in London every November, that seems to have died. There was a Miss Long Yan but I think the Long Yan clubs have changed their ID or something; there are pageants/competitions at the Thai restaurant, the Mango Tree near Buckingham Palace once a year, and this year there will be a Miss Calendar Girl in September but not sure where. Miss Trans in Italy has been going for years, around September in Lucca or some other north Italian city.

There are pageants, competitions, but frankly in Europe it is not a big thing. I don't think there are any in Spain or if there are they are small-scale and local to either Madrid or Barcelona, but as I say, most guys are not interested.

They probably win something.

"That's what i thought you said."