Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by shemalejunky
    Yeah, J is a fucking idiot, ditto that! Provide some insight before running your mouth of as usual. I believe yourdaddy was referring to that fact that the Dems are not consistent in the battles they choose and thereby are not consistent in much that argue for....basically their motto is, along with their fellow lib-lefters is "If we yell louder, we win all arguments....even if we don't know what we are saying." Sad, but typical.
    You want some consistency, Junkfuck ? How's this for consistency: You freepers claim to be pro-life, but won't dare question a president's policies about an unpopular, illegal, and unwarranted war with a country that had done nothing to this country and has cost the lives -- lives -- of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis and some 2200 American GIs. Is there a question as to whether any of the aforementioned were human lives ? Along those lines, what is consistent about claiming to be pro-life, and yet against social programs for unwanted children, or children from single family parents ? How many of these abortion clinic bombing freepers are fighting tooth and nail to adopt the children they claim to be protecting for example ? Want more ???

Yeah, those Lefties such as Rush, Hannity, and O'Reilly don't shout, spin, distort, lie, or talk over people. Many from your side like those I just mentioned don't know the meaning of civil discourse. Ann Coulter is rational and civil ??? What world are you living in, beside the one you're in currently where you can't hear, see, and reason ?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by The American Nightmare
    Let me see if I can get this straight.

A poster comments on the idiocy of Robertson's statements. Yourdaddy and Shemalejunky go off on a "stupid liberals" rant.

So, care to explain what's up with these >> Stupid Liberals? <<
    LOL! I want to see how they spin this ?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by The American Nightmare
    Let me see if I can get this straight.

A poster comments on the idiocy of Robertson's statements. Yourdaddy and Shemalejunky go off on a "stupid liberals" rant.

So, care to explain what's up with these >> Stupid Liberals? <<
    That's the MO. I haven't been here long, but it's easy to see. Sad really. Their leader (Dubya) losses his base so there's nothing left to do but insult everyone that disagrees with them.

Sad...

Yourdaddy, do you ever actually read anything for yourself, or do you just parrot what you hear from the right wing?

The section Robertson is paraphrasing not quoting is from Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 23 and 24 which provide as follows:

"23 " 'The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants.
    24 Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land

so, even reading it out of context it doesn't really support Robertson's position. They could give it away, or give a long term lease, or retain rights in the land. But when you consider it in context, Robertson's argument is even flimsier.

That section of Leviticus is a schedule for land management setting forth a time frame where every 7th year no crops are to be grown and where every 50 years there will be a jubilee

10 Consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you; each one of you is to return to his family property and each to his own clan.
    11 The fiftieth year shall be a jubilee for you; do not sow and do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the untended vines.
    12 For it is a jubilee and is to be holy for you; eat only what is taken directly from the fields
    13 " 'In this Year of Jubilee everyone is to return to his own property

Now, I don't recall the Israeli's shutting down all their agriculture every 7 years or massively relocating everyone into clans when they were there for 50 years.

The section paraphrased by Robertson is also followed by this language:'
    35 If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you.
    36 Do not take interest of any kind from him, but fear your God, so that your countryman may continue to live among you.
    37 You must not lend him money at interest or sell him food at a profit.

I'm pretty sure that there are no interest free loans or not for profit supermarkets in Israel either.

Its also noteworthy that the section about "this land is mine" is preceded by the following:

'Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land."

Its clear those decrees are not being followed. But maybe, just maybe, the decree that is being followed is more important.; Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That is more likely to lead to safety than throwing a great party every 50 years.

This portion of Leviticus also contains the following:
    44 " 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.
    45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
    46 You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

I'm pretty sure that slavery is not exactly in vogue in Israel now. But their right to have and keep slaves and pass them on to their heirs is a lot more explictly expressed than any prohibition on using their land to try to forge peace and safety

Now, consider the source, Robertson sided with Falwell when he blamed 9-11 on feminists, pro-choice people and homosexuals. Robertson blamed Katrina on jazz music: "New Orleans asked for this tragedy by advertising itself as a destination for jazz music. As every Christian knows, jazz music is sinful and lures people into eternal damnation". He prayed for Supreme court justices he disagreed with to die,. He called for the assassination of the President of Venezuela. so much for Thou shall not kill. He said that Gay Pride days at Disney World would "bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor." He said that the Ellen Degeneres show would be struck by an earthquake. He suggested that Dover Pa. would be visited by disaster for voting out a school board that had tried to insert intelligent design into the science curriculum. He accused Presbyterians, Methodists and Episcolians of being the spirit of the anti-christ.

Yourdaddy, did you really want to stand side by side with him? Because I doubt he would stand by you if he knew you were here.

FK

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Yourdaddy, do you ever actually read anything for yourself, or do you just parrot what you hear from the right wing?

The section Robertson is paraphrasing not quoting is from Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 23 and 24 which provide as follows:

"23 " 'The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants.
    24 Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land

so, even reading it out of context it doesn't really support Robertson's position. They could give it away, or give a long term lease, or retain rights in the land. But when you consider it in context, Robertson's argument is even flimsier.

That section of Leviticus is a schedule for land management setting forth a time frame where every 7th year no crops are to be grown and where every 50 years there will be a jubilee

10 Consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you; each one of you is to return to his family property and each to his own clan.
    11 The fiftieth year shall be a jubilee for you; do not sow and do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the untended vines.
    12 For it is a jubilee and is to be holy for you; eat only what is taken directly from the fields
    13 " 'In this Year of Jubilee everyone is to return to his own property

Now, I don't recall the Israeli's shutting down all their agriculture every 7 years or massively relocating everyone into clans when they were there for 50 years.

The section paraphrased by Robertson is also followed by this language:'
    35 If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you.
    36 Do not take interest of any kind from him, but fear your God, so that your countryman may continue to live among you.
    37 You must not lend him money at interest or sell him food at a profit.

I'm pretty sure that there are no interest free loans or not for profit supermarkets in Israel either.

Its also noteworthy that the section about "this land is mine" is preceded by the following:

'Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land."

Its clear those decrees are not being followed. But maybe, just maybe, the decree that is being followed is more important.; Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That is more likely to lead to safety than throwing a great party every 50 years.

This portion of Leviticus also contains the following:
    44 " 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.
    45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
    46 You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

I'm pretty sure that slavery is not exactly in vogue in Israel now. But their right to have and keep slaves and pass them on to their heirs is a lot more explictly expressed than any prohibition on using their land to try to forge peace and safety

Now, consider the source, Robertson sided with Falwell when he blamed 9-11 on feminists, pro-choice people and homosexuals. Robertson blamed Katrina on jazz music: "New Orleans asked for this tragedy by advertising itself as a destination for jazz music. As every Christian knows, jazz music is sinful and lures people into eternal damnation". He prayed for Supreme court justices he disagreed with to die,. He called for the assassination of the President of Venezuela. so much for Thou shall not kill. He said that Gay Pride days at Disney World would "bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor." He said that the Ellen Degeneres show would be struck by an earthquake. He suggested that Dover Pa. would be visited by disaster for voting out a school board that had tried to insert intelligent design into the science curriculum. He accused Presbyterians, Methodists and Episcolians of being the spirit of the anti-christ.
    You kidding right? You're not telling me the Christian right is misquoting the Scripture? Blasphemy!!!

/butitisnottheirfirsttime

Yourdaddy, did you really want to stand side by side with him? Because I doubt he would stand by you if he knew you were here.

FK
    The ultimate touche'.

Great post.

Professional Poster

Sadly Felicia, no....he only reads what he wants to see

Ostrich..sand.....

Bush wouldnt have DARED to fuck with Iraq if they had serious nuclear capability, like the other real terrorist training nations...SA, Syria, Iran etc and is the reason we cant mess with China or North Korea.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy
    So when Pat Robertson quotes scripture, it's a mortal sin to progressives. Yet, when a school principal in Afghanistan, is beheaded for teaching classes for girls, and his wife and 8 children are forced to watch, where are the libs then? I left the damn dem party because of it's hypocritical ways. Looks like nothing has changed.

Blind faith = Mortal sin

because we question the comments of an idiot does not equal mortal sin

yes I think the beheader ought to be dealt with

I am not a lib I am not a conserv.

Do you realize that if Pattyboy's followers ran this country we would have a theocracy that would rival the taliban. You think I am wrong there yourdaddy.....listen to him he has no problem killing to serve his own agenda is that someone you want in control? if you do there daddyboy better make sure your closet is clean because if it isn't...... you might just find yourself burned at the stake with Ole Pattyboy holding the lighter.

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

Junior Poster

All of a sudden I am pro-life! WOW!!! Thanks for letting me know, you fecking hag. Geezus, and there it all starts, the left wing name calling. When will Godwin's Law be invoked? Oops! I just did it! You Dem wannabes make me laugh with your feeble justifications for everything....lol. That's why we never listen to what you say - it is all blather, and we are always right!

Geezus, and there it all starts, the left wing name calling.
    You mean this?
    Yeah, J is a fucking idiot

All of a sudden I am pro-life! WOW!!! Thanks for letting me know, you fecking hag. Geezus, and there it all starts, the left wing name calling. When will Godwin's Law be invoked? Oops! I just did it! You Dem wannabes make me laugh with your feeble justifications for everything....lol. That's why we never listen to what you say - it is all blather, and we are always right!
    you may always be to the right. but you not always correct. And if you are pro-choice, you really should reconsider your party affiliation, because the Republican party has made it abundantly clear they are opposed to a woman's right to choose.

This is from the 2004 Republican Platform
    We must keep our pledge to the first guarantee of the Declaration of Independence. That is why we say the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and we endorse legislation to make it clear that the 14th Amendment's protections apply to unborn children. Our purpose is to have legislative and judicial protection of that right against those who perform abortions. We oppose using public revenues for abortion and will not fund organizations which advocate it. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity of innocent human life

As far as invoking Godwins law, I didn't see anyone actually compare anyone to Hilter or anything to Nazism. But Yourdaddy supporting Pat Robertson by saying that Democrats are pro-beheading would certainly seem to be within the spirit of that law.

FK