Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Platinum Poster

He's at it again...I just hope that vicki got the memo...I'd hate for her to feel left out of the"Almighty's" inner circle...

Robertson: God Says Tsunami Possible For U.S.

POSTED: 9:19 pm EDT May 17, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:14 am EDT May 18, 2006

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- The Rev. Pat Robertson says God has told him that storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network has told viewers of "The 700 Club" that the revelations came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

He added specifics in Wednesday's show.

"There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest," he said.

Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that U.S. agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.
    Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

Yet another Pat Robertson miracle! Praise Jesus, praise his name!
    What miracle will Pat perform next? He may even be able to raise the chimp-in-chief's record low approval ratings from the depths of hell to the heights of heaven! Praise Jesus, praise Pat, and praise the national debt!

ClayNation: Pat Robertson's magical protein shake
    May 22, 2006
    By Clay Travis

Every now and then, a ClayNation reader e-mail causes me to question my entire worldview. Such was recently the case. We received many responses regarding my quest to leg press 400 pounds and "show up former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright." None was more shocking than this one from Ken Pederson of Seattle:

"400 pounds is nothing! Rev. Pat Robertson, 76, can leg press 2,000 pounds. I saw him on TV the other day and the capillaries in his eyes looked just fine!"

Does this man look like he can leg press one ton? (AP)
    If you do not click on the link Ken provided to Robertson's Web site right now, you are truly lazy and missing the most remarkable feat of physical strength since Video SPiN featured Lasha Pataraya pulling two trucks with his ear.

Here's the text from his Web site:

"Did you know that Pat Robertson can leg press 2,000 pounds? How does he do it? Where does Pat find the time and energy to host a daily, national TV show, head a world-wide ministry, develop visionary scholars, while traveling the globe as a statesman?

One of Pat's secrets to keeping his energy high and his vitality soaring is his age-defying protein shake. Pat developed a delicious, refreshing shake, filled with energy-producing nutrients. Discover what kinds of natural ingredients make up Pat's protein shake by registering for your FREE booklet today!"

Three things:

1. I am going to drink this protein shake of his and try to leg press a Mazda Miata with three clowns sitting inside.

2. There is no way on earth Robertson leg presses 2,000 pounds. That would mean a 76-year-old man broke the all-time Florida State University leg press record by 665 pounds over Dan Kendra. 665 pounds. Further, when he set the record, they had to modify the leg press machine to fit 1,335 pounds of weight. Plus, Kendra's capillaries in his eyes burst. Burst. Where in the world did Robertson even find a machine that could hold 2,000 pounds at one time? And how does he still have vision?

3. It's rare the ClayNation Guarantee makes an appearance, but here, it is justified. There is no way Robertson leg presses 2,000 pounds. Period. If he can, I will box a round against Andrew Golota without wearing a jockstrap. After about 20 minutes on Robertson's Web site, I managed to find a way to send an e-mail without having to give my credit card information. Here was the text:

"I would like to interview Pat Robertson about his leg-press workout and protein shake. If possible, I would like to accompany Pat on his workout where I could help him stack on the 44 different 45-pound plates he would need to attach to leg press 2,000 pounds. By my calculations, his leg press of 2,000 pounds requires 22 forty-fives and one ten-pounder on each side.

I look forward to hearing back from you ...

the rest of this article here-

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/9454343

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Are we back to the smiting again?

Trivia note: In the wav files of one of the Microsoft 'Age of Empires' versions one of the characters taunts "Smite me!".

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

i don't think he realizes it himself, but Pat owes his mutant powers to random genetic recombination rather than to supernatural sources. he's an X-man!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

For 50$ Pat will send you a set of jesus steak knives signed by god.

Who is it??......Dave.....Who?...its me dave!!.....No Daves not here man

DEAR LORD! SMITE CHEFMIKE! SMITE CHEFMIKE! HE TAUNTS ME WHILE I TRY TO CARRY OUT YOUR WILL. HE DOUBTS THE MIRICLE OF THE 2000 LBS LEG PRESS! SMITE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And could you see your way to lend me a Franklin till the next show?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pat_robertson_2005_03_30_790371_307.jpg 
Views:	1104 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	46293