Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Humour and what makes you laugh

We've had threads about the people you hate most and lots of arguments in lots of hreads. Occasionally we get something about who you like best.

And quite a few about best films, best music etc. How about the thing that seems to really bring people together?

What really makes you laugh out loud? Jokes. Clips.Pictures etc...

Maybe it will bridges between people who seem to fight all the time.

To kick off here are a few one-liners from a well known English stand-up comedian.

I phoned the local gym and I asked if they could teach me how to do the splits. He said, "How flexible are you?" I said, "I can't make Tuesdays."

"So I was getting into my car, and this bloke says to me "Can you give me a lift?" I said "Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it.''

"You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice."

When I left home, my mum said "Don't forget to write", I thought, "That's unlikely"... It's a basic skill isn't it....

"Exit signs - they're on the way out aren't they?." "

This bloke said to me, 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books."

"And the back of his anorak was leaping up and down, and people were chucking money to him. I said 'Do you earn a living doing that?' He said 'Yes, this is my livelihood.'

So I went to the dentist. He said "Say Aaah." I said "Why?" He said "My dog's died."

"Now, most dentist's chairs go up and down, don't they? The one I was in went back and forwards. I thought 'This is unusual'. And the dentist said to me 'Sir, get out of the filing cabinet."

The price of hearing aids has gone up? Deaf people across the country are going "how much?"

"So I got home, and the phone was ringing. I picked it up, and said 'Who's speaking please?' And a voice said 'You are."

"So I rang up my local swimming baths. I said 'Is that the local swimming baths?' He said 'It depends where you're calling from.'"
    '

"Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin."

"I'll tell you what makes my blood boil?...crematoriums"

"So I was in my car, and I was driving along, and my boss rang up, and he said 'You've been promoted.' And I swerved. And then he rang up a second time and said "You've been promoted again.' And I swerved again. He rang up a third time and said 'You're managing director.' And I went into a tree. And a policeman came up and said 'What happened to you?' And I said 'I careered off the road.'

And I've got a friend who's fallen in love with two school bags, he's bisatchel.

But I'll tell you what I love doing more than anything: trying to pack myself in a small suitcase. I can hardly contain myself.

I saw this bloke chatting up a cheetah, I thought 'he's trying to pull a fast one'.

I was at sea the other day and loads of meat floated past. It was a bit choppy.

So I rang up British Telecom, I said "I want to report a nuisance caller", he said "Not you again".

So this bloke says to me, "Can I come in your house and talk about your carpets?" I thought "That's all I need, a Je-hoover's witness".

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, "How many potatoes would you like Tim?". I said "Ooh, I'll just have one please". She said "It's OK, you don?t have to be polite" "Alright" I said "I'll just have one then, you stupid cow"

"You know, I'm not very good at magic - I can only do half of a trick. Yes - I'm a member of the Magic Semi-circle"

You see I'm against hunting, in fact I'm a hunt saboteur. I go out the night before and shoot the fox.

You see my next door neighbour worships exhaust pipes, he's a catholic converter.

So Batman came up to me & he hit me over the head with a vase & he went T'PAU! I said "Don't you mean KAPOW?? He said "No, I've got china in my hand."

You invented Tipp Ex, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm so lazy I've got a smoke alarm with a snooze button.

I bought some Armageddon cheese today, and it said on the packet 'Best Before End...'

So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."

So I went in to a pet shop. I said, "Can I buy a goldfish?" The guy said, "Do you want an aquarium?" I said, "I don't care what star sign it is."

I went to the doctor. I said to him "I'm frightened of lapels." He said, "You've got cholera."

So I met the bloke who invented crosswords today. I can't remember his name, it's P something T something R.

I was reading this book today, The History Of Glue and I couldn't put it down.

I phoned the local ramblers club today and this bloke just went on and on.

My mate asked me "What do you think of voluntary work?? I said "I wouldn't do it if you paid me."

So I was in the jungle and there was this monkey with a tin opener. I said, "You don't need a tin opener to peel a banana." He said, "No, this is for the custard."

Member Rookie Poster MichelleTGirl's Avatar

Default Re: Humour and what makes you laugh

Is this Jimmy Carr? If so I love Jimmy Carr!

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

No a guy called Tim Vine
    I cut out a few good ones that were too English for the Americans here.

Nice one Pros, I think you have way too much time on your hands mate; says he holding a suitcase full of watches.

I went to the doctors the other day and said; Doctor, Doctor I'm having problems pronouncing my " T's and my F's ". He said "well you can't say fairer than that then can you"!

the lowest form of comedy: pranks

Last edited by nonnonnon; 07-28-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Square peg, round hole Professional Poster iamdrgonzo's Avatar

Excellent idea Prospero:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cum_door.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	410821

Name:	pmatch.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	410822

Name:	airguitar-494x374.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	410823

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

the stupidest shit makes me larf
    probably why I'm constantly amused around here!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

I like reality humor,, like watching someone fall on the icy sidewalk.

I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Anything that smells bad or hurts people is funny.

Square peg, round hole Professional Poster iamdrgonzo's Avatar

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson