Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Is George W Bush to blame for the mine collapse??

You stupid bastard liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get the impression that you can't have an orgasm unless you're punching yourself in the face.

Is Bush to blame? No. They don't know what caused the collapse yet. But, if because of budget cuts or a pro-profit philosophy, safety regulations were not enforced or violations were overlooked or only given a slap on the wrist, and but for that, the workers would not have died, his administration would be responsible.

FK

Junior Poster

The left will find a way to blame Bush and the GOP....that's how desperate they are.

Rookie Poster

Well, MSHA had found 18 safety violations prior to the explosion. MSHA is a federal agency, part of the DOL I believe and falls under the Executive barnch. I'm just sayin'.

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Is George W Bush to blame for the mine collapse??

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer
    You stupid bastard liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No he didn't cause it while I am no G.W. fan he did not cause a mine disaster. Being from WV I can tell you, "things were ripe for this type of disaster here." Like Katt said many things went into that collapse.

When I was married my wife's brother in law was a Safety manager at a mine south of Charleston WV, He told me he was the guy who tested the Atmosphere in the mines for build up of Methane gas. There were two of them, 1 for each 12 hour shift at that mine. Every Christmas thru New year they would be on vacation, unfortunately the miners were not on vacation.

the "unofficial" cause as being stated around here is it was a lightening strike that set off the gas.

But I guess it could have been G.W. playing with that new lightening gun that Rumsey got him for Christmas.

Professional Poster

Yeah but Bush is still the biggest idiot president we ever had!

I still cant get over the fact that he kept reading to kids in school after hearing the country was under attack on 911.

What a fuckin pussy!

5 Star Poster

Did GW Bush cause the mine collapse?

No, not unless he was there with semtex, nitro or TNT. But could it have been prevented? Yes. Should the authorities have been stricter with the operators (and with operators across the country) after the mine had been cited for hundreds of violations over the years? Yes. Should those who could have prevented it be held responsible? Yes.

As I understand no one seems to know exactly what caused the explosions. But it is likely that the accident could have been prevented. Pointing fingers of blame will not help bring back the victims but over time could help prevent a similar occurence in the future. The mining company should have been more responsible. The authorities should have been more strict. The news reporters should have been more cautious.

And even though Bush and his golfing buddies are not directly to blame, they, as the ones to whom everyone else is accountable, must act to prevent such accidents from happening again. This is their responsibility. It is their responsibility to the American people, who voted them in and trusted them.

Bush is not to blame, but up the chain of command, he is the one who needs to ask the questions of the corporations that have supported him for so long, the media who on the whole have been positive to his administration, and the MSHA who should have made sure this kind of thing couldn't happen.

Wasn't Truman's motto "The buck stops here"? If only GW Bush could say that, just for once.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Given this response Felicia ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Is Bush to blame? No. They don't know what caused the collapse yet. But, if because of budget cuts or a pro-profit philosophy, safety regulations were not enforced or violations were overlooked or only given a slap on the wrist, and but for that, the workers would not have died, his administration would be responsible.
    FK

Is it really that difficult for you to just say the following?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Is Bush to blame? No.

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by popperluv
    Yeah but Bush is still the biggest idiot president we ever had!

I still cant get over the fact that he kept reading to kids in school after hearing the country was under attack on 911.

What a fuckin pussy!
    Michael Moore myth. If you watch the actual (unbastardized) raw video footage, the press kept pressing him for a response to the attacks in the classroom, and he hushed the press saying, "We don't want to frighten the kids." As far as him being a pussy, the Secret Service agents kept trying to get him to leave the school so they could whisk him away to a bunker, and he made them wait and wait until he could give a statement to the nation. Then he argued with the agents on Air Force One and demanded to be returned to the White House immediately, but they refused for the safety of the president.

Because he finished reading to the kids while his agents were standing aside sweating and freaking out, that just shows that he wasn't scared at all. However, that's too difficult a concept for you leftys to grasp.