Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: It occurs to me America needs a hero

I elect the Super Tranny Fucker. He can definitely fill the role of Dark Knight for the US.

I always wondered how Superman got all those muscles, normal edercises wouldn't have any resistance to build them up.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Writer, activist, philosopher Naomi Klein

yeah she's Canadian, but if she told me to pick up a gun we've got a righteous war to fight, I'd follow her to Hell and back.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Giunta, 25, joined the Army seven years ago on an impulse. He was working nights at a Subway in Hiawatha, Iowa, and heard a recruiting jingle promising a free T-shirt. In a flash he'd gone through basic and advanced infantry training and was sent to Battle Company, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade, and on to two combat tours in Afghanistan totaling 27 months. Four of his buddies were killed early in his first deployment, blown up by an IED, a roadside bomb. On his second deployment, Battle Co. was sent into the , a small (six miles long and a mile wide) but deadly strip of steep, mountainous terrain where American troops were regularly chewed up by Taliban insurgents.

As Giunta and his buddies struggled through the daily firefights and attacks in the Korengal, his four-year Army hitch was completed. But the Army, using a process known as "stop-loss,'' prevented him from going home until Battle Co.'s 12-month tour was completed.

On Oct. 25, 2007, two platoons of Battle Co., walking patrol at about 8,000 feet high in the Korengal, were suddenly trapped in an L-shaped ambush, a classic enemy maneuver that brought them under fire from two sides. A firefight exploded. "Tracers, bullets, RPGs [rocket-propelled grenades], snaps, pops, cracks, explosions, wings, zings, dings . . . '' is how Giunta recalled it in an interview with CBS's
    Sgt. Giunta and his men could see the muzzle flashes in the dusk, bearded men firing at them from within the distance you could throw a baseball, he said. Soldiers dropped, wounded. Giunta took a round to his chest -- the bullets stopped by the ceramic plate in his body armor. Through the smoke and flash-bang of detonating grenades, Giunta suddenly spotted his good buddy, Sgt. Joshua Brennan, badly wounded and being carried away by two Taliban, dragging Brennan by his hands and feet. Brennan was a tough soldier. The son of two military police, he'd been wounded once before in Afghanistan, and had won the Bronze Star for bravery in combat. But now he needed help badly.

Without thinking, Giunta charged head-on into the Taliban guns, shooting and throwing grenades. One of his soldiers was shot four times, but grabbed Giunta from the ground. "They have him!'' he cried, meaning Brennan. Sprinting, Giunta shot one of the two Talibs carrying Brennan, and the other, who may have been mortally wounded, staggered off. When Giunta got to Brennan, he was conscious, badly wounded in the lower jaw.

Brennan was drifting in and out of consciousness, but he was aware that he'd been rescued from the Taliban. "He knew we were there,'' Giunta told "60 Minutes." They carried Brennan to safety and he was lifted up and away by a medevac chopper. The ambush-firefight had lasted three minutes. Later that night, Joshua Brennan died in surgery; he was 22 years old.

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

I'm sorry to follow a post about a real hero with my funny one, so I apologize ahead of time.

I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Oral perfectionist Professional Poster

The Flaming C.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5378525851_bda571db24.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	410623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_flaming_c_by_clc1997-d3g4g02.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	410624  

A TGirl is very special.
    She is a gift to be treasured.