Default Very Interesting Meeting Today

Im sitting in a shoe shop in Bangkok,MBK for those who are familiar...and this couple is sitting next to me.The 3 of us are waiting for the frenzied Thai girls to find us the correct shoe sizes.

The man glances over at me and in a polite conversational manner he asks " Where are you from?"..I answer "America"....both the man and wife kinda glance down and mumble "Ooohh". Im used to less than enthusiastic replies from foreign folks when they learn Im American,but this response was different...almost afraid,sad,fearful.

I ask them where they are from and they reply "Iran".....Now I understood.There was a deafining uncomfertable pause as the 3 of us pondered how to proceed with this talk.Finally I took the lead and spoke about their vacation,and mentioned that I lived there in Thailand.They asked me why I left America,and not having an hour to explain the dozens of reasons I simply said"Many reasons but mainly because Bush is an asshole"...They smiled and refrained from any further political talk or commentary on what I said,but I could tell by their body language that they were glad to have met an American that didnt want to kill them.

Very sad that things have to be like this.

DJ Asia

Professional Poster

Pff....they have reason to be afraid.....The government in Iran is just as fucked up as it is in Iraq......

Iran is the country that forcibly circumcises there girls, kills any number of people out of hand, kills gay/alternate sexuality people, and imprisons its people for life with no reason.....and thats if they just dont kill you.

If i was in charge Id turn the country into a nice habitable place for someone else....Neutron bombs are lovely...screw the GC...

All radical Islam breeds is filth, and im sorry for the liberals among us, but those places really should be cleansed....The whole country is infected with that evil...and the only way to get rid of it is through wiping it out and starting over. Those countries are BLIGHTED.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder
    Pff....they have reason to be afraid.....The government in Iran is just as fucked up as it is in Iraq......

Iran is the country that forcibly circumcises there girls, kills any number of people out of hand, kills gay/alternate sexuality people, and imprisons its people for life with no reason.....and thats if they just dont kill you.

If i was in charge Id turn the country into a nice habitable place for someone else....Neutron bombs are lovely...screw the GC...

All radical Islam breeds is filth, and im sorry for the liberals among us, but those places really should be cleansed....The whole country is infected with that evil...and the only way to get rid of it is through wiping it out and starting over. Those countries are BLIGHTED.....
    Relax tiger...I didnt say I was pro Ahmadinejad,nor did I say I supported radical Islamic beliefs.

Re-read the post....its simply a commentary on a sad situation in this world where normal people from different parts of the world feel threatened by each other simply because they both have idiots running their respected countries.

And for the record im not a liberal....hold the elections today and have McCain represent the GOP and I would vote for him.

DJ Asia

Platinum Poster

Fundamentalist Islamist's are as disturbing as the type of fundamentalist Christian's who blow up abortion clinics. And the current regime in America has done a great job in fostering the spread of both.

And McCain has about as much chance of winning the GOP nomination next time around as Al Sharpton has in winning the dem nomination...

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Fundamentalist Islamist's are as disturbing as the type of fundamentalist Christian's who blow up abortion clinics. And the current regime in America has done a great job in fostering the spread of both.

And McCain has about as much chance of winning the GOP nomination next time around as Al Sharpton has in winning the dem nomination...
    Chef you make valid points,however really the only 3 candidates in either party that seem to have much of a chance are Gulliani,H.Clinton and McCain...of course McCain is too heroic in his wartime deeds,and is much too qualified for the GOP to give it t him...they will find a way to fuck this one up too.

Rookie Poster

DJ Asia,

Fear not, the so-called conventional wisdom is rarely correct in its prognostications about presidential contenders. This is especially true prior to the mid-term elections. The most likely nominees are people that have not been mentioned yet.

I can make you look yet I can not make you see, I can make you hear yet I can not make you listen.