View Poll Results: Should We Make It Easier For People To Vote Or Harder?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easier

5 62.50%
  • Harder

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Should We Make It Easier For People To Vote Or Harder?

I vote "Harder". If you can't get through the maze in The Shining with Nicholson chasing you carrying an ax, you're not voting. Don't forget your current Drivers License too, 'ya retards. I want my country back! REDRUM

Default Re: Should We Make It Easier For People To Vote Or Harder?

I say make it like american gladiators

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I vote "Harder". If you can't get through the maze in The Shining with Nicholson chasing you carrying an ax, you're not voting. Don't forget your current Drivers License too, 'ya retards. I want my country back! REDRUM
    Hmmm. As I recall, the Republicans allegedly took a perverse delight in making it hard for likely Democrats to vote in key constituencies during the Bush elections. How "hard" do you want to make the process, Dino?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Hmmm. As I recall, the Republicans allegedly took a perverse delight in making it hard for likely Democrats to vote in key constituencies during the Bush elections. How "hard" do you want to make the process, Dino?
    Be fair. Make it hard for everyone. Not for me though. Fuck them.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

There you go again....citing unproved ( in any court of law) here say. What we do know is that the Black Panthers were having a party at some polling places near Philly. One could, and many did reasonably infer intimidation. We know that because we saw the vid and because 2 justice department officials testified before a House Committee on the record about Holder's reluctance to do a thorough investigation about the matter despite the obvious. That's evidence sworn under oath...not pulled from the pages of Media Matters.

Sorry Robert Louis...FAIL.

As to Dino's question....Yes by all means once a person proves his residency and citizenship ( and not with a fucking drivers license..they give those out like free baseball cards) we should make voting as easy as possible. I especially have respect for inner city folks who wait on lines for hours to vote. ( even if they more than likely are voting for guys like Anthony Weiner or Charlie Rangel)... because they like all of us deserve the government they vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    There you go again....citing unproved ( in any court of law) here say. What we do know is that the Black Panthers were having a party at some polling places near Philly. One could, and many did reasonably infer intimidation. We know that because we saw the vid and because 2 justice department officials testified before a House Committee on the record about Holder's reluctance to do a thorough investigation about the matter despite the obvious. That's evidence sworn under oath...not pulled from the pages of Media Matters.

As to Dino's question....Yes by all means once a person proves his residency and citizenship ( and not with a fucking drivers license..they give those out like free baseball cards) we should make voting as easy as possible. I especially have respect for inner city folks who wait on lines for hours to vote. ( even if they more than likely are voting for guys like Anthony Weiner or Charlie Rangel)... because they like all of us deserve the government they vote for.
    You do know what "allegedly" means?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

you do know what "allegedly" means?
    lol.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post

Tsk tsk SMFH

Several of you have clamored for me to say something about the alleged voter intimidation case in Philadelphia, which involves a thuggish group who call themselves the “New Black Panthers.” (While I was no fan of the original Black Panthers, they don’t deserve to have their reputation further befouled by this group. The two groups are in no way related.)
    I was loathe to comment since I know that no rational discussion will follow. How could it? It was clear from the beginning that this was not a case of voter intimidation against anyone who might vote for John McCain. As many observers noted on that day, no matter how badly those two New Black Panters were behaving (and the police were called and responded), it’s a HEAVILY DEMOCRATIC PRECINCT. As blogger Ben Smith noted way back then, “You don’t typically intimidate your own voters.”
    But solid reporting from Media Matters and Adam Serwer of The American Prospect ought to put this nonsense to rest (it won’t, but it should). The charges against the New Black Panthers were downgraded by the Bush Department of Justice:
    The decision not to file a criminal case occurred before Obama was even in office.
    This means that the case was downgraded to a civil case 11 days before Obama was inaugurated, 26 days before Eric Holder became attorney general, and about nine months before Thomas Perez was confirmed as head of the Civil Rights Division.
    From Media Matters:
    # Adams has admitted that he does not have first-hand knowledge of the events, conversations, and decisions that he is citing to advance his accusations;
    # The Bush administration’s Justice Department — not the Obama administration — made the decision not to pursue criminal charges against members of the New Black Panther Party for alleged voter intimidation at a polling center in Philadelphia in 2008;
    # The Obama administration successfully obtained default judgment against Samir Shabazz, a member of the New Black Panther Party carrying a nightstick outside the Philadelphia polling center on Election Day 2008;
    # The Bush administration DOJ chose not to pursue similar charges against members of the Minutemen, one of whom allegedly carried a weapon while harassing Hispanic voters in Arizona in 2006;
    # No voters have come forward to claim that they were intimidated from voting on account of the New Black Panthers standing outside the polling center in 2008;
    So, no matter how many times J. Christian Adams declares that the Obama administration refuses to protect the rights of white people — and no matter how many times Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh repeat it — it’s not true.
    (See my first post of the day about facts before you respond.)

http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/...no-major-case/

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Just make it harder to become a candidate, if the terminally moronic have only smart candidates to choose from you have a decent chance to get a good government.

Insert funny quote here

How about we have them bring there previous years taxes, if they haven't helped pay for the government they don't get to vote for it...