Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: Casey Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by DaveO View Post
    Some of you don't understand that it's not enough to think she's probably guilty. The prosecution didn't prove that she's guilty *beyond a reasonable doubt*. That's the standard. If you really look at the evidence you have to say it's very possible that her daughter drowned accidentally and Casey tried to cover it up out of fear.

I think we understand that quite well. There are 2 courts...one the court of public opinion, and the other the court of law. We as Americans are free to think whatever we like....it's called intuition. We don't put people to death because of it, but that doesn't mean our intuition is wrong either.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsdvdman View Post
    Wasn't speaking in terms of "racist" Dino. What I am saying is that the images of death penalty people are always black, hispanic or plain "hardened" criminals. There are plenty of dudes on death row whose evidence wasn't nearly as obvious as this chicks was. However..they don't get the intense media coverage and dissecting of the "humaness" like they did with Casey. The media is just not ready or willing to include images of a young, "cute" white girl who is on death row along side all the other heinous criminals who are on death row too.
    I won't argue that the poor get the short end of the stick in the judicial system. But, the media I was watching, most of them wanted Casey's head on a platter. Full-on Full Blooded Italian Crazy Cross-Eyed Jeanine Pirro was giving the Evil Eye in the direction of the defense through the coverage. Greta plays it pretty straight though.

OJ should've been on Death Row. His fame/income and race worked to his benefit. Also, the lazy/unprofessional/overconfident prosecutors did an abysmal job.

How does OJ Simpson wind up in this?
    How is he not just as "innocent" as Casey Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkurie View Post
    OJ's name is always brought up when controversial decisions are discussed. As far as scoreboard(criminal standards), OJ is no more of a murderer than Casey. Using common sense, they're both responsible for a death or deaths. One has more pre-meditation and lies in wait and the other is careless/reckless/selfish and her child dies because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkurie View Post

Huh ?? It's perfectly acceptable in my mind to draw parallels in the 2 cases because of the media coverage, the sensational infatuation that the country had with the case, the total innocence of the victims, the brutality, the verdict, and so on. And in legal terms, neither OJ nor Ms. Anthony was found "innocent" . They were found not guilty by a preponderance of the evidence. Using the term "Innocent" to describe either defendent seems an entirely misplaced term....legally or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Huh ?? It's perfectly acceptable in my mind to draw parallels in the 2 cases because of the media coverage, the sensational infatuation that the country had with the case, the total innocence of the victims, the brutality, the verdict, and so on. And in legal terms, neither OJ nor Ms. Anthony was found "innocent" . They were found not guilty by a preponderance of the evidence. Using the term "Innocent" to describe either defendent seems an entirely misplaced term....legally or otherwise.
    It's less of a stretch understanding why OJ did it. Nicole's "innocence" was debatable. If my ex-wife was letting the guy who's fucking her drive the car I bought her I'd be furious. She spent a lotta lotta of his money. I'm not saying it's right but...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    It's less of a stretch understanding why OJ did it. Nicole's "innocence" was debatable. If my ex-wife was letting the guy who's fucking her drive the car I bought her I'd be furious. She spent a lotta lotta of his money. I'm not saying it's right but...

gotta disagree there my brother. What's good for the goose is good for a kept wife. He was gettin' his share of snatch, but couldn't deal with her gettin' hers. The only thing I would ever fault Nicole for was hypocracy. Her sister went on about how Nicole told her she only wanted a simple life and a guy to love her. Sorry, but it that's your goal...marry Gilbert Godfrey, not an international play boy.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Not to insert race, but does anyone believe if this chick was a Black female from Detroit who lied every single step of the way about what happened to her child, does anyone even pretend she'd be judged not guilty???

Sometimes a jury has to use common sense.

No sane mother makes up multiple fictions to make an accident look like a murder and herself look like a killer.

Kids accidentally drown all the time, but who then buries that kid in a swamp and says afterwards my baby was kidnapped by the nanny???

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    My ever race conscience friend....the jury was SEQUESTERED and not able to read newspapers or watch TV...And every medial outlet I watched except Geraldo had her fried, so your theory is null in void and somewhat ignorant. I do agree she's guilty, but I wasn't the one deciding her fate fortunately for her. Here's what we do know.....we have a beautiful child dead....discarded in the woods like an animal, and that cunt knows exactly what happened and when....but I believe in Karma, ( ask OJ about Karma) and you mark my words...she'll get busted with a purse full of crack, and they'll throw her the fuck in jail for 5 years. And as for her entire dysfunctional clan, they deserve our utter contempt.
    OMK I'm a bit surprised at you brother..lol You strike me as a person who has the ability to see beyond.. and is not always influenced by what is said or done directly.
    The people on the jury was SEQUESTERED yes..but they still came in with their own beliefs, experiences, cultural biases.etc... shaped and influenced by what?.. the MEDIA among other things. NO ONE,,and I mean NO ONE wanted to have the guilt and blood of Casey on their hands,,especially living the next 20 years or so until she got executed. Also,,many white folks saw Casey as someone they knew like a rebellious daughter, niece, cousin, cutie-pie, physco ex..party girl,,whooohoo.etc. Yes,,That's the way the media portrayed her too because it was the "sexy" sell in addition and deflection from the gruesomeness. But even with that,,they still wouldn't kill the bitch. And lastly..the Nacy Graces of the world are paid to act and say things a certain way. They play up to the overwhelming popular public opinion. That's the drama of reality TV. They seduce you into believing everything by playing on what they told you to be thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Not to insert race, but does anyone believe if this chick was a Black female from Detroit who lied every single step of the way about what happened to her child, does anyone even pretend she'd be judged not guilty???

Sometimes a jury has to use common sense.

No sane mother makes up multiple fictions to make an accident look like a murder and herself look like a killer.

Kids accidentally drown all the time, but who then buries that kid in a swamp and says afterwards my baby was kidnapped by the nanny???

While I get your point about race, and conceed to a point.....let me answer you this way...

The cops, DA and all of the press certainly believed the accusser in both the Duke rape case and DSK more recently . My point is injecting race sometimes cuts both ways. The rest of what you say is spot on.